PDA

View Full Version : 2250 WoC Archaon list

Vaktathi
27-10-2008, 23:41
Allrighty, here's another go. I decided that since I bought the model, and I like his background and model so much, I'd try to make an Archaon list, here goes

Lord:
Archaon.

Core:

2x Warriors, Shields, full command, MoN (600)

2x 5 Marauder Horsemen, Full Command, Flails, MoK (270)

4x 5 Warhounds (120)

Special:

2x 5 Knights, MoN, Full Command.

2235pts.

My main concern with the list is Magic, with only a single lvl2 Sorcerer, its fairly light, and the Marauders may be better as barebones units of 10 with a mark of Slaanesh.

What do you guys think?

Dark Apostle197
28-10-2008, 00:23
I know nothing about WOC, but are Marauder Horsemen fast cav? If so you may want to drop at least the banner. If they aren't it still may be a good idea. Use them to support the warriors, who have a banner, which would make the horsemen's useless.

Kalec
28-10-2008, 01:57
Drop the standard from the horsemen, it gives up more VP then the unit is worth.

I recommend cutting the warriors out completely. They are 600 points that will rarely be where you need them. Grab another unit of horsemen, and a unit of knights and a unit of dragon ogres. Plenty of hard-hitting, fast units that can fight after the charge and don't fall over to a stiff breeze.

bork da basher
28-10-2008, 06:58
i agree to make this work go all mounted, the chaos warriors will be left behind with no support and are simply slow enough to avoid or outflank. archaon is a huge amount of points and you need to hit with him hard and break through on the charge or your army is toast. loads of knights, dragon ogres and horsemen with hounds and it'll be far more effective.

personnally if your gonna spend the points on archaon id much rather take a tooled up lord on a dragon who will do far better for roughly the same points.

akgaroth
28-10-2008, 12:28
i agree to make this work go all mounted, the chaos warriors will be left behind with no support and are simply slow enough to avoid or outflank. archaon is a huge amount of points and you need to hit with him hard and break through on the charge or your army is toast. loads of knights, dragon ogres and horsemen with hounds and it'll be far more effective.

personnally if your gonna spend the points on archaon id much rather take a tooled up lord on a dragon who will do far better for roughly the same points.

Archaon beats in every aspect any chaos lord on dragon you can immagine.

But i agree with the rest of your suggestions. I would only add to quit from your horsemens the FC, they really don't need it. You can also deploy you horsemens in units of 6, but units 5 are ok too.