PDA

View Full Version : FOC for Elysian D99 list?

Samurai33
06-11-2008, 10:32
Gents,

Could anyone confirm that the D99 army list found in IA4 has the same amount of slots in their FOC as everywhere else?
Normally FW is pretty clear on this (IA3 and others), but in IA4 when describing the D99 usage in games, there is no mention of FOC.

I just don't want to start building a force only to discover it's not valid for play.

Thanks for any input.

Firstborn
06-11-2008, 11:10
Of course they do.

boogle
06-11-2008, 18:27
Firstborn, no need to be so arrogant with your reply.

Samurai - yes they follow the normal FOC, it's a highly highly elite force by IG standards, i easily made 1500 points without adding any Flyers at all.

To keep it in keeping with their background i would have an Inquisitor Lord attached to them as your 2nd HQ choice

Lord Cook
07-11-2008, 00:23
To keep it in keeping with their background i would have an Inquisitor Lord attached to them as your 2nd HQ choice

In keeping with their background as a Guard force, it would be highly unlikely for an Inquisitor to be with them. The Anphelion incident was only an isolated occurrence after all.

Leftenant Gashrog
07-11-2008, 02:42
In keeping with their background as a Guard force, it would be highly unlikely for an Inquisitor to be with them. The Anphelion incident was only an isolated occurrence after all.

Except that the fluff at the start of the D-99 list clearly states that D-99 was the codename the unit acquired when it was inducted into Inquisitorial service(where it has remained ever since) so D-99 is by definition an Inquisitorial asset, not Guard.

Lord Cook
07-11-2008, 07:11
--Runs off to check--

So it is. Apologies.

Samurai33
07-11-2008, 07:14
Thanks for the info.

I am aware that the D99 force was an inquisitorial asset, but I was planning to use the list to create my own Elite Elysian force (Like a recon/pathfinder platoon attached to a regular Elysian regiment).
Hopefully this will not be too outrageous fluffwise..I just don't want to play a force that is destined to be nid snack.

Firstborn
07-11-2008, 09:12
D-99 ARE Tyranid Snacks. They all died on Amphilian IV. There are other such biologically adjusted units out there though. Just call it Charlie 99 instead of Delta, and you're good to do. :p

boogle
07-11-2008, 12:02
Thanks for the info.

I am aware that the D99 force was an inquisitorial asset, but I was planning to use the list to create my own Elite Elysian force (Like a recon/pathfinder platoon attached to a regular Elysian regiment).
Hopefully this will not be too outrageous fluffwise..I just don't want to play a force that is destined to be nid snack.

Sounds good to me, but to be honest, if you want to go down that route, use the IA3 list and load up on Veterans from the elites section, that way you get to do both in 1 army

Samurai33
07-11-2008, 12:47
Yeah, I was thinking of eventually getting there, but in order to get a playable force a bit quicker and cheaper, the D99 list seems like a good way to go. The only thing I am missing from the original list is the option to field mortars.