PDA

View Full Version : 1k warriors of chaos

nagash42
02-11-2008, 06:03
Hey all just got the new book deciding to put together an army with what I actually have cept for a few models (trolls and some marauders) here we go.

Sorcerer lvl2 w/ MoT, Book of secrets, Power familiar and conjoined Homunculus

14 warriors w/ shields and command

10 marauders w/ flails and command

10 marauders w/ flails and command

5 hounds

5 hounds

3 trolls

hellcannon

there and only 4 points over at 1004

Any tips dont' really have any big stratagy other then to try stuff out, aim the cannon at any enemy warmachines/fast stuff, try out Tzeentch magic and hopefully have fun for both me and my opponent.

Shamfrit
02-11-2008, 09:16
Well, your Sorceror has 6 power dice at his disposal, so no worries about Magic there then :|

My only suggestion would be to Mark the Warriors.

Neknoh
02-11-2008, 09:49
Hmm... I wouldn't mark the Warriors actually, instead, I would drop the Banners and the Champion from your Marauder units, perhaps even dropping a Warhound unit should you need to. The thing you're after is Mark of Khorne on your Marauders, go 6 or 7 wide and you've got 12 or 14 strength 5 attacks coming from them on turn one.

Once you've done that, I would say your list is actually quite well rounded, IF you want the points for your Warriors to be Marked and equipped with Hallberds or Additional Handweapons as WELL as their shields, you could try swapping the Hellcannon for two Khornate Spawns, this will free up some 50 points for you.

darren redstar
02-11-2008, 10:03
I have marked my marauders with the mark of nurgle, the -1 to hit lifts the need for shields and armour, more of a chance of those flails getting into combat.
my new marauder horsemen have MoNurgle, shields, spears and throwing spears- light cavalry, mini knights!

alex17
02-11-2008, 10:05
good, but nif any enemy employs cavalry on the flanks, your warhounds wont be able to counter the threat and this will leave your flanks exposed, i would drop the hellcannon and 1 unit of warhounds for 5 nurgle knights

nagash42
02-11-2008, 14:16
well i was thinking of putting the cannon on one flank and could use it against any calvary to maybe thin them out a little.

Marking the marauders with khorne would kind of prevent them from their function as kind of a detachment for a warrior unit at least one unit anyway I could mark the other and remove the commands.

popisdead
05-11-2008, 18:53
10 marauders with flails and full command are free VP to your opponent. Take 20 with hw/sh and full command and mark of slaanesh.

you need some warmachine hunting.