PDA

View Full Version : I cant believe someone actualy posted this!

Jonathan =I=
27-04-2005, 15:28
Well I was having a look at the GW bourds when I noticed this great titbit of information :rolleyes:

In the Terminator enrty it says that they have a 2+ save. no were does it say that the have Terminator aroumr, so they dont have a 5+ iv save, cant move and fire heavy weapons and can persue.

acording to the rules you only get these if you buy Terminator aroumr from the wargere section and normal Terminators havent.

so what do you think about this new and army changeing peice of knowlegle?

Makes you happy your on Portent doesent it?

Gaebriel
27-04-2005, 15:41
Some people seem to have too much time at their hands :p

And I was always of the opinion that including the save into the statline was a bad idea...

Wraith
27-04-2005, 15:44
Makes you happy your on Portent doesent it?

I've seen similar, but in regards to the fluff -- on one site a group of individuals had actually come to the conclusion that it was an 'official fact' that the Tau are genetically Necrontyr created (for some reason) by the Old Ones... yeah, I'm glad I'm on Portent.

charlie_c67
27-04-2005, 15:49
Give the guy a dunce cap. Sheesh!

Ouroboros
27-04-2005, 19:05
So this guy's either a rules lawyer or a ***** of legendary proportions, oh wait there's no difference. Don't you just love 'em.

Dink: Terminators don't really have terminator armour, it says so right in the rules! Hey stop throwing chaos dreadnoughts at me!

Darius Rhiannon
27-04-2005, 19:27
Pah that is nothing take a look at this 3 page thread on dakka
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakka/Default.aspx?tabid=27&g=posts&t=5826

It branched off from another thread...

Sigh... Dakka...Dakka...Dakka

Sojourner
27-04-2005, 19:27
Heh. Now that's some lawyering.

Ouroboros
27-04-2005, 20:26
I was actually going to say something in my original post about how in a den of willful stupidity and unapologetic powergaming like DakkaDakka.com this crap would probably generate a multi page thread. You know with people actually thinking this was something legitimately vague and unclear that they could use in their next desperate effort to win toy soldiers at all costs. I held off however, figuring that such a comment would be unfairly insulting even to DakkaDakka. I mean surely no one even on that forum is so devoid of common sense and personal judegment as to actually be unable to figure out that terminators do infact wear the armour that is named after them without the studio explicitly spoon-feeding their ridiculous ass that fact.

Alas seems once again I give too much credit.

boogle
27-04-2005, 21:26
what a bunch of sad knackers, and they call us Portenters sad!!!

Hortwerth
27-04-2005, 21:37
I read a few first posts in this thread on Dakka and it seems that all the "debate" is about proving that you can't read the rules to the letter.

Such formulated goal of the "problem" seems reasonable (you have to be mad not to understand that "Terminator wears Terminator Armour")

It is just the fact how seriously some other people are treating this (silly by definition) rules problem that makes me shiver with terror on the general population's IQ.

It shows that there are quite a few mad people (and you have to be mad, retarded, dumb, subversive* to post such a thing on a GW board)

* - choose how many you like and/or add your own

Khaine's Messenger
27-04-2005, 21:42
Actually quite a few posts in that dakka thread are along the lines of some of the posts I've seen here....some of the others look like an argument on how to make a logical argument, which is deviating from the topic a bit much. Poor Dakka....

Gregorus
27-04-2005, 21:50
look at this from the other side- after having a few such threads on the GW forums it would (ewentually anyways) make them relase idiot-proof codices.

boogle
27-04-2005, 21:52
that'll be mainly down to the elite clique they have there, the ones that run us down when the original Portent went down (Russ is a good man though)

Inflammable
27-04-2005, 22:01
This is proof that people really can't think for themselves, they follow the holy codex to the word.

Kargos Bloodspit
27-04-2005, 22:24
They should put system requirements on all boxes of GW product.

"Requires the following:

Common Sense

"

anarchistica
27-04-2005, 22:51
*sniff*

I smell...noobs. :rolleyes: (not you AF)

Could you boys please stop this childish name-calling? Really, i don't think lowering yourself to the likes of warpers and the handful of kids on dakka helps (y)our reputation.

The discussion they are having is, obviously (to me at least :rolleyes: ), all in good fun but with a serious undertone; GW fails to produce books without hugely obvious errors or oversights. After all this time, they still stick to a curious "use common sense" doctrine, while often common sense can be found in both sides of an argument and, even worse, there are tournaments held with their rules. Expensive, time-consuming tournaments attended by people who like to perform with their armies (i.e. be sad cheesemongers ;)). If you want to do anything official, you should have official rules for this. Can you imagine what a mess football for instance would be if it were open to interpretation how far a ball has to cross the line to count as a goal? It doesn't work, and the thread on Dakka is obviously yet another attempt to tell GW this.

Oh, and if you weren't on WPS in 2002/early 2003, you're a bloody noob who's opinion holds no value anyway. ;)

Kargos Bloodspit
27-04-2005, 23:02
The discussion they are having is, obviously (to me at least :rolleyes: ), all in good fun but with a serious undertone; GW fails to produce books without hugely obvious errors or oversights. After all this time, they still stick to a curious "use common sense" doctrine, while often common sense can be found in both sides of an argument and, even worse, there are tournaments held with their rules. Expensive, time-consuming tournaments attended by people who like to perform with their armies (i.e. be sad cheesemongers ;)). If you want to do anything official, you should have official rules for this. Can you imagine what a mess football for instance would be if it were open to interpretation how far a ball has to cross the line to count as a goal? It doesn't work, and the thread on Dakka is obviously yet another attempt to tell GW this.

Yes, I suppose you have a point Anar. But you have to make sure that everyone knows that they're only theorising. Common sense indicates otherwise and it was merely an oversight that anyone would think otherwise. Yes, it does indicate ignorance towards new people within the rules that might not necessarily make the relation as veterans would, which is an extreme negative point for GW especially since they said they were going towards a more "newbie" friendly system.

The Inedible
28-04-2005, 01:27
"Common sense" works if two people are trying to play the game, it doesn't work if two people are giving themselves strokes trying to win at the game. Calm down and enjoy it for once is all I have to say, if the man/woman across the table from you really wants to nitpick, don't play them because it's no fun then. Admittedly this can be tough for tournies but that's what judges are for. In short, GW doesn't have the tightest rules but the game is still fun if you aren't out there clashing with your opponent about all the words printed (or missing) from the rulebooks.

Getz
28-04-2005, 04:07
Well I don't care what anyone else says. I hung around on Dakka while Portent was Dead and I'm afraid I found most of their regulars to be unfriendly, self opinionated asswipes.

oatish
28-04-2005, 04:31
Well, I guess the moral of the story is never to go into the Kiddie Pens (GW forums).

oatish

VanHel
28-04-2005, 04:47
*curls into a fetal position*

twisted_mentat
28-04-2005, 05:52
So if Terminators don't have Terminator armor, then the models violate WYSIWYG....

AngelofSorrow
28-04-2005, 06:11
FOR THE EMPERORS SAKE THERE IS EVEN PICTURES OF THEM IN THE ARMOR.
I'm gonna drop pod down and personally use my bolter to settle this argument.
lol

Brimstone
28-04-2005, 06:39
Could you boys please stop this childish name-calling? Really, i don't think lowering yourself to the likes of warpers and the handful of kids on dakka helps (y)our reputation.

Consider this good piece of advice seconded and carved into stone.

I think this thread has gone on long enough, Terminators wear terminator armour it's as simple as that.