PDA

View Full Version : DoC anvils -- Best point values.

MarcoPollo
03-11-2008, 23:09
So I am wondering about Demonic anvils. I am currently investing in two units of slaanesh with the banner of ecstasy, and one unit of plague bearers.

In my opinion, having a small 10-12 demonette unit is better at holding a charge (with a BSB close by) than a bigger unit of 16-20 plague bearer unit with BSB close by. You can expect both units to hold, but with stubborn, the demonettes can be flanked and still survive.

And I know the siren song upgrade is good, but what about the etherblade instead. Atleast the herald can hurt armor then.

Are there any other anvils in the DoC line that do a good job for their points in that category?

sulla
04-11-2008, 01:59
10 daemonettes with excstacy banner is what I use. I wouldn't use a herald in daemonettes ever though. t3 and no armour means she can be beaten by unit champs. If you insist on using one, play her in a mounted daemonette unit or joined to some fiends.

Sevor
04-11-2008, 03:44
I've found that PB's are really only truly effective with a herald OR with a BSB nearby. Kind of discouraging as I thought that's what they were designed for...maybe I'm missing something?

MarcoPollo
04-11-2008, 05:38
Is the siren song a good trick to pull? The opponent can choose to flee instead. It seems to me that you'd need a unit to cause crossfire get in behind them. And it requires the herald to use up 25 pts of space. Sounds like this upgrade would be better suited for a DP or a GD that has alot of room for upgrades.

I am trying to run a MSU demon force. Perhaps, I should keep my characters to 3 instead of 4. And create a few more units in it's stead?

sulla
04-11-2008, 07:10
Is the siren song a good trick to pull? The opponent can choose to flee instead. It seems to me that you'd need a unit to cause crossfire get in behind them. And it requires the herald to use up 25 pts of space. Sounds like this upgrade would be better suited for a DP or a GD that has alot of room for upgrades.

You're absolutely right, siren song works a lot better with either a flying daemon prince or a KoS. They can use their manouverability to pick out high value targets that will lose to them. With a herald, you run the risk of sacrificing her and her unit (not cheap) since both she and her unit are so fragile vs anything other than light infantry/skirmishers.