PDA

View Full Version : Most valuable Games Workshop miniature

th7dude
28-10-2008, 16:15
As of today which figure would you say has increased in value the most? I'm talkign here of the figures that everbody wants and due to demand and being long out of production the second hand value has gone way above their true cost. Is it metal Squat figures? A particular terminator? Any ideas?

x-esiv-4c
28-10-2008, 16:16
The Chaos lavatory.

xeolx
28-10-2008, 16:41
I would say that Malekith on foot figure that they never put into production is pretty high up there. There may be some older figures, though, that are worth a lot more.

Lord Damocles
28-10-2008, 17:02
Sergeant Centurius always seems to sell well.

Or perhaps the iwojima (sp?) diarama?

dancingmonkey
28-10-2008, 17:18
How about the Imperator variant for Epic, the Warmonger... Got me one of them :)

The Manager only Ogre character with all the zombies hanging off him must go for a bit..

th7dude
28-10-2008, 17:19
Was the Warmonger metal or plastic?

dancingmonkey
28-10-2008, 17:22
Plastic/metal hybrid (the joy).
Mine is lead too which makes it even rarer as it only came out after the white metal transition... :evilgrin:

Lord Malorne
28-10-2008, 17:32
Warriors of chaos LE BSB...I only see them sell for round 50!

Considering it is almost a free model.

Hena
28-10-2008, 17:56
I'd say that very old Epic dropship is very close to top. I've seen couple of those, one went for 94 another 202$. For pic, go below

http://collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/index.php/Image:Limited_Release_-_Epic_Imperial_Drop_Ship.jpg

Phoenix Blaze
28-10-2008, 18:58
I wonder how much the old metal Thunderhawk goes for nowdays. Especially if it's in its original wooden box. Wasn't there only like a few thousand of those things made?

I think it's the limited edition models that go for the most. Things like Archaon, Valten and Malus Darkblade on foot.

th7dude
28-10-2008, 19:07
Never seen that one before

Lord Malorne
28-10-2008, 19:11
Never seen which one?

LE SM stuff does well...obviously ;).

Phoenix Blaze
28-10-2008, 19:36
Never seen what one?

In a kind of opposite idea, I wonder which Lt. Edition models do rather poorly.

Oh, about ones that may go for a bit more, Inquisitor Lorr. Just looked on eBay for him, but it's not a very good indication. Some people have "Buy it Now" for 40 or 20, and one with three bids is at about 10. But, if he did sell for 20, that's pretty darn good seeing as he was 7 at retail.

de Selby
28-10-2008, 19:43
The Manager only Ogre character with all the zombies hanging off him must go for a bit..

I've never even heard of this guy. A model for the necromantic ogre slaver from the army book? Got a pic?

dancingmonkey
28-10-2008, 20:01
I've never even heard of this guy. A model for the necromantic ogre slaver from the army book? Got a pic?

Sadly not, but I'm sure there are pics out there.
Was a ogre (no really) with some chains flying off him and a couple of zombie esque characters, similar to the mordenheim ones. I only saw it once when my boss got it (back in my GW days). UK managers all got one at a conf so I doubt many are avaialable.

Once upon a time the staffer models (Chaos Knight/Slayer Diorama/Wood Elf) fetched a good price, but the last one I saw sell wasn't all that.. pity really as I wouldn't object to clearing mine for the right price...

parus_ater
28-10-2008, 20:14
Never seen what one?

In a kind of opposite idea, I wonder which Lt. Edition models do rather poorly.

Oh, about ones that may go for a bit more, Inquisitor Lorr. Just looked on eBay for him, but it's not a very good indication. Some people have "Buy it Now" for 40 or 20, and one with three bids is at about 10. But, if he did sell for 20, that's pretty darn good seeing as he was 7 at retail.

Indeed, I bidded one out on ebay for sale on Saturday, nearly 17 I got for it. Which is good going since I got a stack of the things from my local indy last summer. Still got some left..... Sorry but it my pension!:angel:

th7dude
28-10-2008, 20:21
The Warmonger

Art Is Resistance
28-10-2008, 21:09
I've got the ltd edition Thunderhawk... It didn't even come with instructions...!

It's packed away, never to see the light of day (or the battlefield).

Several of the RT era Harlequins are desired - there's a great Harlequin I'd give my right arm for.

The early Terminators are pretty rare as well - not many around.

Jo Bennett
28-10-2008, 21:50
The Iwo Jima diorama doesn't do that well, I've been trying to shift one for a while and haven't been able to get a good price for it.

2nd ed squat models are pretty rare, and can command some quite high prices.

ToXin
28-10-2008, 22:00
One of the old Citadel Dragons (can't remember which exactly atm) sold on e-bay last year for over 2000...

Also, from memory, there were only 11 metal Thundehawks in 40k scale cast before the moulds were destroyed. Speculating on what someone would pay for one in raw condition doesn't bear thinking about. :)

Brimstone
28-10-2008, 22:14

You can see a picture of Braugh Slavelord here. (http://www.solegends.com/citle/citle2000/staff/staffManagers2004Ogre.htm)

It was going for stupid money but prices have gone down.

It's actually quite useful on the battlefield starting with a unit of slaves and being able to purchase unlimited extra models for 2 points a piece.

EmperorNorton
28-10-2008, 22:19
While certainly not the most valuable mini, I have been wondering about the amounts Grumlok & Gazbag are going for.
Sure, they only came with the Limited Edition of WAR, but that was limited to 100000 or so, which I don't think is very limited at all.

Ward.
28-10-2008, 23:04
While not going for as much as some models on here I think the mounted daemonettes have been going for some pretty obscene prices lately.

Shamfrit
28-10-2008, 23:39
I understood the Thunderhawk for 40k to have been produced at 500 models?

I've been lucky enough to touch one, and see one painted, but that was almost a decade ago -

scarletsquig
29-10-2008, 00:29
One of the old Citadel Dragons (can't remember which exactly atm) sold on e-bay last year for over 2000...

Possibly the 2 foot long, all-metal "chicken dragon"?

http://www.solegends.com/citboxes/citmpdragon.htm

Limited casting, freaking huge. I can't see any of the others being worth 2 grand.

orks2134
29-10-2008, 00:37
I recently saw a mint in the box original Citadel Giant, by the Perry twins, circa 1980s, go for about $1000. Nice.

Holothuria
29-10-2008, 02:46
You can see a picture of Braugh Slavelord here. (http://www.solegends.com/citle/citle2000/staff/staffManagers2004Ogre.htm)

It's actually quite useful on the battlefield starting with a unit of slaves and being able to purchase unlimited extra models for 2 points a piece.

I don't know if this one will sell for the listed price, but I saw one go for over $400 a couple of months ago.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Warhammer-Limited-Edition-Braugh-Ogre-Slavelord-MINT_W0QQitemZ290270295486QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item 290270295486&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A3|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A13 18

spaint2k
29-10-2008, 02:57
Could you imagine opening that and finding the entire thing had succumbed to lead rot? Or was missing pieces (try getting those missing pieces from mail order).

Steve

Ghudra
29-10-2008, 03:19
Outside of LE, unreleased, & other "special" miniatures, there are several models from what was the regular range that stand out. The classic Land Raiders, Nurgle Palanquins, & Space Slann all seem to do well.

orks2134
29-10-2008, 03:55
Huh. Gave away a Nurgle Palanquin a couple of years ago. Had no use for the thing. Not a really nice model anyway, in my opinion. Maybe should have ebay'd it.

sigur
29-10-2008, 04:12
I guess that compared to the original price it (would have) costed, Malekith on Foot as well as the unreleased 2nd edition Squats are good competitors in this one.

@orks2134: Uhm...yeah, might be. I'm just not too sure if Ebay US is a good place to measure such things. There's weird stuff going on there. :)

Gaebriel
29-10-2008, 04:23
I understood the Thunderhawk for 40k to have been produced at 500 models? ...
500 yes, and each one came with a numbered certificate.

We had someone trying to sell one he nicked from the assets of a person that died, but the local store owner recognized the number and had it returned to the heirs... (that was in the pre-internet days...)

snurl
29-10-2008, 04:57
My picks for top 3 most valuable:
1. Unreleased female winged vampire from 6th edition
2. Unreleased plastic Dwarf hero and standard bearer sprue
3. Dwarf on skis.

Kroot Lord
29-10-2008, 06:38
The never released Nurgle Terminator. Sold for 300 dollars on eBay!

75hastings69
29-10-2008, 08:07
Also, from memory, there were only 11 metal Thundehawks in 40k scale cast before the moulds were destroyed. Speculating on what someone would pay for one in raw condition doesn't bear thinking about. :)

Nonsense, I have owned 3 myself, and I know people in the states that had several. They sold quite a few definately in the hundreds at least. I sold one on ebay a few months ago for 250, that was without the box and already assembled and painted. You can look to pick up a mint in box metal thunderhawk for around 800. A single figure of Malekith the DE Witch King on Foot can fetch over that on a good day, I have seen Malekith sell for over 900, I sold one for 600 last year.

The Braugh Slavelord (Ogre Slaver) was cast in a limited run of 280 each with a numbered certificate and most were given to the store managers in 2006 as a gift. They were not allowed to sell said model, but I myself owned 3 and a friend of mine in germany owned 5. They initially sold for around 300 each, but you can pick them up on ebay now for around 60 - 100.

There are loads of very rare and unreleased minis that are worth a fortune, things like Valten on Foot, Malus on Foot etc. that have been mentioned earlier were waaaaay to widly available to be worth anything more than around 30.

Jedi152
29-10-2008, 08:37
Apart from having plenty of cash and eBay, how does one go about getting so many ltd. models Hastings?

Sleazy
29-10-2008, 08:57
I've got the ltd edition Thunderhawk... It didn't even come with instructions...!

It's packed away, never to see the light of day (or the battlefield).

Several of the RT era Harlequins are desired - there's a great Harlequin I'd give my right arm for.

The early Terminators are pretty rare as well - not many around.

which harlie is that? I think I have most of them.

blongbling
29-10-2008, 09:00
there were 2000 of the old metal thunderhawks made

OLIVERASO
29-10-2008, 09:19
The Braugh Slavelord (Ogre Slaver) was cast in a limited run of 280

castings of 300 ;)

Count Zero
29-10-2008, 09:35
wasnt ther some really limited relases for Lotr or something?

OLIVERASO
29-10-2008, 09:56
LOTR : Who cares ? No one !

They was some limited release edition, like the balrog with metal wings, box "old friends meet again" but they not went for huge price. Theire is not of colelctor of LOTR stuff.
And there is also unreleased balrog in clear resin, and an unreleased king of the dead in clear resin too.
And an peter jackson hobbit :D

Jedi152
29-10-2008, 09:57
Nothing majorly limited i don't think. The rarest thing for LOTR is probably the Peter Jackson hobbit they sculpted.

There are 2 of them. Peter has one, and the other was in the cabinets at Warhammer World.

Count Zero
29-10-2008, 10:04
so that hobbit is probably worth a fair bit then :)

parus_ater
29-10-2008, 10:19
The Gimli on Uruk was a limited Ed but it's now reproduced in the collectors range.

IJW
29-10-2008, 10:21
which harlie is that? I think I have most of them.
Presumably 'High Avatar 1 (http://solegends.com/citcat911/c2096eldarharlequins-h.htm)' which was on sale for a year or so, then disappeared again, and then was on sale again for a few years. You occasionally see them on eBay, but mine's going nowhere near it.

ankara halla
29-10-2008, 10:34
so that hobbit is probably worth a fair bit then :)

As with all miniatures, it's only worth as much as anybody is willing to pay for it (sentimental value aside).

Personally, I can't see anyone paying four number figures for a hobbit mini, but then again, I don't understand why anybody would pay such figures for any single miniature.

Yet people do, so what do I know... .. .

Jonke
29-10-2008, 10:49
I've heard of some un-released topless witch elves being popular and fetching a nice price...

Darnok
29-10-2008, 11:06
I do own a metal 3:1 scale Chaos cruiser from BFG, which was given away as a price from GW Germany years ago. There were five people winning one each, and I do not know wether there was anything like this in other countries. I would never sell it, and I think it won't even bring much money, as almost nobody even knows it. But for a pure collector... who knows?

OLIVERASO
29-10-2008, 11:11
I've heard of some un-released topless witch elves being popular and fetching a nice price...

It depends.
The one with only one dagger is the more popular and usually went for 80-100 $ .
The two other are more rarer, and can went to 80-100 .

There are 2 of them.

Appanrelty same number of castings for the unreleased clear resin King of the dead minis =) .

th7dude
29-10-2008, 11:29
I do own a metal 3:1 scale Chaos cruiser from BFG, which was given away as a price from GW Germany years ago. There were five people winning one each, and I do not know wether there was anything like this in other countries. I would never sell it, and I think it won't even bring much money, as almost nobody even knows it. But for a pure collector... who knows?

Do you have any pics of this cruiser? I would love to see it.

EmperorNorton
29-10-2008, 11:30
I do own a metal 3:1 scale Chaos cruiser from BFG,
Where/how do you store that?

Fixer
29-10-2008, 11:32
I do own a metal 3:1 scale Chaos cruiser from BFG,

Considering that Cruisers are 3km long, that's still a 1km long piece of white metal :)

Impressive!

Jedi152
29-10-2008, 11:36
There's a picture of a 3-up Chaos cruiser in the Battlefleet Gothic rulebook. That might be it.

As with all miniatures, it's only worth as much as anybody is willing to pay for it (sentimental value aside).

Personally, I can't see anyone paying four number figures for a hobbit mini, but then again, I don't understand why anybody would pay such figures for any single miniature.

Yet people do, so what do I know... .. .
Yes, pricing collectors mini's is very difficult indeed. They are only worth what someone is willing to pay. If you have someone who doesn't know they're rare, they're next to worthless. I personally don't see the value - they end up in your army just the same as every other model. To me they're only worth it for a few occasional 'wow' moments from other gamers.

Stuff like the Peter Jackson Hobbit is odd to price too, since you can't have much enjoyment from it. If you somehow managed to steal one of the two, the second it appears on the open market people will know it's stolen. You can't use it in any games since people will know where it's from, which means you're left with it in your box gathering dust, taking it out every now and again to look at.

I have some limited edition stuff, but i sold off a few pieces. I finally sold my much prized German Tzeentch Sorceror on disc because i had no use for it. It was sat in it's box gathering dust, which i finally realised is useless to me.

Harry
29-10-2008, 11:49
You can't use it ...which means you're left with it ... gathering dust, taking it out every now and again to look at.
Yeeessss my precious. :D

Darnok
29-10-2008, 12:10

Considering that Cruisers are 3km long, that's still a 1km long piece of white metal :)

It is just the normal Chaos cruiser, but three times larger than the plastic one. ;)

For a picture (despite the fact that it looks just like a bigger version of the ordinary cruiser), see the BFG rulebook, page 51.

de Selby
29-10-2008, 12:12

Faskinating. Thanks Brim and Hastings for the info. I checked SoLegends but didn't know what I was looking for.

I've seen High Avatar 1 go for not-that-much on ebay when not labelled as such. I think there are quite a few around.

That dragon is very impressive, particularly for its time. I'd love to see GW do something like that in plastic, Apocalypse-style.

burtnernie
29-10-2008, 12:30
OMG

I am quite gutted.

I got the Mallus on foot model. As part of the give away at GW. I gave to a mate.

I had the Planquin of Nurgle I gave it to a mate

I had Valten on foot.... guess who has that... yep a mate...

I had Centurius, in the blister... I traded that one for alot of stuff, not enough it would seem though.

I have some other bits that are rare, 2 or 3 squats, some 1987 chaos dwarves... and my mate was just given a whole old metal skaven army...

Gutted :cries::cries::cries:

parus_ater
29-10-2008, 12:32
OMG

I am quite gutted.

I got the Mallus on foot model. As part of the give away at GW. I gave to a mate.

I had the Planquin of Nurgle I gave it to a mate

I had Valten on foot.... guess who has that... yep a mate...

I had Centurius, in the blister... I traded that one for alot of stuff, not enough it would seem though.

I have some other bits that are rare, 2 or 3 squats, some 1987 chaos dwarves... and my mate was just given a whole old metal skaven army...

Gutted :cries::cries::cries:

Can I be your fwiend?:angel:

JackBurton01
29-10-2008, 12:56
My friend has every lmtd edition model, released and unreleased (including everything named so far) and all the black library diorama models. The only one that ticked him off was buying the Kroot bird minature. The dioramas and the box army minatures seem to go for the highest, other than unreleased models.

Harry
29-10-2008, 13:01
My friend has every lmtd edition model, released and unreleased (including everything named so far) ....
I am not sure that can be correct.
There are rather a lot of unreleased minis.

OLIVERASO
29-10-2008, 13:05

And some of them are unique - like an unreleased miniatures that has been converted by the sculptor but never re-casted... :D

75hastings69
29-10-2008, 13:09
And there is also unreleased balrog in clear resin....

I know ;)

My friend has every lmtd edition model, released and unreleased (including everything named so far) and all the black library diorama models. The only one that ticked him off was buying the Kroot bird minature. The dioramas and the box army minatures seem to go for the highest, other than unreleased models.

I am guessing his and your knowledge of ltd and unreleased minis is pretty limited, I think I have spent in the region of 8k over the years on ltd and unreleased minis and I at the peak of my collecting of such minis wouldn't claim to have even 10% of the catelogue of unreleased minis. Does he have the unreleased Tzeentch spawn? the bathtime cauldron of blood? the clear resin balrog? The unreleased Savage orcs? the arabian wizard? the tilean mercenary? the resin Azhag the Slaughterer? the undead viking? I could go on and on, and Oliveraso could add even more to the list!

Emperors Teeth
29-10-2008, 14:24
Although not a winner, I'd still back Braugh Slavelord. Was gutted I couldn't convince my old manager to sell/give his to me :(. I had an Ogre army an' all!

Here's a couple on ebay right now!

France weirdly considering it's in England I think... BiN for 600 (http://cgi.ebay.fr/Limited-Edition-Rare-Ogre-Slaver-Braugh-Slavelord-2004_W0QQitemZ380012349631QQihZ025QQcategoryZ10661 2QQcmdZViewItem]ebay)

A bit more reasonable. Braugh swam to the US this time at $600 BiN (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Warhammer-Limited-Edition-Braugh-Ogre-Slavelord-MINT_W0QQitemZ290270295486QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item 290270295486&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177)

75hastings69
29-10-2008, 14:57
You didn't miss anything Emperors Teeth, it was a dreadful sculpt (as were the 54mm xmas pressie sculpts - chaos knight, troll vs slayer, wood elf). Not worth anywhere near 600, the last couple on ebay have gone for between 60 and 100.

burtnernie
29-10-2008, 15:25
I have the chaos knight and the wood elf that were staff presents :D

The second was actually given to me by a mate!

burtnernie
29-10-2008, 15:31
I have the chaos knight and the wood elf that were staff presents :D

The second was actually given to me by a mate!

Hastings, is that the new sculpt of Azhag per chance?

Harry
29-10-2008, 15:45
He hasn't got one.
He was just listing Azhag as an example of one of the unreleased minis that are all but impossible to get your hands on.

I don't think those managers specials were 'dreadful'. That's a bit harsh. :D
I have seen all of them (Elf Chaos Knight and Slayer and Troll) go for as little as 30

Malekith is certainly the singel mini I have seen go for the most silly prices ... as hastings says 600 or more for a singel 28mm figure.

Aside from unreleased stuff I once saw a vintage mini Mickael jackson (a skeleton) from 'The Return of the lichemaster' first edition scenario go for just over 100 pounds. Not bad considering he would have originally cost 40p

The Dwarf Juggernaught always makes good money. (around about 100)

The Spined Dragon goes for 60 or more.

I have never seen The Perrys Imperial Dragon or Giant for sale .... or I would probably have bought them.

OLIVERASO
29-10-2008, 16:36
He was just listing Azhag as an example of one of the unreleased minis that are all but impossible to get your hands on.

Impossible ?
Aha :D

Resin stuff are just more rare.
Like female inquisitor with high heels ... or an unreleased resin acolyte with flamer nor shown on the wiki ... =) ( and that will came in my colelction in the beginning of the month... Yahaaa :angel: )
More rare, so.... but not impossible to find ;)

I have never seen The Perrys Imperial Dragon or Giant for sale .... or I would probably have bought them.

the giant went complete in box for 1000 $ :=)

Hastings, I will email you later with pics of those miniatures :D

Harry
29-10-2008, 16:44
"All but impossible" = Nearly impossible not impossible. :D

Obviously it depends who your mates are.

If you have the Azhag and the Wyvern you are a very lucky chap indeed as there were not very many of those cast.
I assume you have just Azhag? (Not the Wyvern).

Ghod
29-10-2008, 16:45
Wow the Malekith on foot going for 600 is mental...

the only models I have that I would consider rare (allthough nothing compared to some of the stuff in this thread) are the nurgle sorcerer, a bunch of chaos dwarfs along with astragoth and a mint condition rulebook and a fair few praetorians... so not the biggest or rarest haul.

That dragon though is great, for such an old old model it still looks the business

th7dude
29-10-2008, 17:50
Wow, thats some crazy prices! What is the most valuable 'common' figure then? As in one that wa sin general production but is no longer available and sought after. I'm coming across all kinds of figures I'd never even heard of!

My capitol imperialis went for a good chunk of money a few years ago, nothing like those prices though!

75hastings69
29-10-2008, 19:33
Impossible ?
Aha :D

I agree, not totally impossible, just very, very difficult.

Hastings, I will email you later with pics of those miniatures :D

No need to send pics, it wasn't me that asked for them, Harry was saying he hadn't seen them for SALE.... not that he hadn't seen them.

Wow the Malekith on foot going for 600 is mental...

FROM 600 that is what I sold mine for, on ebay I saw one go for 900.

I don't think those managers specials were 'dreadful'. That's a bit harsh. :D
I have seen all of them (Elf Chaos Knight and Slayer and Troll) go for as little as 30

Only the Braugh was a managers special, the 54mm minis were xmas pressies for all the GW staff and as such are worth significantly less as there are quite alot of them.

t-tauri
29-10-2008, 20:09
The 54mm have also become more common as staff left GW and could sell without breaking their contracts. Also as most of the collectors now have them the pool of people willing to pay lots of cash for them has dropped. Supply up and demand down lowers the price.

Ghod
29-10-2008, 20:55
FROM 600 that is what I sold mine for, on ebay I saw one go for 900.

:eek: 900 quid for a single 28mm mini... So how many are there total then?

burtnernie
29-10-2008, 21:59

I know of someone who has the Imperial Dragon... prolly one of the best dragons I have ever seen...

OLIVERASO
29-10-2008, 22:28
"All but impossible" = Nearly impossible not impossible.

Sorry my english isn't perfect ;)

If you have the Azhag and the Wyvern you are a very lucky chap indeed as there were not very many of those cast.
I assume you have just Azhag? (Not the Wyvern).

I have some nice miniatures in my colelction... and I will not answer to that question :p

No need to send pics, it wasn't me that asked for them, Harry was saying he hadn't seen them for SALE.... not that he hadn't seen them.

Hi ;

I was speaking of the unreleased acolyte, female inquisitor and the clear resin king of the dead... not sure you have already see them =) ?

forthegloryofkazadekrund
29-10-2008, 22:43
chaos dwarf juggernaught, 300+

kris.sherriff
29-10-2008, 22:54
I would love to say that I have a good collection of stuff but I know that the majority of my stuff it the more easily available rare stuff.
I went through a phase where I would try to pick up one rare thing a month and I set myself a budget of 50 and found that if I was picky I could often get 2 or more for that price.
I still look around for the rare stuff but I try to trade with people on here for stuff now rather than e-bay.
The one thing that does bother me though is that I know that if I had the chance to get some of the stuff in this thread I would pay those prices and probably be happy with what I had got. There is a part of my brain that screams that that is just wrong.

That and I have a tendency to want to paint my rare stuff and when it is MiB I feel guilty. :rolleyes:

Kris

Emperors Teeth
29-10-2008, 23:15
You didn't miss anything Emperors Teeth, it was a dreadful sculpt (as were the 54mm xmas pressie sculpts - chaos knight, troll vs slayer, wood elf). Not worth anywhere near 600, the last couple on ebay have gone for between 60 and 100.

I liked the model personally. Would've used it as a Butcher. I have all 3 of the 54mm sculpts; the Chaos Knight and the Dwarf/Troll I got as gifts. I missed out on the Elf by a few months and finally picked it up on ebay a few days back for a 'mere' 36. I fancied playing an Inquisitor scale game set in the Warhammer World.

600 is definately absurd though. Unless some madman is willing to pay it... then to them at least, it isn't absurd. I'd probably pay up to 100 max if I could. And not till I've paid my loan off.

Halelel
29-10-2008, 23:21
Anyone know what the old resin/ceramic (not sure what they are made of honestly) models go for? I believe they were from Forgeworld way back in the day, my brother has them stored in his closet at home collecting dust.

He primarily has Eldar Vehicles, like a wave serpent, titan, and some other vehicles that use to not be available back than in metal or plastic.

They are official models as far I can remember, as we bought them when we were little kids at Warhammer events.

Emperors Teeth
29-10-2008, 23:26
If they are made of a weirdly sweet smelling cream/yellow resin they're likely Armorcast models. A US company that had a liscence to make some 40k scale titans/superheavies. I sold some for quite a good price over the last few years. Type Armorcast (NOT Armourcast) into ebay and see if you recognise anything.

TimLeeson
30-10-2008, 01:20
I own a Piscean Warrior which was part of the very first wave of 40k/Rogue Trader releases. I'd say that was pretty valuable :)

I second the Chaos Lavatory too (Iv always wanted one of those for my Fecal themed Nurgle marines).

Ironbreaker
30-10-2008, 01:56
I'm sure a few of these are worth something:
http://lostinthewarp.com/wordpress/2007/06/09/collection-obsession/
Possibly the most impressive is the original Jokaero model from the catalogue.

Apocalypse
30-10-2008, 03:33
$900 models are NOT a good investment... I mean, apart from the whole "$900 for a toy" thang, I've come across a couple of people- one in Brazil, and one in Russia- that cast copies of these figures, and I've gotta say that they are pretty damn good. Now I'm not saying they are identical, because the counterfeit actually looks better since they are new, and the russian in particular seems to have a superiour metal. If i didn't know better, I'd choose the cleaner looking one every time- and be totaly wrong.
Do you see where i'm going? with prices fetching handsome sums like that, counterfeiters can't resist.

USABOB
30-10-2008, 03:56
I have seen them on Ebay going between $150 and $200, not enough to warrant selling them in my opinion.

It is just the normal Chaos cruiser, but three times larger than the plastic one. ;)

For a picture (despite the fact that it looks just like a bigger version of the ordinary cruiser), see the BFG rulebook, page 51.
And just in case anyone still wants to see the size difference, I have a top down picture of mine beside a regular cruiser and Imperial Guard officer.

75hastings69
30-10-2008, 08:13
:eek: 900 quid for a single 28mm mini... So how many are there total then?

There were meant to be around 11, although I am pretty sure that there are a few recasts knocking around, the baby zoat is also very rare if you check the zoat wiki it gets a mention, but it seems to fetch very low prices on ebay when it turns up I sold one for 30!

By the way I have a couple of Chaos Lavatories if anyone is interested.

@ Oliveraso, I haven't seen the clear resin king of the dead so I should like to see a pic of that.

blongbling
30-10-2008, 08:57
ive been looking in my desk draw after this conversation.....got a couple of grand sitting in thee apparantly :)

daemonkin
30-10-2008, 10:13
I have a 54mm Chaos Knight that was a christmas present to staff circa 2003 that I have never been able to shift on Ebay. Each time I try GW closes the auction due to VeRo - apparently they own the model even though it was given as a present and I no longer work for the company. They have never asked for it back though.

Damn ugly model too. Here (http://www.solegends.com/citle/citle2000/staff/staffXmas2003ChaosKnight.htm)is a link.

D.

IJW
30-10-2008, 10:14
Sounds like Armorcast, not Forgeworld. Prices for them vary enormously, like they do for anything else.

OLIVERASO
30-10-2008, 10:40
I have seen them on Ebay going between $150 and $200, not enough to warrant selling them in my opinion.

If you can sell it at those prices, sell it.
The last one I see ( and I usually see around 5-6 each year ) unpainted, unglued, with all the parts, went for around 50 .

@ Hastings : I have emailed you some pics ;)

Darnok
30-10-2008, 11:29
And just in case anyone still wants to see the size difference, I have a top down picture of mine beside a regular cruiser and Imperial Guard officer.

May I ask where you got yours from? I'm interested in the "history" of this specific model - how much were cast, how much are available, etc.

And indeed I would not sell it for $200. But I wouldn't sell it at all, so this doesn't say anything...

USABOB
30-10-2008, 11:57
May I ask where you got yours from? I'm interested in the "history" of this specific model - how much were cast, how much are available, etc.

And indeed I would not sell it for $200. But I wouldn't sell it at all, so this doesn't say anything...

I got mine 3 or 4 years ago from an ebay auction (forget what I paid, but it was $100+) it was listed as a Rare BFG promotional model, the description stated it was from a store that sold GW stuff and that less than 3000 were produced (don't know if that is true or an attempt by the seller trying to drive up the price). That's pretty much all that I remember from the description.

I have a very large BFG collection (or so I'm told:)) spanning 217 ships and over 33000 points, I had to have one in my collection and don't think I could part with mine also, I'd actually like another one :).

blindingdark
30-10-2008, 14:28
wow, sorry just never knew there was a malekith on foot ! ive never seen it anywhere and cant find a picture on the net, does anyone know where i can find a pic ? i would love to see it even i i will never own it.

can anyone help ?

*edit* just noticed that the LE Braugh is currently at 107 on ebay

IJW
30-10-2008, 15:24
The two places to look first for Citadel stuff is Stuff of legends, and the Collecting Citadel miniatures wiki.

http://solegends.com/citle/index.htm
http://collecting-citadel-miniatures.com

This is presumably the Malekith figure:
http://collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/index.php/Image:Unreleased_-_Dark_Elf_Malekith_on_foot.jpg

blindingdark
30-10-2008, 16:16
THANKYOU !

awesome, looks the same as on the dragon but somehow not as stupid looking. ive never liked the curent mini, but ive never owned it either so maybe its just the paint job.

thank you v.much for the link. :)

Emperors Teeth
30-10-2008, 20:56
I liked the model personally. Would've used it as a Butcher. I have all 3 of the 54mm sculpts; the Chaos Knight and the Dwarf/Troll I got as gifts. I missed out on the Elf by a few months and finally picked it up on ebay a few days back for a 'mere' 36. I fancied playing an Inquisitor scale game set in the Warhammer World.

600 is definately absurd though. Unless some madman is willing to pay it... then to them at least, it isn't absurd. I'd probably pay up to 100 max if I could. And not till I've paid my loan off.

Emperors Teeth is a sad bunny. A sad bunny who was at the gym when this auction ended. And I just got paid too!!! :cries:

WHHHHYYYYYYY!!!????!!!!! ("http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120321404648&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching)

Jedi152
31-10-2008, 08:20
The winner of the auction must be a limited edition collector - he bought my White Dwarf model.

StarFyre
31-10-2008, 11:26
I would say it's still the Citadel Imperial dragon...only 50 were cast, when I asked the Perry brothers, the molds broke after that. 2 ft tall and about 2 ft long...the highest I saw it sell for was about 3000 british pounds.

Although now there are models that big or bigger, at the time (1982 i believe) it was unheard of, and it was metal (the wings you had to make the membrane yourself though).

Sanjay

Supremearchmarshal
31-10-2008, 12:00
Anyone remember the hero miniatures form Advanced Heroquest? Well the plastic ones do pop up on eBay occasionally and aren't very expensive. But there were also a few metal ones which were cast just for the photos on the box and rulebook. The Wizard was a free bonus with White Dwarf, but AFAIK the other three were never released. I wonder what price they'd fetch?

Here's the pics: http://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/index.php/Heroquest_-_Unreleased

And btw, while browsing Ebay I just found this... http://global.ebay.com/gbh/viItem?ItemId=350116245040
:wtf:

JackBurton01
31-10-2008, 12:18
I know ;)

I am guessing his and your knowledge of ltd and unreleased minis is pretty limited, I think I have spent in the region of 8k over the years on ltd and unreleased minis and I at the peak of my collecting of such minis wouldn't claim to have even 10% of the catelogue of unreleased minis. Does he have the unreleased Tzeentch spawn? the bathtime cauldron of blood? the clear resin balrog? The unreleased Savage orcs? the arabian wizard? the tilean mercenary? the resin Azhag the Slaughterer? the undead viking? I could go on and on, and Oliveraso could add even more to the list!

My knowledge yes, His no and he's spent quite a bit more than that and is not limited to citadel models. I mean seriously have you ever seen an entire two car garage filled with models? It's awe inspiring. That said he doesn't collect many resin models, "he deals in lead friend."

OLIVERASO
31-10-2008, 12:21
Mmmmh... Is your friend is Ed Etkin :D ?

Sleazy
31-10-2008, 12:25

there was one for each GW store at the time. I had one (it was really heavy) but managed to lose it when I moved house years ago. I have seen one on ebay, it was over 100 with over a day left. I never saw what the final price was

Foolish Mortal
31-10-2008, 12:52
Does anyone know, in a roundabout, ballpark kind of way what the Praetorian guard boxed set would be worth?

The box is a bit battered, but the contents are unopened.

I bought this with the intention of hanging on to it until my painting skills improved - never happened, so I was just wondering if it's worth letting it go to someone who could do it better justice than me.

JackBurton01
31-10-2008, 14:09
I've seen that go for over 300. Not sure why though. Nah not ED Edkin just an army captain that had way too much disposable income. Its amazing how many models a man can buy when thats all he spends his money on. He's also been collecting for over 20 years. Right now he is focusing on maintaining his LOTR collection he has the complete set currently and don't ask me why but he has the complete set of the Star Wars minatures game; the entire game. I honestly not sure he can even assemble all the models he has before he dies. He is currently selling old Rouge Trader kits on ebay. He's really happy GW stopped doing the limited edition models, except for gamesday, staff and production models, saves him alot of time hunting that stuff down on ebay. My favorite is the Slayer vs troll staff diorama.

Oh the rarest minatures are probably the line of WWI maybe WWII ausies that the perry twins did as commision for Peter Jackson. My friend is trying to think of ways to "acquire" them. Its a good think that mister Jackson lives far away.

blongbling
31-10-2008, 15:50
yeah but they arent GW models are they.........

leadlair
01-11-2008, 07:31

Well since he is talking about me I will say that he is exaggerating just a little bit :D. I have all the limited edition models which ain't bad but only some of the unreleased stuff. Which frankly got a little too expensive to continue getting while still in school.

I would say the most expensive minis I have seen are the:
28mm Malekith which went for almost $2,000
Metal Thunderhawk which I have seen go for $700
and the unreleased squats which I have seen go for $500+

some other cool finds I have gotten were the unreleased eye of terror farseers but they really werent that expensive but my favorite is still the unreleased storm trooper that they did. The Christmas specials aren't really worth that much by the way and can be gotten for $60-$100.

leadlair
01-11-2008, 08:13
I've seen that go for over 300. Not sure why though. Nah not ED Edkin just an army captain that had way too much disposable income. Its amazing how many models a man can buy when thats all he spends his money on. He's also been collecting for over 20 years. Right now he is focusing on maintaining his LOTR collection he has the complete set currently and don't ask me why but he has the complete set of the Star Wars minatures game; the entire game. I honestly not sure he can even assemble all the models he has before he dies. He is currently selling old Rouge Trader kits on ebay. He's really happy GW stopped doing the limited edition models, except for gamesday, staff and production models, saves him alot of time hunting that stuff down on ebay. My favorite is the Slayer vs troll staff diorama.

Oh the rarest minatures are probably the line of WWI maybe WWII ausies that the perry twins did as commision for Peter Jackson. My friend is trying to think of ways to "acquire" them. Its a good think that mister Jackson lives far away.

Hey no one else makes Star Wars miniature so I have to get them somewhere!!!!!

Harry
01-11-2008, 08:31
Well since he is talking about me I will say that he is exaggerating just a little bit :D. I have all the limited edition models which ain't bad but only some of the unreleased stuff. Which frankly got a little too expensive to continue getting while still in school.
I would think!!!
Much of the unreleased stuff is difficult to get hold of at any price.

Still you are clearly a nutter for lead so ... well met good sir. :D

OLIVERASO
01-11-2008, 20:56
I have also PM'ed you ;)

Much of the unreleased stuff is difficult to get hold of at any price.

More rarer than resin azhag ?
I will kill to have

the 5 ( maybe more ? ) concept kroot head
the 2 ( maybe more ? ) concept tau head
And the unreleased kroot "at ease"

+ any of the unreleased Perry twins tau prototype :D.

But you are right about one thing. The problem is not to paid undecent prices. The problem is to found the miniatures.
It's an problem when you have money to bought an miniature... but no one in your contacts get it for sale. The most important is to have contacts.... lot of contacts.... :D

fiore hellheart
01-11-2008, 21:37
what about the gold plated white dwarfs given away on the 300th issue birth days, we gave one away in our store but the guy told them to keep it and its now in a cabinet in gw. reckon itd go for quite alot though. :)

Evilgenius
01-11-2008, 22:08
So how much does the aforementioned Warmonger go for?

I'm interested as I've just recieved a huge electricity bill.

Duke Georgal
01-11-2008, 23:09
The most rare model I have ever heard of was the Chaos Dwarf Bull Centaur Musician. I have never heard of one selling on eBay. Does one even exist?

Anyway, the most expensive figure I have bought was the 2004 Reapercon "Sophie On A Rock" sculpted by Gael Gourman (sp?).

I paid over $200.00 for that, and that is a record that will stand forever for me.

Chaos and Evil
01-11-2008, 23:17
So how much does the aforementioned Warmonger go for?

I'm interested as I've just recieved a huge electricity bill.

Warmonger Titans tend to sell for over 100.

OldMaster
01-11-2008, 23:51
Wow, I never realized the amount of stuff that didn't get through..

Just one thing - can somebody please explain me why the Dwarf Lord sprue is unreleased? From what I could find, it's awesome.

Warboss Antoni
02-11-2008, 00:19
Does anyone have links to pics of the unreleased EoT farseers? I'd like to see them but theyre not on Stuff of Legends.

spaint2k
02-11-2008, 03:41
The most rare model I have ever heard of was the Chaos Dwarf Bull Centaur Musician. I have never heard of one selling on eBay. Does one even exist?

I don't believe one does exist. I'm pretty sure that the figure you refer to is a conversion.

Steve

TheDarkDaff
02-11-2008, 06:10

Just one thing - can somebody please explain me why the Dwarf Lord sprue is unreleased? From what I could find, it's awesome.

From what i understand the mould was dropped and broken.

Harry
02-11-2008, 07:55

Some of it is training models that don't make the grade.
Some of it is 'personal projects'. Something the sculptor has done off his/her own back and is waiting for someone to give it the nod to get it into the range.
Some of it is part of an army project but does not quite fit the rest of the range and so gets knocked back.
Some of it is the wrong scale. (I.E. is outside the accepted tolerances +or - from the scale masters to make the range).
Some of it does not fit into any specific army release and they are just waiting for an opportunity/excuse to release it.
Some do not represent a unit in a given army (E.G The 'Sigmars Blessing' model of the priest blessing the handgun).

Fortunately the 'direct only' range will allow some of these models to see the light of day in time.

The mould for the Dwarf character (Lord/BSB) sprue was indeed broken. They made the decision to release the selection of metal characters we got instead rather than commit to the expense of remaking this mould. They did however make a few sprues before it was broken so there are a few knocking about.

OLIVERASO
02-11-2008, 08:34

I don't believe one does exist. I'm pretty sure that the figure you refer to is a conversion.

Is anyone here get pics of this musician ?

From what i understand the mould was dropped and broken.

Yeah yeah, try to broke an mould for plastic sprues :D.... From what I heard from the guy I bought my sprue ; it's because of "pathetic problem of management" the mould has been broken.

Pics for the EoT farseer :

http://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/index.php/Eldar_-_Unreleased

It's farseer 3 and 4.

@ Harry :
You have forget "first version of an miniatures" -minis need some change to be released, like the tanith with long hair ; or "funny projects" - like all the topless miniatures :angel:

Harry
02-11-2008, 09:00
Yeah yeah, try to broke an mould for plastic sprues :D.... From what I heard from the guy I bought my sprue ; it's because of "pathetic problem of management" the mould has been broken.

@ Harry :
You have forget "first version of an miniatures" -minis need some change to be released, like the tanith with long hair ; or "funny projects" - like all the topless miniatures :angel:
Actually whilst the steel moulds used for plastic are strong and are made to withstand some serious to tonage of pressure they are actually quite brittle and could easily be dammaged if dropped. The slightest fracture could leave a mould 'broken' given the pressure they must withstand. I not saying that is what happened to this mould, I am just saying that is what could happen. :D

"first versions of minitures" were covered by "part of an army project that does not fit the range so gets knocked back"

The topless miniatures were covered by "personal projects. something the sculptor had done off his/her own back" ...

... Juan and Chris need to get out more and meet some real girls. :D

Evilgenius
02-11-2008, 09:04
Warmonger Titans tend to sell for over 100.

Great googly moogly!:eek: To think I was just going to use the arm for a Chaos Dread.

It should be up on Ebay tonight!:cool:

Billpete002
02-11-2008, 09:31
what about that gold plated white dwarf model being carried by bugman and the other stunty? wasn't that like 1k or more? - and now it would be even higher because there was only that amount produced and they are all in private hands.

Harry
02-11-2008, 09:35
Some went for 300-400 at first (That I saw on e-bay) but it settled down and I saw some change hands for around 100 after the initial clamor had died down a bit.

OLIVERASO
02-11-2008, 09:44
It should be up on Ebay tonight!

Please send me an link or post it here.... I'm very interested :) .

I not saying that is what happened to this mould, I am just saying that is what could happen.

Yeah, that could happen.... How many times - in 30 years of GW miniatures, have you heard that :p?

... Juan and Chris need to get out more and meet some real girls.

I have see you edited your message to add "and chris" :angel:
DE by fitzpatrick, and lahmian by The best sculptor : The spanish Juan Diaz !
( and who will put his hands on the rare mounted topless lahmian vampire :D ? )

Oliveraso, From Spain too .

Harry
02-11-2008, 10:03
Yeah, that could happen.... How many times - in 30 years of GW miniatures, have you heard that?

I have see you edited your message to add "and chris"
DE by fitzpatrick, and lahmian by The best sculptor : The spanish Juan Diaz !
( and who will put his hands on the rare mounted topless lahmian vampire ? )

Oliveraso, From Spain too .
Not so much. :D

How could I have forgetten Chris's topless Witch Elves. :D

I take it YOU have the mounted version? I would settle for the one on foot.
Juan Diaz is indeed a great sculptor. Only GW females to actually look ... female. :D

I quite like the unreleased female vampire Shane Hoyle sculpted. Do you know this mini?. Bit cartoony but would fit nicely with my 5th edition Vampire Counts.

silverstu
02-11-2008, 20:26
Right!
Topless witch elves?? Unreleased female vamps? And you don't post pics?? :(

Ahem.. well it would be nice to share..:angel:

oh and Harry -built your dwarf lord yet or do you just take the sprue out every so often and stroke it.."my precious..":D

Harry
02-11-2008, 20:50
I have been waiting for my painting skills to come on a bit ... I am a bit nervous about tackling something as rare as him.

Ironbreaker
02-11-2008, 20:51
What about the plastic Dwarf Lord?
I'm pretty sure there were some sprues cast.

silverstu
02-11-2008, 20:52
Just the stroking then...
I suppose thats the problem with rare items- the worry that you'll somehow not do them justice.. [I have every faith in your skills harry]

Harry
02-11-2008, 21:06
Exactly so. However I can see no point in owning something and not painting, playing and enjoying it.

I will paint all my rare, limited and unreleased stuff at some point.

Oh, BTW I think all those topless and unreleased Vamps, etc. are on show at the 'collecting citadel mini's' site.

silverstu
02-11-2008, 21:15
Exactly so. However I can see no point in owning something and not painting, playing and enjoying it.

I think you're quite right- otherwise what is the joy in having them.

Cheers for the tip on the pics- I'll check them out myself

Danteng7
03-11-2008, 01:34
Just a quick question on unreleased GW minis, how do we know the authencity of such minis are really unreleased from GW?

spaint2k
03-11-2008, 01:44
Is anyone here get pics of this musician ?

The only one I ever saw was sold as "unreleased, rare, l@@k!!!!" but in fact it was clearly a conversion of the regular drummer stuck on a bull centaur body. Went for a stupid amount of money too.

Steve

OLIVERASO
03-11-2008, 10:12
I suppose thats the problem with rare items- the worry that you'll somehow not do them justice..

I get the same problem ; I have an nice collection of unreleased stuff - but still too small :( - but I am not an painter. ( I like painting... but one of my eye not see anything, so it's quite hard for me to make an "good" paintjob :( )
And as I not get the money to paid an good painter.... I collect.. I collect... more and more :D
In waiting of an good cheap painter :D

The only one I ever saw was sold as "unreleased, rare, l@@k!!!!" but in fact it was clearly a conversion of the regular drummer stuck on a bull centaur body. Went for a stupid amount of money too.

Was on eBay, right ? He went for 40 $ if we are speaking about the same mini.

EDIT : And I finally get the unreleased female inquisitor with high heels !

Duke Georgal
03-11-2008, 10:22
Was on eBay, right ? He went for 40 $ if we are speaking about the same mini.

I have seen a couple of Bull Centaur Musicians on eBay, but they were obviously home made conversions.

I would love it if someone could confirm, or disprove the existance of this guy. When I had my Chaos Dwarf army there were so many rumors I heard about him.

Deja Dude
04-11-2008, 15:47
Epic scale Tyranids are always pretty expensive on Ebay.

While not a model itself, Warhammer Quest usually goes for silly money on Ebay too.

parus_ater
04-11-2008, 20:31
I'll be having another Gideon Lorr up for bidding on ebay in the next week....

olmsted
04-11-2008, 20:40
13th company wulfen: used to be you could buy 5 for 25 usd. now on ebays a box sells for 100usd. thats 20 dollars per metal soldier that a bunch of space wolf players want to get their paws on.

th7dude
05-11-2008, 12:14
That is crazy. How about the very early 40k terminators? The ones that look like the characters from Fifth Element.

Chiron
05-11-2008, 12:34
Not a mini but the Dark Heresy Collectors Editon has reached prices of about 500-600 on ebay

My own copy is not for sale until I really need that holiday... ;)

Netherghoul
05-11-2008, 13:12
got some sweet stuff like fimir still in blister, unreleased goblin netters,kaleb mounted & on foot, Gobledigook, sanity claws, chaos lav etc etc,etc

but my fav is the original Lichemaster , got 2 of them.
also got his personal guard Michael jacksen, ramlac, krell.
I think the Lichemaster and Michael are the rarest around. seen insane prices.
gonna take them into my grave when I die;)

OLIVERASO
06-11-2008, 15:02
And those concept are also very rare :

http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?image=italiesept08008tx2.jpg

Theire is also two concept tau head, and maybe some I not knoe the existence :(

blongbling
06-11-2008, 15:20
dude, they are just concept stuff from the studio in large scale...you wont find them anywhere

OLIVERASO
06-11-2008, 15:48
dude, they are just concept stuff from the studio in large scale...you wont find them anywhere

Maybe somewhere ; But I will have to be lucky :) .

Or some of the concept devilfish tau are also valuable for me :

http://img291.imageshack.us/my.php?image=italiesept08002yj6.jpg

I will update pics of the other later :=)

TheDarkDuke
06-11-2008, 16:05
Malekith on foot. No other model I have ever seen sells for over $700 us when not assembled or painted.

ZeroTwentythree
06-11-2008, 16:21
Right!
Topless witch elves?? Unreleased female vamps? And you don't post pics?? :(

http://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/index.php/Dark_Elves_-_Unreleased
http://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/index.php/Undead_-_Unreleased

Exactly. It's like the people who buy rare cars and then put them in a garage to sit and never be used for their entire life. What a waste.

I guess some people get enjoyment out of wonderful items (whether it's a little lead figure or a rare sportscar) while other people get more enjoyment solely out of the thought of possessing them. I just don't understand the latter. ;)

Just a quick question on unreleased GW minis, how do we know the authencity of such minis are really unreleased from GW?

Do you mean whether they are GW or another company? Or whether they are GW or counterfeits?

If they're in the package, that's one good sign. Otherwise it's a matter of faith. But see my reply to Harry above. I don't actually go hunting down rare figures I don't like just because they're rare. But there are some that I look for simply because I really like the figures.

Personally, I know a good deal of the ones I've got a "authentic" since I either bought them 20+ years ago in a store or mail oder, or I've managed to pick them up in their packaging. I've grabbed some large collections so I suppose there's a chance I've inadvertently got the odd counterfeit in my stuff. Just try to avoid the resin figures that are normally sold as metal. ;)

It does bug me when people on eBay sell figures that are clearly made by some other company (and sometimes still in production!) as "OMG!!! ULTRA RARE GW!!!" and people fall for it. Whether it's just their own ignorance or intentional deception, it's still crappy. :(

King Vyper
06-11-2008, 16:50
I have always been amazed at how much some of the older stuff goes for!

I have seen some insane bidding on Ebay for old rogue trader stuff., I just wish I could remember what some of the winning bids where. Some stuff I seen fetch top dollar:

5 Harlequin Jet Bike (I think they went for over a $100 US)

Imperial Guard Jet Bike Command Squad (Mucho Dinero)

Space Marine Chappy on Jet Bike

Metal Twin Power Fist Beakie

Apocothery and Techmarine in Vincent Shadow Bikes

10-man Rogue Trade era Dark Angel Assault Squad.

Tyranid Vehicles (name?) Made by Epic

Gobsmasha Tank

shaw3029
06-11-2008, 18:01
Does anybody know if there was ever a snotling runt holding a pair of scissors. I seem to remember him being in a similiar pose the runt holding the bionic leg here;

http://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/index.php/Space_Orks_-_1991_Runtherdz%2C_Runts_%26_Squigs

Im sure I remember seeing one years ago when I was a kid but Ive never seen one since perhaps he never existed. Ive got the rest and they will all be in my army.

Im pretty sure some of these are rare,

http://www.solegends.com/citcat911/c2071orkgretchin.htm

Or just really hard to find because I dont think many people bother to put them up on ebay. Im after the two at the bottom, one with the squig bagpipes the other carrying the bad moon banner pole.

For the size of them they can sell for a decent price, I paid 6 quid for a single squig! I was hoping to win several and save on the postage but that didnt work out. Doh!

Thanks

Edit:

Ive just seen the Gretchin on Ebay! I nearly cacked myself.

TimLeeson
06-11-2008, 19:43
I'm definitly one of those insane RT ebay fanatics. I just spent 33 (including post and packaging) on eight of the first RT marines !

I would of also spent up to 60 on six slann I found, but ended up losing that bid because of my bad memory!

OLIVERASO
06-11-2008, 21:21
If they're in the package, that's one good sign.

Yeah, good luck for found an unreleased miniatures in an GW package.... especially as they are never sell in shop =)

I guess some people get enjoyment out of wonderful items (whether it's a little lead figure or a rare sportscar) while other people get more enjoyment solely out of the thought of possessing them. I just don't understand the latter.

I'm in the second situation.
I'm after any unreleased stuff... because they are rare. Because I will be one of the rare guys in the hobby to get one.
And if they are beautiful, it's better !

NecronBob
06-11-2008, 23:03
I'm in the second situation.
I'm after any unreleased stuff... because they are rare. Because I will be one of the rare guys in the hobby to get one.
And if they are beautiful, it's better !

So, when you get the rare stuff, do you paint it up and add it to your army or does it go in a safe or something? Some of the things posted in this thread would look great on the table, but I get the feeling that painting it would ruin its value. Is that true?

Harwammer
06-11-2008, 23:48

Does this mean you are at risk of collecting yourself?

Danteng7
07-11-2008, 05:13
I sometimes see two sellers from Brazil selling Limited Edition minis and Black Library Limited Edition Diorama sets without the certificates.

I bought one BL set from one of them about 3 years ago at a knockdown price. Overtime i realised the 2 sellers are selling the same LE minis for a period of time. Are these 2 sellers selling counterfeits? I'm not accusing them as one but they seems to operate like one.

I checked my BL minis for double mold lines as an obvious sign it is a counterfeit but didnt find any, or any signs of miscast and stuff.

I'm sure you guys will know who I'm talking about. These guys are selling on Ebay for sometime.

blongbling
07-11-2008, 07:57
limited edition models, being sold in large quantities at a discounted price most likely = fake

OLIVERASO
07-11-2008, 09:00
I sometimes see two sellers from Brazil selling Limited Edition minis and Black Library Limited Edition Diorama sets without the certificates.

I bought one BL set from one of them about 3 years ago at a knockdown price. Overtime i realised the 2 sellers are selling the same LE minis for a period of time. Are these 2 sellers selling counterfeits? I'm not accusing them as one but they seems to operate like one.

I checked my BL minis for double mold lines as an obvious sign it is a counterfeit but didnt find any, or any signs of miscast and stuff.

I'm sure you guys will know who I'm talking about. These guys are selling on Ebay for sometime.

I know that. I can only say one thing : Not buy from Brazil. Not buy from Poland/Russia/any country from the west ( or east ? at the opposite of france/spain/UK, etc, etc ) of the europe.
My advice of the morning :) .

Does this mean you are at risk of collecting yourself?

:evilgrin:

So, when you get the rare stuff, do you paint it up and add it to your army or does it go in a safe or something? Some of the things posted in this thread would look great on the table, but I get the feeling that painting it would ruin its value. Is that true?

I already answered on that topic some day ago about that :

"I get the same problem ; I have an nice collection of unreleased stuff - but still too small - but I am not an painter. ( I like painting... but one of my eye not see anything, so it's quite hard for me to make an "good" paintjob )
And as I not get the money to paid an good painter at the moment.... I collect.. I collect... more and more
In waiting of an good cheap painter "

Railgunner
08-11-2008, 19:10
Does anyone know how rare these are?
http://collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/index.php/Image:Unreleased_-_Bunker.jpg

As i would love to get hold of one.

RG

OLIVERASO
08-11-2008, 19:23
Does anyone know how rare these are?
http://collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/index.php/Image:Unreleased_-_Bunker.jpg

As i would love to get hold of one.

RG

Hi ;

They pop up quite frequently on ebay. One has been sold two or three weeks ago by "ullerfriend".

Price around 40-60 $ .

All the best ;
Oliveraso.

inq.serge
08-11-2008, 19:33
I would cut of and sacrifice your arm for Slaanesh for even seeing a pic of the Bath time cauldron of blood.

Railgunner
08-11-2008, 20:53
Hi ;

They pop up quite frequently on ebay. One has been sold two or three weeks ago by "ullerfriend".

Price around 40-60 $ .

All the best ;
Oliveraso.

Ah ok, got any tips on what to search for to find them?

RG

heretics bane
08-11-2008, 22:54
I have the marco pollo(i think thats his name) mini with a wooden dock base and an old chaos wizard the one that looke like Death with the sctythe and out strectehd claws.

Im told there decently rare but i havent go a clue. any help?

leadlair
09-11-2008, 02:04
I have the marco pollo(i think thats his name) mini with a wooden dock base and an old chaos wizard the one that looke like Death with the sctythe and out strectehd claws.

Im told there decently rare but i havent go a clue. any help?

The Marco Polo one was limited edition but not really rare while the chaos guy was actually sold for a while and isn't horribly rare either.

Harry
09-11-2008, 06:44
The Chaos sorcerer with out stretched claw was a UK Chaos roadshow mini.

He became more difficult to find when the roadshow van got stolen half way through the roadshow tour with all these limited edition minis in the back. :D

The True Mooseman
09-11-2008, 12:59
Can anyone give a rough estimate of the going price of one of those SM Iwo Jima-style dioramas?

blongbling
09-11-2008, 17:40
harry, that was the american van that got stolen

Harry
09-11-2008, 18:02
What? It happened again! :eek:

I think Jes is the mastermind behind these crimes.
It is a cunning scheme to to ramp up prices so he can sell them in his retirement.:D

parus_ater
09-11-2008, 18:05
The Marco Polo one was limited edition but not really rare while the chaos guy was actually sold for a while and isn't horribly rare either.

Marco Colombo, that was

OLIVERASO
09-11-2008, 18:35
I've never heard of an stolen car... but if it's true, it's funny.
Oh, and no, It's not me. I have bought all of my limited/unreleased stuff :p

About the bunker : Try unreleased/limited bunker/staff bunker/shop bunker/shops bunker.
Good luck ;)

Price of the iwo-jima diorama : it depends. Around 50 $ .

Railgunner
09-11-2008, 18:58
Thanks for the advice :)

RG

fluffystuff
09-11-2008, 19:33
One of my favourite models is the Promotional Chaos Champion of Tzeentch On Disc , which was available in Italy and Germany for the 10th anniversary. I doubt very much that the mould was destroyed after 2000 casts, but it's one of my faves ( and they sell for a fair bit on ebay ).

timdp
11-11-2008, 02:08
Those are probably the Monolith Designs vehicles. Way down at the bottom of this page: http://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/index.php/Resin_Vehicles_%26_Titans

Resin with lots of filler makes resin that seems like ceramic.

tim

Anyone know what the old resin/ceramic (not sure what they are made of honestly) models go for? I believe they were from Forgeworld way back in the day, my brother has them stored in his closet at home collecting dust.

He primarily has Eldar Vehicles, like a wave serpent, titan, and some other vehicles that use to not be available back than in metal or plastic.

They are official models as far I can remember, as we bought them when we were little kids at Warhammer events.