PDA

View Full Version : 300 pts of gondor for tourny

Sebavin
26-10-2008, 06:30
Ok there is a LOTR tourny this saturday at my local GW and the prize is a wounderfuly made Ossgileoth? Osgileath?... what ever I think you know what I'm trying to spell. Well I would like some info on what every one thinks, can't put much in 300pts to bragg about.

Faramar with heavy armour- 75pts
9 Minas Tirith swordsmen with shield - 72pts
9 Minas Tirith spearmen with shield- 81pts
9 Minas Tirith bowmen- 72pts
Total is 300pts

If any one is interested in the table I might win look on Ebay for it (I don't think I have any room for a 4Ft by 6Ft table at my place so anyone who might want it look on ebay.)

Pitalla Crimson
27-10-2008, 07:03
I would swap those minas tirith bowmen for some rangers with bows, they got better F and are far better shoters and I think they are a little bit cheaper so you may be able to fill some extra stuff.

neXus6
29-10-2008, 18:27
I think it's pretty solid for 300pts, as Pitalla says you could get some rangers in instead of the men of minas tirith with bows as they are better at shooting and around the same points cost.

I've just started buying up bits and pieces to make an Osgiliath themed army, I'm probably going to end up with more in the region of 500pts but its basicly the same kinda stuff, Faramir, Damrod, Minas Tirith Captain and Standard, 3 Osgiliath Veterans (cause I love the models and it'll help with converting the plastics), box of men of Minas Tirith, box of Rangers of Middle Earth.

So I'll be interested to hear how you get on with the army, and good luck, it's cool making an Osgiliath army to fight for an Osgiliath board even if you don't have space for it.
:D

Sebavin
02-11-2008, 17:02
Well I lost prety bad. THE WINNER HAD A ILLEGEL ARMY!!!! and also all of the missions were against me.
first game: on the osgilleath table, we had to get a object from the center of the table and bring it back to are table edge. the problem is that the center of the table was a big building that we had to climb up to get to. My opponet was goblins!!!!!!!
second game: get to the opposet side of the table and I was playing agianst URIK-ky (the kind of URIK-KY that is basicly a wall)
last game: kill each other, I was playing aganst the illegel list (a dragon and 10 goblins) and well a dragon is a frickin' dragon so you know how that ended.

neXus6
03-11-2008, 20:11
...well that seemed like a very well thought out tourney.
:wtf:

Unlucky mate.
:(

Pitalla Crimson
04-11-2008, 02:19
yeah, did you used rangers?

how did the iligal list got in the tourney? thats bs >:(

Sebavin
04-11-2008, 14:51
no i don't get to use them ,but it didn't seem like that would help any way. I did get so bad missions and played aginst armys that were realy good at em.
The reason the illigal list got into the tourney is because no one plays LOTR at my local GW and i never looked at the goblin/dwarf book so I didn't know till the 3rd round when we got a quick break. So I told them and they printed out a paper with a question on it and at the time I was the only one who knew that the list wasn't legal ,but appearently I was the only one in the tourny that knew how to read (yes, if you thought "unnamed" should still win/ No, if he shouldn't). Every one thought it was the other way around and so he one!
also can Minas Morgul and the (the list that gives you castileans) alliy?

Pitalla Crimson
04-11-2008, 16:13
well I think I could had killed the goblins with rangers, since they shot very easy.
And yes I belive that minas morgul can ally with the castellan's list.