PDA

View Full Version : 2K Mounted list

dsw1
03-11-2008, 22:21
This list is mainly for purposes of fun, but can be quite effective if used correctly I think;

Exalted champion - Barded steed, Halberd, shield, Favour of the Gods - Mark of Nurgle 160pts

Exalted champion - Barded steed, BSB, sword of might, The bronze armour of zhrakk- Mark of Nurgle
211pts

Chaos sorcerer - 2x scrolls - 135pts
Chaos sorcerer - 2x scrolls - 135pts

5 Marauder horsemen - Flails, javelins, Mark of Slannesh - 96pts

6 Chaos warhounds - 36pts

6 Chaos knights - Full command, Mark of Nurgle - Warbanner - 345pts
5 Chaos Knights - Full command, Mark of Nurgle - 280pts
5 Chaos Knights - Full command, Mark of Nurgle - Raptureous standard - 300pts

Total - 1998pts
Dispel dice - 4 + 4 scrolls

Plan:
Hide wizards
Put bsb in the unit with no magic standard
Put general in the other unit with rapture standard

bait and flee with horsemen and warhounds,
combo charge with the knights after.

Simple plan, but effective, I am more used to a defensive style of play so this offensive based army should be quite a fun change, I chose a predominately Nurgle army because of the fact it adds just that little bit of defence from shooting and making combat that little less dangerous for me.

If there is anything you don't like about my army, feel free to inform me here and I may see to the changes if I deem them necessary.

Many regards,
Dsw1

Kalec
04-11-2008, 01:30
Your BSB can be your general, so unless the second exalted is far more powerful then I give him credit for, I would just drop him. If you do go with a BSB general, giving him a flail or halberd, a shield, and the armor of damnation will yield better results then any other defensive set-up for a chaos hero (on a barded steed of course).

You might as well swap one unit of knights to Tzeentch and throw in the blasted standard to make them incredibly hard to shoot. Dropping one exalted and doing this should leave enough for a MoK unit of horsemen with flails and some warhounds for screening. Another option would be to drop one knight from the unit of 6 and take some GW dragon ogres to give you a unit with chariot-smashing strength for tackling monsters that your S5 knights will struggle with.

dsw1
04-11-2008, 11:52
Your BSB can be your general, so unless the second exalted is far more powerful then I give him credit for, I would just drop him. If you do go with a BSB general, giving him a flail or halberd, a shield, and the armor of damnation will yield better results then any other defensive set-up for a chaos hero (on a barded steed of course).

You might as well swap one unit of knights to Tzeentch and throw in the blasted standard to make them incredibly hard to shoot. Dropping one exalted and doing this should leave enough for a MoK unit of horsemen with flails and some warhounds for screening. Another option would be to drop one knight from the unit of 6 and take some GW dragon ogres to give you a unit with chariot-smashing strength for tackling monsters that your S5 knights will struggle with.

The bsb can't be the general, the rules clearly state that a bsb can not be a general under normal circumstances (exceptions will include the slann-mage priest and such), and even if the bsb could be the general unless I am missing a rule in the chaos book somewhere? I would not be able to use either the shield, the halberd or the flail due to the fact they are all 2 handed weapons (or uses an extra arm) which the bsb would prohibit. The characters are mainly used for just that little extra damage they will cause, I mean all the units I require are all LD 8 or will rally on 8 (hounds are basically fodder). I do see your point though for needing to get the hero with better combat capabilities, this was my primary concern that I couldn't really damage anything.

The reason I chose Nurgle was not just for the protection from shooting (-1 to hit), but because of combat as well, I mean -1ws means that anything ws3 will be hitting me on 5's, which would be a greater advantage over most other marks (I did choose slannesh though for the horsemen because it is immune to psychology but with the advantage of being able to flee thus draw units out of formation). Because of this reason, I feel that tzeentch and Khorne would not be appropriate (I would have picked Khorne, but I feel that franzy could be used against me quite easily, it doesn't really take much to mess up a frenzied army).

I also see your point about taking out the extra Knight, I constructed this list with a fellow player and he was assuing me that 6 knights in the unit would be better than just 5 for victory points reasons (needing to kill 3 rather than 2, I don't really see the point to be perfectly honest).

I shall take your advice on board and edit my list a little to be a bit more suiting (maybe Chaos rune sword on my exalted general perhaps?)

Kalec
04-11-2008, 14:02
Read the chaos book rules for the BSB. There are no limits on his equipment, so give him whatever you want.

Also, since EVERY OTHER BOOK has a clause that specifically prohibits the BSB from being the general, we can quite reasonably infer that such a clause is necessary to prohibit the BSB from being the general, and that since the WoC book lacks such a clause, then a WoC BSB can be the general. The only other interpretation is that every rule book except this one has the same superfluous sentence in it.

dsw1
04-11-2008, 14:22
Read the chaos book rules for the BSB. There are no limits on his equipment, so give him whatever you want.

Also, since EVERY OTHER BOOK has a clause that specifically prohibits the BSB from being the general, we can quite reasonably infer that such a clause is necessary to prohibit the BSB from being the general, and that since the WoC book lacks such a clause, then a WoC BSB can be the general. The only other interpretation is that every rule book except this one has the same superfluous sentence in it.

I have just checked and you are indeed correct about the lack of rules about a chaos BSB.

For the first point you made, I assumed it was like 6th edition in the sense of if you are carrying a bsb, you can not possibly use 2 handed weapons, but I can not find such a passage in the BRB or the WOC book. I think if it has been forgotten, then when the FAQ comes out it will be changed to this.

As for the comment on BSB's being able to be general, the BRB states:

An army's battle standard is usually carried by a character model who can't normally be the general model itself

What I interpret this passage as is "The BSB can not be the army general unless otherwise stated", meaning it can't be general. I know it does not state this that you can't make him general in the WOC book, but it also doesn't say you can either, thus it is safer to assume that you can't. Logically, you shouldn't be able to anyway, if you look at every other army, there is only 1 lord (not a special character) that can be the general and BSB, and that model has a special rule saying it can be the BSB and General.

g0ddy
04-11-2008, 21:18
The current trend starting with the Greenskin book (black orc armed to the teef' BSB's) has been that the equipment limitions have been dropped intentionally - as part of GW's desire to make BSB's more feasible. This is not something that was "leftout" and later "fixed" in a FAQ...

~ zilla

blackjack
04-11-2008, 22:30
I think you have a near perfect army here. My only complaint is that your own dogs will clog your lines of charge for your knights due to sheer numbers.

I think mounted Chaos will prove to be very tourney worthy.