PDA

View Full Version : 2k Dragon Ogre Party

andy10k
27-10-2008, 23:05
After flicking through the WoC book i couldn't put my finger on anything that quite jumped at me, as TBH, it all jumps at you :P everything is pretty damn nasty, but putting it all together is a royal pain :(
One concept was this Dragon Ogre style list lol, just for shiz n gigglez:

Kholek Suneater (605)
For those who don't know, this guys a super dragon ogre shaggoth on crack, carrying 8 wounds and strength 8 doing d3 wounds! hes insane, only drawback is that hes I 1...pit of shades anyone? He also has this shooting attack which makes him tastey, you pick a target in LoS on a 2-6 the unit takes D6 S6 hits! on a 1 though Kholek becomes frenzied for the rest of the game (oh no!)

Sorcerer (151) Barded Steed, 2 x Dispell Scrolls
Sorcerer (151) Barded Steed, 2 x Dispell Scrolls
Done the whole magic heavy lists, so thought instead i'd put it to one side and just have some basic scroll caddies, either hiding away or in a marauder unit

5 Marauder Horsemen (76) Spears, Musician
Core fillers + fast cav + not too bad on the charge actually :o

3 Dragon Ogres (219) Additional Hand Weapons
Lots of attacks, lots of wounds, pretty speedy, just right for taking on average infantry

Dragon Ogre Shaggoth (285) Great Weapon
Dragon Ogre Shaggoth (285) Great Weapon
Still nasty, hard hitters

Could just remove the Dragon Ogre Shaggoths and throw in 2 more units of basic Dragon Ogres, but this is a little more fun with loads of large terror targets :D

Kalec
28-10-2008, 02:00
The only advantage the shaggoths have over dragon ogres is causing terror. 3 dragon ogres with great weapons have more attacks, more wounds, and are harder to shoot.

Drop the 2 shaggoths, give the dragon ogres GW's, give the horsemen flails, and pick up a couple more DO units.

akgaroth
28-10-2008, 13:22
Shaggoths are not that bad. Funny enough, they have more Ld than the general:confused:.
But i think they work equally good (if not better) with 2HW, as they've already S6. On the other side dragon-ogres really need GW, and anyways they will strike last with I2.
Have you thought to substitute 1 unit of horsemens for 2x5 hounds?
They're cheaper so they "work" better as shoot-screens and you can give them the job to hunt down warmachines.
Besides, you have also the shaggoths for flanking (at least, i use them for that).

SlayerMonka
29-10-2008, 23:53
another thing if the sorcerer join units they lose the fast cav bonus.

so maybe having a look at that how better to protect your army from magic.

Kalec
30-10-2008, 00:55
another thing if the sorcerer join units they lose the fast cav bonus.

so maybe having a look at that how better to protect your army from magic.

No, they don't.

riven5
30-10-2008, 01:21
No, they don't.

I was under the impression that when Sorcs mounted on barded steeds (indeed ANY chars on regular steeds) joined up with fast cav, the fast cav rule ceased to apply to that unit. After all, barded steeds are not fast cavalry themselves.

bork da basher
30-10-2008, 10:44
it says in the rulebook a charecter can join a unit of fast cav and move exactly as the unit does, the only negative is he doesnt benefit from the fast cav shooting rule. so yes he can join and yes the unit remains fast cav.

Heckus
30-10-2008, 12:54
You call this a party??

Needs more Dragon Ogres! Make your opponent say "Damn, how many of those can you field". Then it's a party.

alex17
30-10-2008, 21:56
GATE on Kholek and the game is all over, just hope he doesn't get that double 6

Kalec
30-10-2008, 23:00
4 dispel scrolls, and that weedy git of a sorcerer HAS to challenge. Kholek should be fine.

Odin
31-10-2008, 12:30
I tried out Kholec the other day, he's awesome unsurprisingly.

Though he did manage to Frenzy himself, which was a bit of a nightmare, as he could easily be baited by fast cavalry and kept out of combat.

Horus38
31-10-2008, 23:23
GATE on Kholek and the game is all over, just hope he doesn't get that double 6

Thanks for that wonderful insight...

I was expecting a few more dragon ogres in the list given the title. I might try upping your ante to 3,000 points to really flesh out the list without dropping the shaggoth(s). Would love to see what you do with it as I really like DO's.