PDA

View Full Version : Oval Base?

Starchild
03-11-2008, 04:52
:confused:

OVAL BASE (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1430061&prodId=prod1570012&rootCatGameStyle=)

What the heck is this for, may I ask?

Is there an upcoming release that requires a base like this? :wtf:

TheUsersAreReal
03-11-2008, 05:00
It was made for the Lotr dragon:

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1181144_99111466031_EvilDragonMain_445x319.jpg

Warforger
03-11-2008, 05:34
Maybe for attack bikes and the like, or for people who want a bigger base for there bike commanders, just like how people take termi bases and put them on there normal non-termi commanders

Schismotive
03-11-2008, 05:40
I'm SO ready to pay 6 bucks, for an oval base thats probably the same size as a termie base... or maybe a bit bigger. Anyway, its kinda neat, but I don't see it as necessary really, unless, like he said for bikes or commanders. =O

Binky
03-11-2008, 08:15
I'm SO ready to pay 6 bucks, for an oval base thats probably the same size as a termie base... or maybe a bit bigger. Anyway, its kinda neat, but I don't see it as necessary really, unless, like he said for bikes or commanders. =O

It's a lot bigger than that, been a while since I've seen it but think it's around 4 inches long, maybe even slightly longer.

Starchild
03-11-2008, 08:53
It's a lot bigger than that, been a while since I've seen it but think it's around 4 inches long, maybe even slightly longer.

Right, it is quite big.

But why would GW make just one special base for an LOTR figure? (OK, there's obviously a special base for the Mumak, but that's part of a sprue.) Could there be 40k releases that will use this base? If so, what could it be for? Any more ideas?

Maybe for players who want artillery all on one base? Or maybe for the Thunderfire? But then, why didn't they include one with the Thunderfire?

:confused:

Sidstyler
03-11-2008, 09:11
I'm SO ready to pay 6 bucks, for an oval base thats probably the same size as a termie base...

Pfff, what?

If it costs $6 by itself then there's probably a good chance that it's considerably bigger. There's really no reason to be sarcastic and decry the thing and GW when you don't even know what you're talking about. :eyebrows:

Fay_Redd
03-11-2008, 10:32
oh thats intriguing. It is for LOTR dragon but thats really all i can think of, save for something big from WHFB into 40k. GW are releasing tonnes of new bases on the site, including the 40k biker bases, absoluter goddam awesome. im going to get myself a pack for sho! for sho!.