PDA

View Full Version : 750 point Ogres Beginner League

Rip456
26-10-2008, 22:29
Hi my local GS is starting a fantasy beginner league. I normally play 40k but looking at the armies Ive decided to play Ogres(I know they suffer from power creep and are considered really bad right now). The first game is 750 and ive been tossing this list around in my head.

Hero
Butcher
-2 Tooth Gnoblars
-Skull Mantle
-Fistful of Laurels

Core
4 Bulls

3 Ironguts
-Standard Bearer
Butcher goes in here

20 Gnoblar Fighters

10 Gnoblar Trappers

Special
3 Leadbelchers

I know its not very good(Its my First Fantasy List) I really wanted to use a hunter but he cant be the army general. Please give me any suggestions to help me improve my list or any tactical advice to help me out.
Thanks in advance

dal9ll
27-10-2008, 00:04
I dont think this list is bad and I dont think Ogres are considered really bad right now. Ogres just require more finesse because of the low number of models in the army. Im thinking that if I were to make a 750-point Ogre list, it would look a lot like this one. You got the essentials in there--the Butcher, the Gnoblar Tappers, the Ironguts... plus youve even got a little long range stuff in there. However, I suggest you do your homework on some common Ogre tactics (such as baiting and fleeing, march blocking, other tricks with the Trappers, reloading properly with Leadbelchers, etc.).

Actually this site has lots of great Ogre tactics:
http://ogrestronghold.com/main/index.php

Rip456
27-10-2008, 00:09
Wow thanks I had no idea there was a site like this its going to help me alot

Ixeon
27-10-2008, 00:32
Hi my local GS is starting a fantasy beginner league. I normally play 40k but looking at the armies Ive decided to play Ogres(I know they suffer from power creep and are considered really bad right now). The first game is 750 and ive been tossing this list around in my head.

Hero
Butcher
-2 Tooth Gnoblars
-Skull Mantle
-Fistful of Laurels

Core
4 Bulls

3 Ironguts
-Standard Bearer
Butcher goes in here

20 Gnoblar Fighters

10 Gnoblar Trappers

Special
3 Leadbelchers

I know its not very good(Its my First Fantasy List) I really wanted to use a hunter but he cant be the army general. Please give me any suggestions to help me improve my list or any tactical advice to help me out.
Thanks in advance

Your Butcher can not be the army general either, you have to take a Bruiser as your general under any 2000pts game.

Rip456
27-10-2008, 00:56
wow didnt even realize that funny how that rule is in a different spot then the hunter one but well heres a revised version of the list

Hero
Brusier
-Great Weapon
-Heavy Armour
-Fistful of Laurels

Core
4 Bulls
-Additional Hand Weapons
-Bellower

3 Ironguts
-Bellower
Brusier goes here

20 Gnoblar Fighters

8 Gnoblar Trappers

Special
2 Leadbelchers

Rare
Gorger

Heres my revised list after doing some more research thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Rip456
27-10-2008, 06:50
Nobody has anything else to say? I guess I made a really good list then

dal9ll
27-10-2008, 19:57
I like the this revised list a little better actually. I forgot that a Butcher cant be your general. You can include him when you get to 1000 pts. Leadbelchers in units of 2 are ideal as it minimzes the damage from Misfires. Gorgers are awesome too.