PDA

View Full Version : Berzerkers or Chosen?

gundark
27-10-2008, 00:44
I have a Land Raider which I'm putting a chaos lord into. However I'm stuck what to have go along wth him. I've got it narrowed down to a close combat specced squad of chosen (lot of lightning claws). Or a squad of Berzerkers with a champ/Power fist. Both would be 9 man strong + Lord in the Land Raider.

Or is there something else to put with him?

spartainubzy
27-10-2008, 00:52
go with the beserkers

blackcherry
27-10-2008, 01:00
I would go with the bezerkers. They chuck out more attacks, count as a troop choice and are WS5 with furious charge. Take chosen in a land raider and you are wasting their main advantage, mainly that they can infiltrate.

Have a large chosen squad or 2 small ones infiltrate and use them to tie up parts of the army that could slow down your lord and bezerkers along with the more important parts (in this case your troop choices) of your army. I find having a greater demon possess one of the champions usually does the trick.

Though shouldn't this go in the tactics section?

senorcardgage
27-10-2008, 04:29
Zerkers. Mostly only for the fact that they're scoring!

xragg
27-10-2008, 05:16
Zerkers for no new reason that hasnt already been mentioned. Though zerker champions are better with power weapons in most situations, not fists if you are riding them in a LR where you most certainly will be charging.

Victomorga
27-10-2008, 05:19
absolutely berserkers. the way you intend to use them, there is no question which is better.

redbaron998
27-10-2008, 05:29
Zerkers without a doubt.

Reasons why:

1. Your paying for Infiltrate with chosen and not using it

2. Furious Charge

3. BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!!!

Seriously though go with the zerkers, not much short of termies will survive a charge of a full unit of em (and even termies are gonna hurt)

El Haroldo
27-10-2008, 05:55
A veteran chaos player friend of mine swears by a Lord and 8 berserkers in a land raider. It's not cheap but it's also not that expensive and when it 'goes off' you can expect a double handful of dice being thrown for your attacks.