PDA

View Full Version : Proposed rules for ORK BoarBoys.

lanrak
28-10-2008, 19:08
Fast Attack.

Boar Boys. 15 pts.
WS/BS/S/T/W/I/A/Ld/Sv.
4/2/3/4/1/2/2/7/4+
Nob.
4/2/4/4/2/3/3/7/4+

Unit Composition;- 5 to 15

Unit type;-Cavalry.

Wargear,
Warboar (or Cyboar.)
Slugga.
Choppa
Stikk Bombs.

Special rules .
Furious charge.
Fleet of Trotter.
Fearless.

Options.
ONE unit may upgrade thier boars to cyboars this costs 5pts per boy.(10 pts per nob.)
All members of the unit then gain T4(5) and the Turbo Boost ability.
From the Big Red Buttons,( squig extract injectors.).

One boar boy can be upgraded to a Nob ...10 pts.
He may replace his choppa with;-
Big choppa .....5 pts.
Power Klaw.....25pts.

I have only done some limited play testing.(One unit of Boarboys/Cyboars instead of Storm boys.)
I thought the unit should have fearless as the boys are very preocipied with not falling off!(Being gored to death by thier mount might put a crimp in thier day.)They might not notice whats going on around them ?

Anyhow feed back and comments welcome.

TTFN
Lanrak.

edward3h
30-10-2008, 01:05
Have you seen the rules for boarboyz in the old Feral Orks army list? (Chapter Approved 2003). They were basically like standard Boyz plus Cavalry, at 12 points each.

Fleet is included in Cavalry in the current rules, so that is cool, and Furious Charge seems to be a standard Ork thing now.

I would not give them Fearless - there are no other Ork units with it, so it seems a bit excessive. Stick to Mob Rule.

Given these abilities they are pretty similar to Stormboyz so I would test them at 12 points.

Not sure about the Cyboars. Turbo Boost seems quite powerful. Maybe it could be a once per game thing. Another idea is to make them get an extra D6 on their Fleet move when the army does its Waaagh!

Orkeosaurus
30-10-2008, 02:56
Here's my take on cyboar rules for nobs:
+20 points a model. The model bennefits from:
A 4+ armor save
Cavalry rules (including fleet)
Toughness 4(5)

The squad can be upgraded with a "Big Red Button" for +5 points a model.
This allows the squad to always move 6" for their "run" move.

The pricing is about 5 points for the armor, the cavalry movement, and the toughness.
Bikes give out the armor, and the toughness, so 10 points gives the biker squad a 4+ cover save, twin linked dakka guns, and bike movement (which is quite a bit better than cavalry, thanks to turbo-boosting).

The Big Red Button helps to give them some more speed, but makes them just a little shy of the bike's cost.

Kurisu313
30-10-2008, 09:59
Some of your rules are obsolete in the new rules. Fleet of trotter is pointless as all cavalry have fleet. I also have to agree that fearless is inappropriate. Perhaps a rule that says boarboyz count as two models for the mob rule, due to the pigs being as pig-headed as their masters?

I don't think the big red button should grant the turboboost ability, because that's for bikes and I can see rules problems. My suggestion would be to roll two dice and pick the highest when running.

Also, don't list '(or cyboar)' under wargear, it's listed in the options.

Apart from that, I'm thinking the boars need a rule to show their ardness', like a S4 hit on the turn they charge, but maybe that's going too far as they already grant a 4+ save.

I'd enjoy seeing some orky boar boyz on the battlefield, its undeniably a cool idea.

lanrak
31-10-2008, 17:57
Hi guys.
Thanks for the feed back.I have modified the rules taking you ideas into account.Ill play a few more games.(Feel free to play test too!)

Fast Attack.

Boar Boys. 15 pts.
WS/BS/S/T/W/I/A/Ld/Sv.
4/2/3/4/1/2/2/7/4+
Nob.
4/2/4/4/2/3/3/7/4+

Unit Composition;- 5 to 15

Unit type;-Cavalry.

Wargear,
Warboar
Slugga.
Choppa
Stikk Bombs.

Special rules .
Furious charge.
Mob Rule.
Pig 'eaded.*
(*The war boar is a viciuos tempered mount of muscle and bone, with homocidal tendancies equal to its rider.Therefore each Boarboy counts as two orks for Mob Rule Checks.)

Options.
ONE unit may upgrade thier boars to cyboars this costs 5pts per boy.(10 pts per nob.)

All members of the unit then gain T4(5).

All Cyboars are fitted with a Big Red Button,(linked to some potent squig extract injection system.)
ONCE per game the owning player can use the Big Red Button, and the Cyboars count ALL movement related dice as rolling 6s for the rest of the turn.(Difficult terrain tests, falling back, run, etc.)

One boar boy can be upgraded to a Nob ...10 pts.
He may replace his choppa with;-
Big choppa .....5 pts.
Power Klaw.....25pts.

I originaly used fearless to make the boar boys a bit more survivable, but the 'Pig headed' special rule if far more fluffy.

TTFN
Lanrak.

Kurisu313
31-10-2008, 19:28
Looks good :)

The big red button looks a little overpowered to me, but I guess its one turn of movement for a fair few points, so I'm sure a couple of test games will iron that out if it's too much.

Hope your piggies do you proud!