PDA

View Full Version : How does magic work?

samick
31-10-2008, 18:14
Hey, I'm a really big noob when it comes to this game, as I just got into in about a week ago. I was wondering how magic works...

I know its a broad question, but I'm really lost.

If someone could give the the basic rundown or direct me to a website where I could read up on it, I would be very appreciative.

FigureFour
31-10-2008, 18:30
I'd direct you to the magic section of the rulebook . . .

Generally speaking peopel around here frown on answering questions that are easily solved by reading the rules as it encourages people to NOT buy the books.

samick
31-10-2008, 20:04
Ya sorry, I only play with a few friends and they have the rulebooks.

BEEGfrog
31-10-2008, 20:40
Hey, I'm a really big noob when it comes to this game, as I just got into in about a week ago. I was wondering how magic works...

I know its a broad question, but I'm really lost.

If someone could give the the basic rundown or direct me to a website where I could read up on it, I would be very appreciative.

If you are in range of a GW store go in and ask them to run you through it.

It may be worthwhile suggesting a wizard's duel with 6-8 levels of magic each side then go through the process of picking spells, casting and dispelling until one side bites the dust.

(I'll take teclis and a 2nd gen slann for my 8 levels...)

pfishy98
01-11-2008, 05:19
well then i think the obvious answer is to ask one of your friends to explain or perhaps borrow the rulebook

Condottiere
01-11-2008, 05:35
Short answer - the mechanism is similar to shooting, each spell has it's own rules for usage; there's a chance it won't activate, and sometimes there are consequences; your opponent has a chance to dispel it.

Long answer - borrow the 7th Edition rule book, then ask your friends to clear up any issues you're unsure of.

EldarWonderland
03-11-2008, 07:11
Badly, when you most need it :)

DeathlessDraich
03-11-2008, 07:59
Ya sorry, I only play with a few friends and they have the rulebooks.

Sorry, this forum is disallowed from a verbatim reproduction of whole sections of the rules.

I would suggest trying to get the Skull Pass shortened rulebook from ebay.

slasher
03-11-2008, 09:09
Badly, when you most need it :)

Agreed with totally