PDA

View Full Version : They're here!!! Yay!

march10k
30-10-2008, 11:53
So I've been planning to start TK for a few months. I threw a few lists through the forums for input. Then I put a hundred bucks worth of stuff into my shopping cart in the online store and forgot to complete the transaction...and got madder and madder as the days passed and my stuff, that I had never in fact ordered, didn't arrive :( Oops.

So I finally realized that the stuff was still in my shopping cart a couple days before going on vacation for three weeks. Yuck. So I waited again till I had a few days left on vacation, and fired off the order from a hotel in Germany (After inspecting the prices in a German GW store...YIKES! They charge more Euro than you pay dollars in the U.S.!!!! Figure in the exchange rate, and it's almost double!...I did pick up a German WD, though. Good read!) Well, the order just came in yesterday.

It only took 90 minutes to paint up a concept model (an archer). Wow. Those archers paint up painlessly! Khemri yellow, sepia ink, then drybrush bleached bone, and you're 90% done with the model. Doing a sprue of four at once, I think I can get them done for 40 minutes a model, not counting drying time after the $#%@@ ink stage. The chariots and stuff will take a lot more time, though.

I'm going with a hormagaunt purple/warlock purple//adeptus battlegrey/codex gray scheme. From a distance, the hormogaunt purple actually looks kind of like a dark grey, so it's actually a pretty drab scheme. Maybe it'll look more colorful on shields and chariots and stuff. Skeleton archers don't have much on them other than bone!

Lord Malorne
30-10-2008, 11:55
Is this a project log?

:confused:

Quetzl
30-10-2008, 11:55
You should start up a painting log mate, then you can show us in pictures what your doing :)

Sounds really interesting though, glad you got the models in the end :D

march10k
30-10-2008, 13:03
Is this a project log?

:confused:

Nah, just me being happy that I finally got my models.

You should start up a painting log mate, then you can show us in pictures what your doing :)

Sounds really interesting though, glad you got the models in the end :D

Sounds good, I'll work on that tonight!

Lord Malorne
30-10-2008, 14:25
Can't wait to see the boney buggers :D.

Killgore
30-10-2008, 14:26
my interest in tomb kings has been sparked after Reading the first time of legends Nagash book

good luck with your army

Nightsword
30-10-2008, 14:34
my interest in tomb kings has been sparked after Reading the first time of legends Nagash book

Maybe that is what I should do to inspire me to paint my huge box of TK in my cupbaord...

Er, on topic, I'm glad you got your stuff in the end, you won't be making that mistake again. Anywho, since you're so enthuised, *project log*.

;)

march10k
31-10-2008, 17:20
Well, I started the log:

http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3051556&posted=1#post3051556