PDA

View Full Version : Character status after joined unit destroyed:

teos40k
28-10-2008, 10:06
Here is the odd situation...
A friend of mine was charging my group of knights and the general joined the unit since deployment. The situation goes like this: After I wiped a group of his unit and overran, then exposed my flank to his other units, I declared fleeing when the skellies charged me. However when I was fleeing, he managed to use range attacks to wipe the general's knight unit out(except the general.) Does the general allow to rally in the subsquent turn? Does his character status revert back to independant character the moment the unit was destroyed? Thanks

Condottiere
28-10-2008, 10:11
Yes - the unit no longer exists. It would have been better for your opponent to reduce the unit's model numbers to below 25% of the original figure and make it nearly impossible to rally.

Atrahasis
28-10-2008, 10:11
The character can always rally if he is alone.

The unit stops existing when it is wiped out, so it cannot prevent him from doing so.

narrativium
28-10-2008, 10:57
If the unit dies around him, he counts as if the unit had left him (e.g. for spells in play on the unit, so he continues to benefit from them) - and as far as I know, an enemy unit in combat with his unit, which he himself hadn't engaged, doesn't count as still in combat with him if Break tests are passed.