PDA

View Full Version : Black Reach Warboss seeks bike. Must be big, loads of dakka, GSOH.

Sholto
28-10-2008, 00:56
I wanted a warboss on a bike, but the only warboss I had was the huge guy from AoBR. None of the normal bikes were remotely large enough - they looked like scooters next to the big lad from Black Reach. So, I made this.

It is built with warbike and trukk parts. The gretchin from the nob warbike has been remodelled to be steering the bike, since the warboss wants to leave his hands free for shootin' at da beakies. The front forks are pinned for strength.

The warboss was already primed black when I chopped his legs off, which is why he is, well, black. He is not glued in yet, for ease of painting.

What do you think? Not enough dakka? :)

Sholto

redstarone
28-10-2008, 01:14
Kick ass work man! When I read that the grot was steerin' so da boss could shoot, I thought to myself I wonder how that would work.

Your pics proved you pulled it off, pro style! And best of all, Im sure your amazing painting skills will make this guy a true masterpeice.

:chrome:

Azriel45
28-10-2008, 02:35
that is the most ridiculous and orky thing i've seen this week. Very nice work.

Warforger
28-10-2008, 02:56
Meh I think you should have taken the shoota arm and made it look like he was controlling the bike, something about it makes think he doesen't fit in.

Sholto
28-10-2008, 09:44
Thanks for all the comments :)

Meh I think you should have taken the shoota arm and made it look like he was controlling the bike, something about it makes think he doesen't fit in. The original idea was to have the grot steering the bike, so it wouldn't look right to have the warboss steering as well. Unless it was a diorama about a warboss struggling with his grot for control of the bike. Not much of a struggle, really. I take your point though - he is just plonked down on the bike, but I am not sure what I could do about that in the context. Any suggestions gratefully received, since I have another AoBR warboss I could convert.

Sholto

xedric
28-10-2008, 09:51
The bike is really sweet. Id love to know what bits youve used! It all fits together so well.

But. Nobody steering bugs me too. And the connection between legs and torso needs work.

Sholto
28-10-2008, 11:17
The bike is really sweet. Id love to know what bits youve used! It all fits together so well.

But. Nobody steering bugs me too. And the connection between legs and torso needs work. Take a closer look - the grot is steering :)

There is no connection between legs and torso at the moment - he is just balanced on there! WIP.

I took the basic bike (see pic), discarded the parts crossed out, and made the cuts shown in thick red lines. This let me take the handlebar section and move it up and forward. I filled the gap between bike and handlebar section with two of the warbike weapon mounts glued back to back, and then used plasticard to fill out the 'bike' shape. Putting the front wheel guard under the handlebar section also helped refine the bike's shape (see pic).

I cut the existing forks off, keeping the disc brake assembly for later. I replaced the forks with plasticard hollow rod. This let me stretch out the forks. I pinned them to the existing brake disc assembly, and then pinned that assembly to a trukk wheel. The front wheel should take any bumps that comes its way.

I also drilled a 3.5mm hole through the rear wheel and put a plastic rod through there for the rear axle (Plastruct is not cheap, but it is fantastic). The trukk wheels were simply glued on. The rear end was finished off with plenty of exhausts and an ammo canister.

The guns are mounted out from the bike body. On one side I used the remaining warbike weapon mount (you get 3 in the Battleforce) and on the other I used some rectangular plastic rod, dressed up with spikes and other details.

See the pics for more :)

Sholto