PDA

View Full Version : Skaven - Life is Cheap rule

knightime98
05-11-2008, 10:21
Simple question that needs a bit of further consideration - possibly a better explanation.
Skaven book says that if you fire into combat that you hit your intended target on 4+ - That is straight forward.
It says, that on a 1-3 that it is determined "randomly" amongst the combatants...
This is my question - So, essentially - If I am reading this correctly, assuming one skaven unit vs. one enemy unit that the skaven player really has a 75% chance of hitting his intended target..
The first roll, if 4-6 (50%)
if you roll 1-3 then you randomize again giving another 50/50 split.

Am I missing something here or is that right?

Griefbringer
05-11-2008, 11:34
It says, that on a 1-3 that it is determined "randomly" amongst the combatants...

Actually, what it says is that you randomise amongst units in combat with the original target.

This was further clarified in the FAQ to exclude the original target.

theunwantedbeing
05-11-2008, 12:12
You randomise to see if you hit the target, then you randomise bewteen the remaining units.

It's quite clear.
On a 1-3 the hit is resolved randomly against a unit in combat with the target
On a 4-6 the hit is resolved against the intended target.

It's easy enough to misread though.

knightime98
06-11-2008, 09:48
Thanks for the update. After re-reading for the ump teenth time, it is clear. I missed the last part of against and in combat with.. bit...

EvC
06-11-2008, 11:30
Yeah, it is clear, but soooooooo many Skaven players have managed to conveniently misread it (and ignore the FAQ as well) in my time. Even a judge at a big tournament sided with my Skaven opponent!