PDA

View Full Version : Archaon, slay friend = +1CR ?

CGLover
31-10-2008, 13:32
Hey there, am I right that when Archaon kills a friend in b2b or wounds himself, the Chaos player gets +1 CR ?

Big book says " Just add up all the wounds coused by that side in the fight"
Doest care friend or foe..help? :confused:

Atrahasis
31-10-2008, 13:35
This is in the list of questions to be submitted to the Design Team - until then come to an agreement with your opponent.

Braad
31-10-2008, 16:31
I would say, for now, if you suffer a wound on your own side, that it should benefit your opponent. So he gets +1 CR, not you.

xragg
31-10-2008, 18:13
Censer bearers cause wounds to both sides, how do you resolve that?

BEEGfrog
31-10-2008, 20:00
Censer bearers cause wounds to both sides, how do you resolve that?

The sensible option is to count wounds suffered by the enemy rather than who caused them. But it is arguable that RAW says do it the non-sensible way.

theunwantedbeing
31-10-2008, 20:08
Unsaved wounds suffered by your opponent are added to your sides combat res.
That's the sensible option, although not quite what the Rulebook says.

Holothuria
31-10-2008, 20:09
I really can't fathom how they missed the confusion that would pop up when they wrote that rule. I have been playing this game for less than a year and I had that question the first time I read the rule.

mattschuur
02-11-2008, 15:25
Under the Plague Censer rules it specifies that the wounds caused are counted for Combat res. Thus casualties by both sides would add to their scores.

As far as Archaon goes i think any wound he inflicts on himself or his unit would count toward his opponents res score. I know i'd be pretty happy to see the everchosen of chaos stab himself or one of his own men. Thats one or two less swings that might get me.:D

matt schuur

Lord Dan
02-11-2008, 16:55
It doesn't seem right that Archaon would benefit from a rule that is obviously intended to be detrimental.

Condottiere
02-11-2008, 17:36
I'm not that familiar with this aspect, but aren't self-inflicted wounds in combat considered own goals? The benefits/consequences derived should accrue to the opposing side.

Bob the Butcher
04-11-2008, 16:23
The main rulebook doesn't really help solve this problem.

p37
Each side scores a number of combat results points equal to the wounds caused in the combat. It does not matter which particular units inflicted the wounds just add up all wounds caused by that side in the fight.

So by the reading of this rule technically Achaeon could count the the self inflicted wounds.

However this goes against the whole combat procedure in Warhammer where the wounds inflicted on each other are tallied up and compared to determine the Combat resolution. After all how can killing your own troops help moral and therefore combat resolution?

Therefore Achaeon's self inflicted wounds would not help his own side in combat resolution as his unit or himself has received wounds.

I would play that the self inflicted wounds don't help either side for combat resolution.

OldMaster
04-11-2008, 17:59
It can't help your moral, but it won't be helping the enemies either, in my opinion. I mean:

"Hey, look out there, that Archaon guy lays down with his sword so wildly he even chopped the head off the champion of his own unit of Knights!"
"You mean... he killed the same champion who was responsible for the doom of another 12 of our regiments? The one who survived rains of bullets and smashed his unit in the flank of our army, running over our finest soldiers and a Steam Tank in the progress? That Champion?"
"Yes.."
"........
"... I think I forgot to feed my kittens last night......"

Bob the Butcher
04-11-2008, 20:47
Well I guess the easiest way to play it is self inflicted wounds don't count for either sides combat resolution.

Actually this issue would have been the same for the High Elf Talisman of Loec which inflicts a wound on the bearer once it has been activated.

marv335
04-11-2008, 21:28
we've always played it that self inflicted wounds give CR to the opposing side. seems fairest all round.

NornTyrant
07-11-2008, 03:00
I think the opposing side should be benefit from that