PDA

View Full Version : daemons

SirSnipes
27-10-2008, 01:16
ok so ive played daemons since they came out, i love them, but they seem UBER powerful, why is it that they never seem to lose, all i usually play is marines, chaos,orks, guard and eldar, and people complain that they dont want to play against them because its no fun, i cant say i dont agree, yesterday i played daemonhunters, and 10 terminators charged krugathrar(in woods) and he DESTROTYED THEM, i just dont think they were very well thought out, what say you

MasterDecoy
27-10-2008, 01:49
i dunno, nobody around my area that started them could manage a win with them. against armys like nids ect, you will get charged and a 5+ inv save is pointless against 32 attacks that will more than likely hit on 3's and wound on 3's(especially seems all the basic troops are toughness 3 (except nurgle))

and against marines ect, a 5+ inv save is pointless against 10 to 20 bolter shots per squad.

SirSnipes
27-10-2008, 02:15
just when you attack first and usually massacer them whats the deal, i deploy, run and hide, then come out and start to kill, and when mixed with the greater demons they just become so powerful

MasterDecoy
27-10-2008, 02:51
Hmmm, dunno, I would actually like to play a decent demon player. But they are in very short supply here.

SirSnipes
27-10-2008, 02:53
ah well then meb im just a cheap ass, fateweaver, a infantry horde and 3 daemon princes, skulltaker,skarbarand and grugatha 3000 points of death

MasterDecoy
27-10-2008, 02:58
oh there might be the problem, Our games are typically 1000 -> 1500pts.

Which I have noted is not in the "Ideal range" for demons.

However I would still pit my 3000pts of nids(when I buy my next few box's that is) against it.

gab-skull trasher
27-10-2008, 03:00
Deamons Overpower?I play a monokhorne list and i'd never lost game but it always ends in a close match, i'm always left with 1 or 2 small units of BL.
And my brother plays a SlaneeshTzeentch list and it he always loses to my Orks.:)

But i don't think they're not fun it's actually funny when the gods go against you and you don't get the cohort that you want or you get a lot of mishaps.
But don't get me wrong they will be powerful if you now how to use them correctly.

zendral
27-10-2008, 03:04
ah well then meb im just a cheap ass, fateweaver, a infantry horde and 3 daemon princes, skulltaker,skarbarand and grugatha 3000 points of death

Who the hell is "grugatha"? Do you mean Ku'gath?

Just checking, but I hope your playing apocalypse or not taking all the units mentioned above at the same time.... that would be illegal.

The daemon army is really only mean if your opponent underestimates them. In general I have never heard of the daemon army being too powerful.

==Me==
27-10-2008, 04:47
Daemons are nasty when they catch people off guard, it's tough responding to everything coming down at once.

Their biggest problem is the randomness inherent to the army. You get the wrong wave or some bad scatters and it's lights out usually. I took the Orks against Daemons and after blowing away the initial wave with Lootas, Burnas, Shootas, and Dakkaguns I had ==My== Biker Nobs roam the field, dispatching any units that came down with a quick and brutal assault before running off to kill something else.

I would never call Daemons overpowered (maybe Epidemius armies), but they can be powerful if used well. They are more dependent on luck than any army and that is what makes them inconsistent.

Daemons are also crippled by certain units. Allied Mystic Inquisitors are brutal for very few points, the new marines' LS Storm and Null Zone psychic power, and any anti-DS deployment or speedy army can quickly trump the Daemons' surprise attack and pick them off piecemeal.

Warforger
27-10-2008, 05:09
I would....

The guy over here who is known around here, plays about every army, one of his main armies is daemons, I played against them and they are very annoying when your mixing gods, especially mixtures with Slaanesh, the dancing movement can be rather annoying to get your guys to get into charge range/weapon range, or off a objective.

maccas
27-10-2008, 13:32
Me and my mates are doing a tourment of about 8 people and one guy is usein daemons and has only lost one game in 7 so i think if you can use the army they can be one of the best in 40k

Alessander
27-10-2008, 15:36
They are a hit or miss army. 1/3 of the time your daemonic deployment will be completely screwed over, which usually means lights out.

They have major difficulty against tanks, as they have little ranged anti-tank (especially since rending got toned down). As mentioned above, scatter easily screws you over, as does the save.

Has anyone played them in a tourney environment and won any games when your daemonic deplyment waves get reversed?

Personally, I think they are just like the daemonhunters - lots of flavor, but not a great army overall.

Soupcat
27-10-2008, 17:30
They are a hit or miss army. 1/3 of the time your daemonic deployment will be completely screwed over, which usually means lights out.

They have major difficulty against tanks, as they have little ranged anti-tank (especially since rending got toned down). As mentioned above, scatter easily screws you over, as does the save.

Has anyone played them in a tourney environment and won any games when your daemonic deplyment waves get reversed?

Personally, I think they are just like the daemonhunters - lots of flavor, but not a great army overall.

well your screwed if you are throwing all your eggs in one basket, you do better overall having 2 evenly spread halves.