PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Tournament High elves

Armilthuan
04-11-2008, 08:25
Hiya all...

A new tournament is closing and it is something different this time. 1500 points.

So I decided to make a shoot 'em up and smack 'em up list.

Heroes:

Noble
Reaver Bow
Gem of Courage
Heavy Armour
Great Weapon
Shield

Mage
Dispell Scroll
Dispell Scroll

Core:

10 Archers
Musican

10 Archers
Musican

14 Lothern Seagaurd
Shields

Special:

7 Swordmasters

14 White Lions
Full Command
Lion Banner

Tiranoc Chariot

Lion Chariot

Rare:

RBT

RBT

General tactic will be to prioritize nasty things and shoot it untill it is riddled with arrows and drops to the ground or so seriously weakened it proves no match to a chariot charge.

The Commander can either sit with the White Lions or the Lothern Seagaurd.

The Mage will either sit with the Lothern Seagaurd (if not occupied by the Commander) or one of the archers.

Is this a good idea or no?

Mullitron
04-11-2008, 11:17
I would suggest adding some units that can march block. An eagle or shadow warriors for example. That way you can slow down your opponents march towards your line allowing you to get a few more shots in and control what hits your line. Also you may face a gunline list thats better at shooting than yours. In this situation you can use your scouts to reduce the effectivness of the enemy shooting.

Armilthuan
04-11-2008, 11:45
I would suggest adding some units that can march block. An eagle or shadow warriors for example. That way you can slow down your opponents march towards your line allowing you to get a few more shots in and control what hits your line. Also you may face a gunline list thats better at shooting than yours. In this situation you can use your scouts to reduce the effectivness of the enemy shooting.

The first draft included an Eagle, but I realised that we only have two Rare choices at less than 2000 points. Makes sense though, but I thought it was three. Alas, it is either an Eagle or 2 RBT.

I have thought about Shadow Warriors, and while they have their strenghts, I'm just not good enough at playing them, also I think they don't hit that very hard, Combat and shooting wise. I'd prefer the Tiranoc Chariot as it can also threaten enemy support units. No Fast cavalry or other small unit in their right mind would sit in front of a Tiranoc Chariot.

The only shooting I fear is that of the Wood Elves. Dwarves have fallen to me time and time again. They also don't have that much War Machines as usual, which are harder to take out with shooting, so I can concentrate my fire on the Quarrelers and Thunderers.

But I thank you for your tips anyway. Do you prehaps have any other ideas for marchblock?

Armilthuan
04-11-2008, 12:00
Double post. Please remove