PDA

View Full Version : pre heresy death guard

srgt. gak
26-10-2008, 22:14
hey guys,
im looking for some fluff for my pre heresy death guard, any ideas where to look

LOTRCROWN
26-10-2008, 22:15
index astarts 3 ,has all you need :)

HsojVvad
26-10-2008, 22:34
what is index astartes 3?

srgt. gak
26-10-2008, 23:27
what is index astartes 3?

indeed.... where can i find this???

Brother_Chaplian Raimo
27-10-2008, 00:08
The old Index Astartes were generally featured in White Dwarf, and may have been compiled into books at some point. Generally, the old IA articles have been, to some degree or other, retconned, but they're worth a look. Lexicanium is your friend.

Victomorga
27-10-2008, 00:23
The old Index Astartes were generally featured in White Dwarf, and may have been compiled into books at some point. Generally, the old IA articles have been, to some degree or other, retconned, but they're worth a look. Lexicanium is your friend.

agreed. I wish there was some kind of sticky at the top of all the forums directing people to lexicanum (www.lexicanum.com) before posting.

but then what would keep the snooty old timers like me going? we wouldn't have anything to post as obvious and obnoxiously roll our eyes over....

to the OP:

lexicanum is the best online GW fluff reference. aside from the usefulness of the articles themselves, they usually have helpful bibliographies which will steer you in the right direction to find out more information from the author of the page's source(s).here is the lexicanum page for the deathguard:

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Death_Guard

I was actually disappointed to see that no WD articles were referenced in this page. "flight of the eisenstein" is a good book about the deathguard, but it's BL and not "true canon fluff."