PDA

View Full Version : 1000 points lizardmen List

Vlad_D
28-10-2008, 09:26
i would just like to know what people thought of this list and wether there were any options or variations you could suggest...

Saurus Scar-Veteran(85)
Maiming Shield(30)
Sword of Might(20)
Blessed Spawning of Quetzl(15)
Blessed Spawning of Tepok(20)
Light Armour(2)
Total: (172)

Skink Priest (65)
Level 2 Wizard(35)
Diadem of Power(35)
Total: (135)
Heroes Points = 307

Core:
Saurus Warriors (19) (228)
Full Command(30)
Total: (258)

Skink Skirmishers (10) (60)
Scout(10)
Total: (70)

Special
Kroxigor (4) (232)

Rare
Salamander Hunting Packs (2) (130)

Total Points = 997

Edit: PS, I have been losing with this list quite a lot lately, so any help is welcome

Ixeon
28-10-2008, 12:45
Saurus Scar-Veteran(85)
Maiming Shield(30)
Sword of Might(20)
Blessed Spawning of Quetzl(15)
Blessed Spawning of Tepok(20)
Light Armour(2)
Total: (172)

Skink Priest (65)
Level 2 Wizard(35)
Diadem of Power(35)
Total: (135)
Heroes Points = 307

This could be one of the problems you got, you have heroes for 479pts in a 1000pts battle, thatīs 50% of the army. You are not like TK and Brettonia that have to take 2 heroes always, so i say if you like magic go for the skink, you like a brutal fighter take the sarus.

Core:
Saurus Warriors (19) (228)
Full Command(30)
Total: (258)

IMO you donīt need 19, i think 14-16 is enough.

Special
Kroxigor (4) (232)

Rare
Salamander Hunting Packs (2) (130)

Drop 1 kroxigor
I have never used Salamander hunting packs, but if they work for you thatīs good, but i rather belive in 2 units of skinks with poison.

and if you do drop 1 hero, 1 kroxigor and 1-2 sarus warriors, i belive you could take a Stegadon instead, or more skinks, that will work better in this small game i belive.

nasty_little_hobbit
28-10-2008, 14:29
I personally would drop the skink Priest and replace it with a JSOD =]
Remove two saurus, a kroxigor and the maiming shield( normal shield instead) and with the points you would have enough for two units of 9 skinks. They are very useful and with 3 skink units youd have enough to sacrafice a unit or two.
By the way which opponents do you usually play against?

Jolon
28-10-2008, 17:28
Seconded, two decked-out heroes is one too many, and the saurus is a bit too beefy. 12-16 saurus should be all you need, and if you drop a kroxigor also, suddenly you can get another block of saurus (Never a popular choice, but I like it..) or some more skink skirmishers.

Also, your magic defense seems a bit excessive at 1000 pts. In my experience a solitary Lv2 will have trouble getting past your initial two die..

coldblooded
28-10-2008, 19:25
mhh i agree wit the above post only take 1 hero. i would go for jsod wit a great weapon he will be a great addition to ur force. 20 nsaurus is prob a lil to many ethier go a unit of 15 or 18 max. try and find enough points for 3 salamander packs as they r very useful for taken out fast cav and t3 troops they will destroy in the shooting phase and also provide a nice flank charge when needed as i always keep em on a flank wit jsod nearby incase of terror. i would leave the kroxigors at 4 they r much more effective at that size. and another unit of skinks would be handy. i hope that helped happy gaming

Vlad_D
28-10-2008, 21:44
Heroes Points = 307
This could be one of the problems you got, you have heroes for 479pts in a 1000pts battle, thatīs 50% of the army. You are not like TK and Brettonia that have to take 2 heroes always, so i say if you like magic go for the skink, you like a brutal fighter take the sarus.

It is Only 307 points of heroes, but i get what you are saying, the kitted out Skink priest is because my regular (and i mean every weekend regular player) is High Elves.

and i find my two heroes are generaly the two things that don't die......

By the way which opponents do you usually play against?

High Elves with a smatering of dwarves

Drop 1 kroxigor
I have never used Salamander hunting packs, but if they work for you thatīs good, but i rather belive in 2 units of skinks with poison.

4 kroxigor Means i can never be below 25% and 12 strength 7 attacks on the charge is pretty good.

IMO you donīt need 19, i think 14-16 is enough.

Fair enogh i will try this next game

Also, your magic defense seems a bit excessive at 1000 pts. In my experience a solitary Lv2 will have trouble getting past your initial two die..

one word (maybe two) HIGH ELVES........

Anyway my mate likes to take a lvl2 mage with 3 spells and the banner that gives +D3 power

any way i got to go