PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Point Wood Elves for Random team 2v2 Tournament

MrPickles
02-11-2008, 02:50
Alright, this 2000 point list is for a 2v2 random team tournament, so I have absolutely no idea who I will be playing with. Hopefully I will play with somebody with lots of anvil units, so I can have some fun, flank charging with my cavalry. Criticisms/comments are welcome!

Lords
Treeman Ancient---375 Points
An Annoyance of Netlings
A Cluster of Radiants

Heroes
SpellSinger---140 Points
2 Dispel Scrolls

Standard Bearer---125 Points
Dawnspear

Core
Glade Guard---120 Points
10x Glade Guard

Glade Guard---120 Points
10x Glade Guard

Glade Riders---129 Points
5x Glade Riders
Musician

9x Dryads---108 Points

9x Dryads---108 Points

Special
Wild Riders of Kurnous---174 Points
6x Riders
Standard Bearer

Wild Riders of Kurnous---174 Points
6x Riders
Standard Bearer

Wardancer Troupe---133 Points
7x Wardancers
Musician

Rare
Treeman---285 Points

RavenBloodwind
02-11-2008, 14:08
Looks like a hard list and should augment anything you're paired up with.

A little light on magic defense with only 4DD but this shouldn't be too terrible since all your specials have MR.

Two treemen with a BSB is one of the stereotypical cheese builds for WE so the list likely won't win you any friends, but should fare adequately in winning you some games.

I'd look at trimming the wild riders down to 5 man units to free up points in an effort to get enough points to split the dryads into 3 8-strong units. You'll still need another 12 points to pull that off but the tactical flexibility of an extra skirmishing combat unit will serve you in good stead.

BigbyWolf
02-11-2008, 15:10
I say go for it! 2 Trees with BSB is nasty, but it's a tournament so go all out to win, I guarantee that others will!

The Red Scourge
02-11-2008, 16:13
Dawnspear?

I'd rather go with something to keep the BSB alive, like the SotCM.

Otherwise the list is nasty.

MrPickles
02-11-2008, 18:40
Thanks for the comments, guys.

I like the dawnspear because the BSB will be probably be travelling with the wardancers, so I should be able to minimze casualties in combat with them.