PDA

View Full Version : Warriors of Chaos

Rookie1986
26-10-2008, 13:51
Hi guys,

Just wanting to know if in the new Chaos rules the mounts also benefit from the mark the unit has been given - a reference to page and section would be helpful,

thanks
/Rookie

logan054
26-10-2008, 16:44
depends on the mark, for example frenzy effects the mount, MoN would effect any unit in b2b (and would effect shooting), tzeetch however wouldnt.

Rookie1986
26-10-2008, 22:29
depends on the mark, for example frenzy effects the mount, MoN would effect any unit in b2b (and would effect shooting), tzeetch however wouldnt.

Do you know where this is referenced in either the main rule book or the WoC Codex as a friend of mine was adamant that the mark didn't effect my horses of my knights so i lost 5 attacks because i couldn't find anything to back up my statement,

EvC
26-10-2008, 22:35
Your friend was thinking of the old rules for Mark of Khorne, which was worded differently. Now it's worded normally, and frenzy transfers to mounts as it does with all psychological effects. Check 7th edition FAQ for reference.

Gazak Blacktoof
26-10-2008, 23:06
Do you know where this is referenced in either the main rule book or the WoC Codex as a friend of mine was adamant that the mark didn't effect my horses of my knights so i lost 5 attacks because i couldn't find anything to back up my statement,

As EvC pointed out those were the old rules.

If your version of the 7th edition rule book is an early printing you may need to download the rule book FAQ to find the correct rules for frenzy and steeds.

logan054
26-10-2008, 23:53

page 79 of the main book covers mounts and psychology

common sense covers the other two, ward saves only transfer to mounts if the item (or mark) states so, the MoN affects all shooting at the model, as you dont target the mount directly then you recieve the -1 to hit. in combat as long as a model with MoN is in b2b with a unit then the whole enemy unit suffers -1 to hit (it dosnt state at the bearer)