Thorgrim

Thane BSB with Master Rune of Stromni Redbeard

Master Engineer with pistol, greatweapon, and Rune of Shielding

Core

15 Warriors w/shields and full command

15 Longbeards w/shields and full command

10 Thunderers

Special

17 Hammerers with full command (Thorgrim and BSB here)

15 Ironbreaker with full command

Grudge Thrower, rune of penetrating (master Engineer here)

Cannon

Browsing trhough the Dwarf book and was thought it'd be fun to make a fluffy Thorgrim list, but still viable at 2250pts.

Thoughts?

bork da basher
28-10-2008, 11:47
personnally i dont think thorgrim lists can work below 3000pts, he's too expensive and far too easy to just avoid. consequently because of his vast expense your units are suffering, none of them are at what id consider full strength, they are nigh unbreakle with thorgrim but once you begin to take casualties you wont be winning combats because your CR will suck.

id leave him at home or use him in 3k+ battles.

lcfr
28-10-2008, 17:18
I wouldn't advise Thorgrim at all either, for the same reasons as the previous poster. However, if you're bent on taking him at 2250 then drop the master engineer and sprinkle his points over your units; also, without any runesmiths at this points level you should consider leaving your bsb in lieu of one or giving him the MRValaya if you really want to take him. An Organ Gun would really help too, maybe drop your GT and try and take one. Having Thorgrim in the mix is going to make it really difficult to have decent sized units and good artillery/missile support, though.

Tizz
28-10-2008, 18:55
I realize he's a huge point sink for a 2250 list, but thats not the point. This doesnt need to be a super competitive list, just something fun and fluffy!

Going off of that, what else could be added/taken away to make it as fluffy as possible?

Heckus
28-10-2008, 19:34
Another idea would be to fore go shooting altogether and make it an all CC army (the antithesis to the dwarf gun line). Drop the engineer, thunderers, and both war machines to get more CC units out there.

Make the Ironbreakers into another regular Warrior unit and maybe get 10 slayers on each flank. Make sure you have lots of shields and just be a slowly-advancing wall of grudginess (it's a word, look it up ...in the dwarf dictionary).

4 Large units (17-25 each: 2x Warrior Units , 1x Longbeard Unit , & 1X Hammerer Unit) around a powerful character and a BSB with small units of unbreakable flank defenders might just hold out and in very dwarf-fluffy style. Just don't expect any fighting until about turn 3...

You've just got to stubbornly press onward. It's the dwarfy way.

Tizz
28-10-2008, 19:36
Heckus you are genious! Your post even made me laugh at how grudgy it was. I'm writing up a new list now, though I admit, if i have the points I'm going to include a Grudge Thrower...I mean c'mon, it just fits.

Fall from grace
21-05-2009, 22:32
Just keep marching lads, we'll get there...............eventually.