PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Mortal & Daemons Of Chaos players

Eternus
29-10-2008, 11:59
Ok, so I have this Chaos army, which is all mortals apart from one unit of 15 metal Daemonettes. You know, the really great looking ones that everybody loves. I have already decided I am not going to be starting a daemons army, and I want to build up my mortals a bit. I am considering swapping or selling my unit of daemonettes, which are glued to bases, but apart from that are untouched.

Anyone gone the other way and decided to go Daemons rather than Mortals and have something they may wish to trade? I'm just fishing at the moment, so I haven't decided for definite that I want rid. I may just keep them because they look great, but thought I'd see if there is any interest.

Alternatively, has anyone decided to keep their Daemon units in their Mortal armies and have them represent something else, like a unit of marauders favoured by the gods or something?

Discord
29-10-2008, 15:00
Alternatively, has anyone decided to keep their Daemon units in their Mortal armies and have them represent something else, like a unit of marauders favoured by the gods or something?

Forsaken would be a good choice, I think. They don't even have official miniatures.

Odin
29-10-2008, 15:10
You could use them as pretty much anything. I'd suggest just using them as Warriors with the Mark of Slaanesh & additional hand weapons. Forsaken is another good option because of their Move 6, though Frenzy is a bit inappropriate.

Crispian25
29-10-2008, 15:22
A female amazon style slaaneshi marauder unit would work.

Storak
29-10-2008, 15:47
with current price developments, i would keep the models as they are, as part of a retirement plan....

Emeraldw
29-10-2008, 16:44
You could even run them as chosen with XHW's if you want. The armor save represents their tough skin or w/e.

Forsaken though seem the best option though. The frenzy in a daemonette can be explained by the fact they are taken away in their drive to fulfill the excess of their lord. :evilgrin:

Discord
29-10-2008, 16:53
Or they're really angry over the fact they can't be fielded with slaaneshi armies anymore, instead being stuck with a random hodgepodge of other gods' daemons. ;)

Eternus
29-10-2008, 17:18
I'm liking the responses so far, and think I may go with using them as Slaaneshi Chosen with extra hand weapons. I could model on some peices of armour as well. They're such nice models that I don't really want to get rid of them, but I don't want them to sit around gathering dust either.

I'll just have to pick up the book and decide what will work best, but used they shall be!

Thanks for the input.

MarcoPollo
31-10-2008, 00:46
Yup I am one of those that has about 2k of each of the old chaos lines. Nothing that I can stick together to compete well, but enough to proxy in a satisfactory way, that will get me what I want.

For instance, many of the characters, I am interchanging. As well, my old chariots of tzeetch are being hooked up to screemers and used as demonic chariots of tzeetch.

But in general, I am choked with the changes and now I have to have a proxy army (just like the good old USA).