PDA

View Full Version : Warriors of Chaos Cavalry list (1000pts)

Nicha11
05-11-2008, 04:46
This is my first try at a WOC list, i'm going for something fast and hopefully
"dead killy".

Exalted of Khorne riding juggernaught with halberd and regeneration.

190pts

5 Marauder cavalry with mark of Tzeentch and flails
105pts

105pts

105pts

5 hounds
30pts

5 hounds
30pts

5 Nurgle Knights with standard bearer
250pts

3 Khorne Ogres with chaos armour and great weapons
180pts

total 1004pts

Any advice is greately appreciated :):):)

Edit: Army list has been changed based on advice given

ElectronicToyOrchestra
05-11-2008, 06:35
i think you have the right idea with the cavalry force, should be quick and hard hitting... though i think the hounds are a bit over rated but are good for getting rid of the enemies RB

lcfr
05-11-2008, 13:19
Drop the sorceror, give your exalted a flail or something hitty, and buy yourself a a fat unit of Ogres or a unit of 3 DOs w/the points gained from dropping the sorceror.

Heckus
05-11-2008, 13:31
Exalted of Khorne riding juggernaught with enchanted shield and regeneration.
(-2 armour save in close combat!).
190pts

Wouldn't be a -1 armor save? You don't get the bonus to armor save for "Hand weapon and shield" if you're mounted.

woody
05-11-2008, 15:57
he's got an enchanted shield Heckus, gets the extra save from that.

g0ddy
05-11-2008, 16:26
4-3-2 = -1

~zilla

woody
05-11-2008, 16:44
oh yeah, you make a good point, my bad.
cant count today for some reason.

popisdead
05-11-2008, 18:32
Mark of Slaanesh is better for Fast Cav.

MoN will do little for Chaos knights.

o0-NattyMcFatty-0o
05-11-2008, 18:42
Would your marauders really, really benefit that much from a 6+ ward save. They may benefit more from another mark (either mark of khorne to make them more hitty or mark of slaanesh so they don't run away unless you want them to) Apart from that, I quite like this list although, is your sorcerer un mounted or did you forget to type in the horse?also you are a little lacking in magical defence.

dsw1
05-11-2008, 18:55
Mark of Slaanesh is better for Fast Cav.

MoN will do little for Chaos knights.

I agree with your first point, Mark of Slannesh seems to be very good this time around (well it always was for mortals) but I MUST disagree with you on your second point.

Mark of Nurgle is perfect on Knights, more so than the other marks. I mean you will be getting heroes to hit you on 4's a lot of the time meaning if you run into a s7 character, you will receive less wounds, It also makes it easier to kill normal rank and file units.

Take a unit of Orc boyz, instead of them receiving more more attacks against your knights (4's then 4's due to choppers), they will be hitting you on 5's which drastically changes a chance that they have of giving you a wound (how ever unlikely that may be).

It also means that you hit more units on 3's (even most elite units) PLUS it covers you from shooting from all but the toughest war machines (cannons and auto hit ones)... Kinda.

o0-NattyMcFatty-0o
05-11-2008, 19:15
I agree with your first point, Mark of Slannesh seems to be very good this time around (well it always was for mortals) but I MUST disagree with you on your second point.

Mark of Nurgle is perfect on Knights, more so than the other marks. I mean you will be getting heroes to hit you on 4's a lot of the time meaning if you run into a s7 character, you will receive less wounds, It also makes it easier to kill normal rank and file units.

Take a unit of Orc boyz, instead of them receiving more more attacks against your knights (4's then 4's due to choppers), they will be hitting you on 5's which drastically changes a chance that they have of giving you a wound (how ever unlikely that may be).

It also means that you hit more units on 3's (even most elite units) PLUS it covers you from shooting from all but the toughest war machines (cannons and auto hit ones)... Kinda.

I totally agree with you on the MoN on chaos knights but orc boyz are WS 4 (aren't they, or is that just 40k) so even at WS 3 they will still be on 4's to hit the knights. Your WS has to be double+1 compared to your opponents or better for them to hit on 5's.

o0-NattyMcFatty-0o
05-11-2008, 19:17
I hope I haven' just made a complete **** of myself with that Ws comment, If i have, I apologize dsw1

o0-NattyMcFatty-0o
05-11-2008, 19:19
I hope I haven't just made a complete **** of myself by getting an orc boyz ws wrong. If I have I apologize to dsw1

Bun Bun
05-11-2008, 19:22
Exalted of Khorne riding juggernaught with enchanted shield and regeneration.

(-2 armour save in close combat!).

190pts

Enchanted Shield and Crown of Everlasting Conquest (Regerenation) that comes to 65pts...Hmmmm I think you are 15pts over your 50pt magic item limit there my friend. ;)

BB :cool:

dsw1
05-11-2008, 19:29
I totally agree with you on the MoN on chaos knights but orc boyz are WS 4 (aren't they, or is that just 40k) so even at WS 3 they will still be on 4's to hit the knights. Your WS has to be double+1 compared to your opponents or better for them to hit on 5's.

I think they are Ws3, it was just an example, I mean I could pluck out quite a few others from other armies (ogres hitting on 5s, Empire and brets core units etc), so they will be ws2 vs Knights ws5.

I dunno though :) I hope I haven't gotten it wrong either :D

Nicha11
05-11-2008, 19:48
I've changed the list abit, and i actually like it more now.

@Bun Bun

thanks for pointing out my mistake it was pretty dumb of me.