PDA

View Full Version : Orcs and Goblins 2250

Gimp
31-10-2008, 11:56
My last Orc list tried having a little of everything with some combat, shooting and magic but it kind of failed. So now I am gonna focus on pure combat so here is my list

236 = Black Orc Waross + Heavy Armour + Ulags Akkrit Axe + Umms Best Big Boss At + Imbads Iron Gnashas
164 = Black Orc Big Boss + Heavy Armour + Morks Spirit Totem
131 = Orc Shaman + Boar + 2 Dispel Scrolls
174 = 24 Orc Boyz + Shields + Full Command
189 = 30 Night Goblins + Nets + 2 Fanatics + Full Command
71 = 5 Goblin Wolf Riders + Spears + Musician
84 = 6 Goblin Spider Riders + Musician
80 = Orc Boar Chariot
80 = Orc Boar Chariot
120 = 8 Night Goblin Squig Hoppers
315 = 18 Black Orcs + Shields + Noggs Banner of Butchery + Full Command
160 = 4 Trolls

Alternatively here is a very simular list with a very small change

236 = Black Orc Waross + Heavy Armour + Ulags Akkrit Axe + Umms Best Big Boss At + Imbads Iron Gnashas
164 = Black Orc Big Boss + Heavy Armour + Morks Spirit Totem
131 = Orc Shaman + Boar + 2 Dispel Scrolls
211 = Black Orc Big Boss + Heavy Armour + Shield + Porkos Pigstikka + Boar Chariot
71 = 5 Goblin Spider Riders + Musician
90 = 6 Night Goblin Squig Hoppers
315 = 18 Black Orcs + Shields + Noggs Banner of Butchery + Full Command
160 = 4 Trolls

Both lists are below 2250

So what you guys think any advice?

Malorian
31-10-2008, 15:19
*Keep in mind I'm new to orcs*

I think that the goblin shaman with staff of sneaky stealing is usually better than two scrolls (and cheaper). You'll have an extra DD each round and he'll have one less PD which will probably stop an eaxt spell each turn rather than just the two possible with the scrolls. Than again, against a magic heavy DE or TK list those scrolls would be better.

That black orc on a chariot looks fun :) I ran one once but without the magical weapon and I was very pleased with what it did.

The black orcs on the other hand I don't think are worth it (those 18 black orcs are almost as much as your 48 regular orcs). Unless you plan to screen them with the trolls or something.

MrBill2u
31-10-2008, 16:16
Need 2 posts before I can list my army. Free tag :p

Gimp
31-10-2008, 16:18
I was thinking of using 2 chariots but the Black Orc on a single chariot seems fun although I thinking of dropping the magic weapon.

As for the shaman thats not a bad idea I will swap and change them around and see what I get.

As for the black orcs they are really expensive but they have in the past worked well for me.

Any other suggestions?

Malorian
31-10-2008, 16:38
Well orc/goblin champians are fairly expensive. If you drop just those five champians you have a good deal of points that can go to other upgrades like magic weapons or spear chukkas.

Kaos
31-10-2008, 20:29
I like the second list the most.. add the goblin with a sneaky staff or 2 dispell scrolls and then perhaps bargain for some spear chuckas. Because even tho you are all mean in close combat theres allways stuff you want to shoot instead. Say..Blood Thirsters, Dragons.. terrorcausers..you name it. 2-4 of them should give you something to do while advancing towards your foe.

Perhaps just take two single trolls? the will be very tactical indeed.