PDA

View Full Version : What the hell happened to the Segmentum Pacificus

Luthien
27-10-2008, 18:45
Looking at the map on pages 116-117 of the rule book I notice there's no Segmentum Pacificus, it's just disappeared. :eek:

Iuris
27-10-2008, 18:52
Bad Carnifex! Spit it out! Right now!

aad
27-10-2008, 18:53
there is none in the new spacemarine codex either:confused::wtf:

always knew that there where at least 4 segmentums..:eyebrows:

and now someone is missing.(maybe eaten by tyranids.):D

Geddonight
27-10-2008, 19:41
Segmentum Pacificus is right where it's always been... it's just that nothing cool is labeled so that they could apparently show off the Binary System Cabulis. Look below that zoom box, and above the zoom box of Holy Terra... there's your Segmentum

Khaine's Messenger
27-10-2008, 19:44
always knew that there where at least 4 segmentums..:eyebrows:

There are "at least" five segmentums. Solar, Obscurus, Ultima, Tempestus, and Pacificus. All of them are in the core book's map. There's just apparently so much uninteresting about the Segmentum Pacificus that they wedged the name between two insets--one of which is for a star system in the Segmentum Pacificus.

EDIT: Ack! That's what I get for leaving my core book in the car. ;)

Luthien
27-10-2008, 20:03
Segmentum Pacificus is right where it's always been... it's just that nothing cool is labeled so that they could apparently show off the Binary System Cabulis. Look below that zoom box, and above the zoom box of Holy Terra... there's your Segmentum

Madre Dios! You're right! :eek: Oh i've made such a fool out of myself :cries:
Oh and Iuris you made me laugh

Clockwork-Knight
27-10-2008, 20:16
Didn't some thousand planets rebell/seceede from the Imperium in the Segmentum Pacificus?

Sikkukkut
27-10-2008, 23:43
Pacificus was the scene of Cardinal Bucharis' Plague of Unbelief, which was one of the largest and most destructive power struggles of the Age of Apostasy - is that what you're thinking of?

DapperAnarchist
28-10-2008, 00:25
However, beyond that, bits of the Macharian Crusades, and some other bits and pieces, it is relatively peaceful - hence the name Pacificus. Mostly cos its damn empty, being the outer western edge, where systems start to grow scarce, and its far away from a) the Eye b) the Maelstrom c) the nids d) the tau e) the main centres of Necron resurgence and f) everyone else, really... Great place to kick back as a governor, I'd think

Inquisitor Castleman
28-10-2008, 10:37
I always thought it was named after it positioning relative to the oceans on our Earth map. The pacific, when Britain is in the middle at the top (where it belongs), is to the outer western edge of the map beyond the U.S.

aad
28-10-2008, 10:57
well in de spacemarines codex(the latest) their are only 3 segmentums.

pacificus and tempestus are not on that map.
but its so crammed full of zoom and little details that i could have missed them.:D

its so cool that some people here have found a lot of extra lightyears the imperium was missing.:p