PDA

View Full Version : New rules for Chimera and Valkyrie revealed-Duplicate-CLOSED

Lord Cook
05-11-2008, 16:40
Full credit to Wolf Scout Ewan for revealing it to me, but Forgeworld has just released an update for Imperial Armour Volume 2 (Space Marines and Inquisition) to bring their rules for Marines in line with the new SM codex. However thankfully the Inquisition uses chimeras and valkyries, because they got new rules too ;).

Link. (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/pdf/ia2-update.pdf)

Notice that chimeras are 55 points, with multilaser, heavy bolter, smoke launchers and searchlight all included. Autocannons and twin-linked heavy bolters as options, and heavy stubbers are slightly cheaper too. As for special rules, we've got:

"Amphibious" (still don't think I've ever used that)
"Mobile Command Vehicle"
"Armoured Firebase"

I approve of these new rules :cool:.

x-esiv-4c
05-11-2008, 16:42
Curious as to see what armoured firebase does for you.

shutupSHUTUP!!!
05-11-2008, 16:47
Hmm I wonder what makes camo netting worth 20 points?

Chimera are 34 pts cheaper with the same equipment (excluding extra armour), meaning that for every two Chimeras you already own you can have another Chimera with points to spare.

Points reduction of valkyrire implies it is, indeed in the new dex.

Lord Cook
05-11-2008, 16:53
Hmm I wonder what makes camo netting worth 20 points?

Possibly a vehicular version of cameleoline, so +1 to all cover saves?

Count de Monet
05-11-2008, 17:01
Nice. I don't know if those extra special rules (whatever they are) will carry over to regular IG Chimeras, but the price drop is definitely needed.

Joewrightgm
05-11-2008, 17:23
I think they just made Steel Legion a more frightening possibility.

t-tauri
05-11-2008, 17:26
This is already under discussion in both the IG and Forgeworld rumour threads. We don't need a third. Thread closed.