PDA

View Full Version : Plastic kits with big swords?

Othiem
01-11-2008, 20:44
So I'm thinking of trying to convert a bunch of state troops into great swords, but I can't come up with any good plastics to use as the swords. The closest thing I've seen has been the bloodletter swords, however they look a bit more demonic than I'm going for. Anybody know of any plastic kits with a greatweapon sword option that might work?

Freakiq
01-11-2008, 20:46
State troopers and Militia have one or two each so if you know some other empire players you could ask them.

Tokamak
01-11-2008, 20:49
Ogre bulls have HUGE swords.

Othiem
01-11-2008, 21:02
Ogre bulls have HUGE swords.

There's a thought, is it only 6 per box though?

Tokamak
01-11-2008, 21:04
I'm not really sure, they come with clubs and maces as well.

Ah yeah, 6 swords and 6 maces. You can order them on bitzbox or something though.

Freakiq
01-11-2008, 21:21
I forgot, Grave guard have 10+ greatweapons (all swords) in each box plus armour pieces to use on your greatswords as well as skulls, bones and other gothic items.

Griefbringer
01-11-2008, 21:31
I would recommend starting with the great sword in the Empire militia kit - there is one in every sprue (making five of them per kit).

And as mentioned previously, every close combat melee troop sprue should contain one too.

Also, the knight sprue comes with a sword arm for the champion - while this sword is held one-handed, it is pretty massively dimensioned.

And the White Wolf/Middenheim sprue comes with a great hammer for some variety.

Othiem
01-11-2008, 21:46
Hm...the state troop ones just look too tiny I think.

The grave guard looks nice, much more traditional swords with tons of useful bits.

The ogre/middenheim combo could make for a really cool looking custom greatswords unit, but I think I'm leaning more normal looking for this army.

Some great ideas here, thanks for your feedback everyone!

Wolfmother
01-11-2008, 23:01
the new chaos knights have big swords although they are a bit gribbley

Lord Dan
01-11-2008, 23:21
I made my greatswords by taking the spear/halberd arm and gluing a sword at the end, which made them look sort of like sword-staff militia. I then gave them some cloaks to help stand out from the rest of my infantry.