PDA

View Full Version : Forrest Dragons and their pointy eared accessory

IntenseYen
28-10-2008, 12:37
My 2000 point list is about to ditch the treeman to make room for this nifty new dragon I just picked up. Unfortunately I am having a hard time deciding how to deck out the Highborn (or maybe spellweaver?) sitting on top of him.

How do you other wood elf generals out there arm your dragon riding lords?

Dragon Prince of Caledor
28-10-2008, 15:36
can a spellweaver ride a dragon? I thought only coneheads could have a spell caster on a dragon. I suppose it depends on whether or not you want to fight with it or harass flanks/ terror/ shoot/ take out smaller units. Out of curiousity which dragon kit did u buy the wood elf one or the high elf one?

xacatecas
28-10-2008, 16:28
watch out for the lord, majorly the weak link in the chain. t3 and only light Armour means that basic archers can easily kill him. anything the boost his survivability is a must imo

otherwise, setup will depend on play style, its a great unit to terrorise low ld armies,slow them down while shooting, or great to support combats - its big enough to deny rank bonuses, so depends wat else you have

BigbyWolf
30-10-2008, 17:28
When I've fielded the dragon I tend to take Sword of Might, Oaken Armour (for regenerate) and Stone of Rebirth (for 2+ward when down to 1 wound...but I dont always take this one...)

sulla
30-10-2008, 21:56
Rhymer's harp and the helm of the hunt as well as light armour and a spear. Just lurk him in forests to protect him from enemy shooting (-1 and blocks most LoS) and fly him out for nasty surprises.

theunwantedbeing
30-10-2008, 22:15
The spellweaver cant ride a dragon sadly.

As for a setup for the thing...
Wraithstone tends to be rather good fun, throw in the muster of malovelents and the helm of the hunt. Sheild, spear, light armour.
Pretty decent combat machine.