PDA

View Full Version : The battle of Niz-Pazar?

baphomael
28-10-2008, 23:51
Years ago, I remember reading in an issue of Inferno! magazine a historical-fluff report on the battle of niz-pazar. I cant for the life of me remember any of the details about it, nor the issue of Inferno it was printed in - all I remember is that the Guardsmen featured in it had a very Napoleonic feel to them.

I've always wanted to do a Napoleonic guard army and with the imminant arrival of Victrix' sweet-as plastic Napoleonics, and Perry's plastic Napoleonics, I cant hold it off any longer. If anyone can give me any details about, I'd be very grateful.

Inquisitor S.
29-10-2008, 11:18
It's issue #13 (and it's actually Nīs-Pazar). 8 picture-heavy pages. The regiment was called "Roskan XXIV".
- very ornamented weapons
- colourful, traditional uniforms
- Grenadiers and Haussa = elite troops with these typical cavalry helmets (look similar to this:http://www.bennettauctions.com/2003/121103_portsmouth/NapoleonicHelmet.jpg)
- troops wear some kind of caps

Rhaivaen
29-10-2008, 11:37
heh, that link looks like the officers helmet of the Krieg :rolleyes: and is french in origin, i know.

Inquisitor S.
29-10-2008, 11:39
The helmet also resembles the helmets of the Pyran Dragoons, however the Roskan design is different from both.

precinctomega
29-10-2008, 13:33
One of the best articles ever in Inferno, IMO. A lot of the illustrations are based on historical uniforms and even real paintings from the Napoleonic era, except with 40k stuff like chainswords and laspistols and Orks stuck on for flavour. My favourite illustration was the one with the MP directing traffic while refugees struggle their way to safety.

After seeing the new Perry Miniatures plastics range, I immediately realized I had to do a Roskan XXIV regiment of Imperial Guard when the new codex is released!

R.

Inquisitor S.
29-10-2008, 13:38
with the MP directing traffic while refugees struggle their way to safety

Not refugees, brave militiamen on their way to the warzone ;)
I liked the steam-powered trucks because they looked like British WW2 trucks (well, the cabins to be precise). Generally a very nice article (and reminiscent of that other one for Fantasy, don't remember, something with Bernhard the Brave or such, campaign in the Chaos wars, IIRC it's up for free at the BL website)

Raellos
29-10-2008, 14:47
Now that inferno is long gone, could someone please give me a cough and a nod to where I may, or may not be able to acquire the article in question? Through external sources if need be.

Wink wink.

For I too am interested in the Perry models. So cheap, and so good! Though the cannons required for heavy weapons are about $20 AU each.

Inquisitor S.
29-10-2008, 14:52
*wink wink*Ebay or sellers of used books.
That's the source for mine and I never stumbled upon it elsewhere.

Raellos
29-10-2008, 14:58
Ebay. Not a fan, but if needs must I suppose I have to.

Edit: Not that I'm a complete cheapskate, I just dont really like Ebay. I could always hunt around in the trade forum.

Inquisitor S.
29-10-2008, 17:01
Yes, of course we could also wait until BL puts it up on their website but if they continue at the current pace I doubt anybody of us will still be alive then...

Actually I don't understand why they collected the short stories in new books but totally forgot about the much more interesting graphic stuff :( I remember once seeing an article about a giant doomsday cannon, but never was able to get that one *grmbl*

Lord Cook
29-10-2008, 22:03
could someone please give me a cough and a nod to where I may, or may not be able to acquire the article in question? Through external sources if need be.

Wink wink.

Careful mate, any more of that razor sharp, rapier-like subtlety and we might have missed such a fiendishly disguised hint altogether...

bojan
29-10-2008, 22:09
Minor trivia - both Nis and Pazar (Novi Pazar actually, meaning New Pazar) are towns in Serbia.

Name of battle was probably inspired by this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Nish