PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts of Chaos

Rookie1986
02-11-2008, 20:27
Hey Guys,

I had a play about with my army list today and came up with this, any advice or input is welcome,

Exalted Hero:
Army Battle Standard
Shield
Chariot
Doom Totem
= 315

16 x Chaos Marauders:
Flails
Light Armour
Command Group
Mark of Slaanesh
= 126

16 x Chaos Marauders:
Light Armour
Shields
Command Group
Mark of Slaanesh
= 126

5 x Chaos Warhounds
= 30

5 x Chaos Warhounds
= 30

12 x Chaos Warriors:
Shields
Command Group
Mark of Khorne
= 252

12 x Chaos Warriors:
Shields
Command Group
Mark of Khorne
= 252

12 x Chaos Warriors:
Additional Hand Weapons
Command Group
Mark of Khorne
= 252

10 x Chaos Forsaken
= 180

8 x Chaos Knights
Lances
Standard
Mark of Khorne
=410

= 1991

Kyosuke_88
02-11-2008, 20:47
drop the lances...

Its better to have S5 at all times, than S6 on the charge, S4 on second round.

drop the banner, its not as usefull as you would think on the paper, rather go with a good stated character. maybe bolster your warriors. 2 lines on 6 are good, but i'd add up another line on them, they could use the little extra on the static bonus, to further ensure they dont get tied up or sent running.

would be good if you add a bit more against magic.
a magic heavy army could possible wreak havoc in your lines.

but otherwise a good all rounder list.

Neknoh
02-11-2008, 21:06
As said, I would drop the lances and maybe even a Knight, furthermore, the frenzy-banner is better for the knights than Mark of Khorne.

I would then drop one unit of Warriors to free up points, use these to buy your remaining Warriors Hallberds, that makes for a lot of strength 5 attacks when you don't feel you need the shield.

In addition, I would use the spare points to get 4-9 more Marauders for a unit of either 20 or 25. If you still have points over, get a unit of 5 Marauder Horsemen with Flails and a Musician (comes to 81 points), after which you should be golden.

The list looks good and with a few tweaks, it looks like a Warrior list that might actually be viable.

Point of consideration:

Swap the Forsaken for two Khornate Spawns, strength 5 spawns are quite hurt-y, not as much as forsaken, but they come with the added bonus of not being frenzied and also being Unbreakable, your call on thisone.