PDA

View Full Version : Second Releases for Armies

Emeraldw
26-10-2008, 15:49
So we know that GW is doing second waves of armies. In the 40k section there has been a lot of talk for Orks this January. Also rumored was that armies were getting their second release about a year after the new codex. I don't know when the orks were released, but later in the 09 year there is going to be a second release of Daemons supposedly with lots of cool stuff.

Which raises a question to me. Will other armies get second waves? For example, will High Elves get a second release? (Plastic Elites anyone?) Or were they covered in their First release? Vampire Counts?

Even if you don't think there will be one for your army, what would you like to see if there was a second release?

Schelle
26-10-2008, 16:42
VC abysal terror or zombie dragon in plastic please
Bloodthirster in plastic please, actually all greater daemons in plastic kit
I believe plastic plague bearers will be released April next year. (cool)

mistformsquirrel
26-10-2008, 18:32
I'm expecting WoC will get a second wave, probably with a Warshrine, Valkia, and Forsaken.

Thats just a guess though <,< we might get nothing or we might get something completely unexpected.

Abduction
26-10-2008, 22:59
Plastic HE elites would be great. And if I recall correctly there was a rumour about the HE getting a cavalry box with all three cavary options in it, releasing it as a second wave would be really nice.

Lordsaradain
26-10-2008, 23:19
some new dark elf characters will be seen early next year, along with the plastic daemon prince.

Desert Rain
26-10-2008, 23:52
some new dark elf characters will be seen early next year, along with the plastic daemon prince.
Dark elves certenally needs more characters, the current ones are not that great.
I'm hoping for some new high elves stuff too.

Tokamak
26-10-2008, 23:55
Well, I wouldn't mind seeing a third wave for orcs.

gorenut
27-10-2008, 00:13
Dark Elves: Seriously.. Dark Riders. I think this was on the top of everyone's list of what people would like to see be released as plastics.

Empire: Empire Knights.. again.. another item that would sell like hotcakes.

bravey
27-10-2008, 00:20
Well, I wouldn't mind seeing a third wave for orcs.

Yeah, like maybe plastic squig riders, plastic doom diver, plastic spear chukka's...Heck, plasticise all of 'em!

Emeraldw
27-10-2008, 00:22
Dark Elves: Seriously.. Dark Riders. I think this was on the top of everyone's list of what people would like to see be released as plastics.

Empire: Empire Knights.. again.. another item that would sell like hotcakes.

Aren't empire knights already plastic? Or do you mean a reboxing into 5 for $22?

I'd like to see Plastic Cavalry for all races. My Wood Elves would love plastic Wild Riders, I could run an Orion Cav list on the cheap!

I'd also like to see things like Phoenix guard or white lions in plastic like Grave Guard.

A Plastic Treeman would be lovely but things like that won't be coming till the new Wood Elf book (in 2015 or later I bet! :rolleyes: ) however i've got a nice line there so I won't complain much.

Plastic Cav for all armies is on the top of my list, followed by Elite units so that getting a unit of 20 isn't nearly so expensive.

Znail
27-10-2008, 00:56
Plastics are pretty expensive to make molds for so its not that likely to be done for all special slots, even less so if there isnt anything wrong with the current models. I think core units have a bit higher priority or specials/Rare without models. So I would expect Horrors, Plaguebearers, Seekers of Slaanesh, Forsaken, Warshrine etc to take priority. Characters will probobly still be in metal too, Daemon Prince is an exception due to very large number of armies that can use him.

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
27-10-2008, 01:03
Yeah, like maybe plastic squig riders, plastic doom diver, plastic spear chukka's...Heck, plasticise all of 'em!

Oh God yes! Give me new Savage Orcs, plastic Boar Boys, new wolf riders that don't look awful, new regular goblins so that people might actually field them (well, their rules would still be terrible, so maybe not), and new chariots! GIMME GIMME GIMME!

Nesbet
27-10-2008, 01:22
Im waiting for WOC second wave: ogres, dragon ogres (both awful and stone-aged minis) , maybe some forsakens, but over everything else... MARAUDERS!!!

cmon, the marauders on foot are the worse f*ckn' models of the whole WOC range!!!

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
27-10-2008, 04:55
Im waiting for WOC second wave: ogres, dragon ogres (both awful and stone-aged minis) , maybe some forsakens, but over everything else... MARAUDERS!!!

cmon, the marauders on foot are the worse f*ckn' models of the whole WOC range!!!

Hmm... I don't know about the worst. Chaos Ogres and Trolls are awful, not to mention the Dragon Ogres. I hear that a lot of folks hate the look of Marauders, but I just don't get it. At least they don't look like they're about to take a poop while they walk... *coughOrcscough*

Nesbet
27-10-2008, 05:15
they look like shemale strippers xD
In the chaos wastes, almost naked? WTF!
In the pictures, they seem covered by lots of fur, the actual minis have a 25x25cm cape and not enough fur to make a scarf.

As you mentioned, ogres are awful too, dragon-ogres... how old are these guys? almost 20? Anyways, its a matter of taste (I really like the chaos trolls for example xD)