PDA

View Full Version : Warrior priests.

von_Griff
30-10-2008, 01:56
Can warrior priests take Dispell Scrolls?

I thought the fact that they generate dispell dice might give them the ability to, although it's through a special rule.

Kalec
30-10-2008, 01:58
No, they aren't wizards so they can't take arcane items.

Drow__Warrior
30-10-2008, 05:40
The rule book classifies a wizard with a very general statement. It says that any model that casts spells is considered a wizard.

The warrior preist casts spells (I don't care if they're called prayers)
They're bound spells, but spells none the less.

So an argument can be made that they are indeed wizards, and can take arcane items. I'm not sure whether that flys with many ppl, but there ya have it.

Thoughts?

BEEGfrog
30-10-2008, 05:44
The rule book classifies a wizard with a very general statement. It says that any model that casts spells is considered a wizard.

The warrior preist casts spells (I don't care if they're called prayers)
They're bound spells, but spells none the less.

So an argument can be made that they are indeed wizards, and can take arcane items. I'm not sure whether that flys with many ppl, but there ya have it.

Thoughts?
As someone else said "bound spells" are different from "spells", mainly in the way they are powered and cast. They don't count for being a wizard.

Condottiere
30-10-2008, 06:41
If a model isn't classified as a wizard, it can't take arcane items. A magic item that allows a character to pick a lore, generate dice and cast spells is not in the arcane section, and usually states in its description that the bearer counts as a wizard.

von_Griff
30-10-2008, 07:25
Yea, I think because all of the warrior priests magic related stuff is there through Special rules, it's not really a wizard...I'd imagine to be a wizard, it would need a specific level assigned to it.