PDA

View Full Version : *OFFICIAL THREAD* Warhammer Realms: Lustria

Compyraptor
17-03-2005, 22:01
I'm not sure if I'm authorised to do this, if not then Mods please delete this thread.

Right now that Portent's having a new fresh start, I reckon we should make official threads for all upcoming projects and the like to save us from a dozen threads of the same thing popping up. So this will be the official thread for Warhammer Realms: Lustria.

To begin with a nice new image for us all taken from the GW forums. Tehenhauin, the Prophet of Sotek.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/scottishrocket/tenehuin.jpg

And here we shall make a list of everything we know.

New rules for jungle fighting
Two new lists: Sotek Lizardmen and Clan Pestilens
Updates for Pirazzo's Lost Legionnaires and the Skink Riders (maybe in a WD)
Scenarios detailing the Rise of Sotek
Some pics (thanks to Sgt. Keel): http://www.dysartes.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2031
More pics (thanks to Boogle): http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakka/Default.aspx?tabid=27&g=posts&t=4504
The two armies require their special characters
Marco Colombo is rumoured to have a UK release with new rules

Sotek Lizardmen:
New Cold One riders
Weapon of the Old Ones - some form of stone thrower on top of a new monster (might be a conversion)
4 new Skink Chief models
Special Character: Tehenhauin
New unit: Red Crested Skinks

Clan Pestilens:
Plastic Plague Monks
Plastic Plague Censor Bearers
Plastic Rat Ogres
Plastic Pack Masters
Maybe Giant Rats
Cauldron of a Thousand Poxes
Special Character: Nurglitch on top of a giant rat creature
New Unit: Pus Bags - some form of Skaven Slaves
Rat Ogres will have frenzy and will be packmasterless

There's much much more, but I can't remember right now. I'll add more stuff as we learn and remember facts for Warhammer Realms: Lustria.

advinius
17-03-2005, 22:18
I just had a game against the Pestilens list a few days ago. It was right around 1500 points. One of the more amusing units were what my opponent refered to as "pus-bags" (not sure if its a actual name or a term he made up). Think Skavenslaves, only cheaper. Only problem is a smallish random number of them die at the end of each Skaven move phase! It was kinda amusing, we were almost betting on how many would drop!

My empire army fared ok against them, but had my opponent made one or two different decisions tactically, or if some of my flee rolls and rally checks not panned out, I think it could have been nasty.

The list seems pretty balanced. Lots of frenzy, and apparently you can have censer bearers roaming on their own, but they lose some toys too, so it's by no means unbeatable.

In all it was a lot of fun, and I look forward to getting another game in.

skavenguy13
18-03-2005, 03:23
here's what I know:

plastic Moulder box:
I barely saw Rat-Ogres
probably giant rats
probably packmasters

plastic pestilens box:
plastic plague monks
probably enough parts to make censer bearers

the bataillon will either contain:
clanrats, Moulder, Pestilens, Eshin
OR
clanrats X 2, Moulder, Pestilens

Have you seen yet that there's gonna be almost 1 plastic box per clan. Actually, these are the 4 mainstay units (as clanrats are mainstay for Skryre). This said, I think there will be an Eshin box in the bataillon.

Also, most of you guys already saw Nurglich with 3 censer bearers and a Not-So-Plague-Lord. :p

I don't want to show pics here as I don't have the URLs and I don't want to overuse Portent :o

Sorry for HE/LM players, I play Skaven :cool:

jmurph
18-03-2005, 06:47
Hey, anything that encourages army lists other than the SAD list is cool bey me.

Anyone know if these lists will be like SOC, IE legal for tournaments?

Avian
18-03-2005, 09:00
The problem is that they require a Special character, and so will not be tournament legal because of that (unless you, like me, ignore that restriction in your tournies).

Rohirrim
18-03-2005, 10:52
According to a poster on the GW boards, there is no Lost Legion, Skink Raiders, or undead pirates in the book.

NetGuru
18-03-2005, 11:55
According to a poster on the GW boards, there is no Lost Legion, Skink Raiders, or undead pirates in the book.

Well in WD a few months back they said that there is going to be Lost Legion and Skink Raiders, altough i've always felt that Undead pirates were a long shot..

So perhaps they've dropped Lost Legion (because i've yet to see any pictures) and Skink Raiders?

Frecus
18-03-2005, 11:57
Erm, you trust the posters on the GW boards?

From what I could see in WD there are new plague censers, plastic monks & rat ogres for the skaven...

Frecus
The glade wanderer
Madwarrior

skavenguy13
18-03-2005, 13:19
anyone has some URL with pics???

Sgt John Keel
18-03-2005, 13:38
anyone has some URL with pics???

Will this do?

http://www.dysartes.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2031

/Adrian

boogle
18-03-2005, 18:28
anyoine have any more info on the 'Pus Bags', they sound really cool

nurgle_boy
18-03-2005, 19:28
i dont know if anyones notices, but in the first picture, you can se the plastic rat ogres, and in the 3rd picture, the sprue at the bottem looks like it could be plastic giant rat sprue....

75hastings69
18-03-2005, 19:40
I said ages ago that plastic rat ogre were coming, and certain people (who shall not be named but know who they are :p ) said that it was untrue.

Also in the first picture is that the "Weapon of the Old Ones" (and could it be mounted on the back of a large plastic dinosaur as i said months ago?) ;)

Really glad this is back up and running :)

jmurph
18-03-2005, 20:01
The problem is that they require a Special character, and so will not be tournament legal because of that (unless you, like me, ignore that restriction in your tournies).

So kinda like the Crom and Archaon lists, hmm? Too bad as most tournaments don't allow special characters.

Has anyone else seen the persistant rumor that that Weapon of the Gods is actually a conversion, not a new model?

Compyraptor
18-03-2005, 20:48
For some reason, I seem to like the new Sotek Lizardmen list more and more. And with that cool new looking monster (Acronodon or something ??) and lots of nice new Skinks I might actually start collecting the Lizardmen (:eek: a servant of Tzeentch collecting the Creations of the Old Ones !!).

BoosterX
18-03-2005, 21:12
So kinda like the Crom and Archaon lists, hmm? Too bad as most tournaments don't allow special characters.

Has anyone else seen the persistant rumor that that Weapon of the Gods is actually a conversion, not a new model?

Actually in GW GT's Special characters are allowed. WHFB isn't the same as 40K where you need opponent permission.

It's been confirmed over at Dakka that the Weapon of the Gods is a conversion.

75hastings69
18-03-2005, 21:46
I really hope that the weapon isn't a conversion especially after the GW statement that they make rules for models and not the other way around, which seems a pretty ludicrous statement considering the recent Deamonic Legions army for SoC, so i guess chances are that it wont be a general release. Which is a shame as i'd definately have bought a few. :(

SlaaneshSlave
19-03-2005, 00:33
That photo of the Weapon of the Gods is from the newest WD in the article hyping up the forthcoming Lustria book. It is not a conversion. They wouldn't hype up a model that doesn't exist.

KDP Morgoth
19-03-2005, 00:59
That photo of the Weapon of the Gods is from the newest WD in the article hyping up the forthcoming Lustria book. It is not a conversion. They wouldn't hype up a model that doesn't exist.

Tyranid Tim posted on the DakkaDakka forums that the Weapon of the Old Ones actually IS a conversion. :(

You can find the post here:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakka/Default.aspx?tabid=27&g=posts&t=4261&p=1

SlaaneshSlave
19-03-2005, 22:38
Despite the posting of Mr. Tim, I find it hard to believe the model GW is promoting will not be for sale.

Reabe
20-03-2005, 00:36
Despite the posting of Mr. Tim, I find it hard to believe the model GW is promoting will not be for sale.

Personly, the model looks so great that my hands are reaching for my wallet of their own acord! I don't even play Lizardmen, aswell! :D

Rabid Bunny 666
20-03-2005, 00:45
look children! ranked up skinks!

it can't be a conversion, thats not a carnosaur body, if it is, the list may turn out to be like the SOC ones, nooooooooooo!

Reabe
20-03-2005, 00:51
It's the body of a Great Karlock or something, isn't it? :confused:

Rabid Bunny 666
20-03-2005, 01:03
wouldn't think so, looks slimmer

boogle
20-03-2005, 02:08
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakka/Default.aspx?tabid=27&g=posts&t=4504, new Skaven, High Elves and Lizardmen (credit to Jean Francois) for those and also the link to the advance order pages for Warhammer Realms Lustria: http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakka/Default.aspx?tabid=27&g=posts&t=4491 (credit to hammerofulric)

Inquisitor DreaxIV
20-03-2005, 02:30
Well done! those pictures are awesome and have confirmed my future with skaven...

The skinks are looking pretty good as well especially the shaman at the bottom with the feather cloak.

High Elves are looking alright but i havnt seen enough of them for me to make a proper oppinion about them

boogle
20-03-2005, 03:16
i have load of sprues as i've said, but i have a lot of Skyre stuff there and i don't want to go down that route, at this moment i'm undecided as to whether to go with an Eshin Army from the SOC book or wait until Lustria comes out and do a Pestilens army, or maybe even a Moulder Army, choice choices

Rabid Bunny 666
20-03-2005, 03:23
skinks with sickles and shields, intersting, heroes or a new unit type maybe?

boogle
20-03-2005, 03:25
could be just generic heroes

Rabid Bunny 666
20-03-2005, 03:50
maybe, but skinks need more units, apart from skirmishers, chamelions, terradons, stegadons and salamanders. maybe horned ones?

boogle
20-03-2005, 03:51
they may get the Southlands Cohorts as well as Horned Ones

Rabid Bunny 666
20-03-2005, 04:01
well, the pic of ranked up skinks does hint that

Darius Rhiannon
20-03-2005, 05:09
Spanish Website has a Lustria Page. The first Lustria page I think.

Here is the link to a picture.

Also is that Marco Colombo in the centre of the Picture?
If it is I think he has also appeared one of the last WD's (UK version) but that photo is from a rear angel.

http://www.games-workshop.es/warhammer/campanas/lustria/index.asp
I wish I coul read spanish

boogle
20-03-2005, 05:12
just says 'The Conquest of the New World' i believe, maybe we'll see Marco Released in the UK and Rules in WD for him

Inquisitor DreaxIV
20-03-2005, 09:25
The new skinks with sickles and shields are the cheiftans i think... I cant be sure on that tho

Does the 'Engine of the Gods' remind anyone of something in Star Wars episode 1??

Ethereal Alpaca
20-03-2005, 09:57
Yeah, I was thinking that...

Here is the stuff I posted up on the liferaft a day or so ago, in case anyone missed it:

The battalion sets will be available over a three-month release period, beginning with the High Elf Set in April 05, then the Skaven and Lizardmen in subsequent months. The book itself is set for release in May 05 and support materials will cover White Dwarf issues 305, 306 and 307

Special Character V Finubar the Seafarer (many centuries before he becomes the Phoenix King) no figure but rules!!!

Nurglitch, Arch Plague Lord of Clan Pestilens. with model

Tehenhauin. Detailed history and stats for the Prophet of Sotek

Red-crested Skinks

X High Elf Bolt Thrower & Crew V Plastic box set
X High Elf Battalion V Plastic box set
X Skaven Plague Monks V Plastic box set
X Skaven Clan Moulder (Rat Ogres/Giant Rats/Rat packs) V Plastic box set
X Skaven Battalion V Plastic box set
X Lizardman Cold One Riders V Plastic box set
X Lizardmen Battalion - Plastic
X High Elf Army set - Hybrid
X Skaven Army set - Hybrid
X Lizardmen Army set - Hybrid
X Mounted Tehenhauin, the Prophet of Sotek V Metal box set
X Saurus General on Cold One V Metal blister
X Old Ones war machine V Metal box set
X Nurglitch - Metal blister
X Skaven Plague Lords V Metal blister
X Skaven Censer Bearers V Metal blister
X High Elf Generals V Metal blister
X High Elf Mage V Metal blister

What a guy who says he's read the book says:
"Neat stuff in the new Skaven list:"

Frenzied, packmasterless, rank and file Rat ogres, frenzied rat packs, Rat Spawn (just like chaos spawn), Frenzied Clanrats and slaves.

They kept the Festering Chantor, but he is upgradeable to level 2 now.

There is also a Lord level version of the Chantor, But he is lvl3 and also knows Plague!

There are Plastic Rat Orge, Plague Monks, Giant Rats, and Packmasters.

There are NEW metal Censer Bearers, as well as Nurglitch(the picture posted as a rumour is the REAL nurglitch)

From what i read the Cauldron may not have a real model. The only picture was on the last page and read like it may have been a custom model.

Anyway it looks very exciting. Time to buy some big movement trays for for rat ogres. "

Battalion box contents:
2 Clanrats regiment box set
1 Plague Monks box set
1 Rat Ogre/Giant Rat/Packmaster box set.

Compyraptor
20-03-2005, 11:31
Hmm well if that list is true Ethereal I guess that means the Weapon of the Old Ones will be available for retail. I really don't want it to be a conversion, I just love that model. I don't play Lizardmen, but that model is making me want to collect the lizzies.

Thanks for those pics Boogle. The new Skinks chieftains look good, except for the face of the Shaman with the Feather Cloak. It's probably just the paintjob. On a different note, has anyone noticed a standard bearer in the ranked-up Skink units ?? It might be a conversion, but it might also be a nice new model.

Outcast995
20-03-2005, 13:21
i hope that new old one war machine isnt a conversoin i would love to feild that against my skaven freind and watch his jaw drop when he sees it

boogle
20-03-2005, 13:27
Yeah, I was thinking that...

Here is the stuff I posted up on the liferaft a day or so ago, in case anyone missed it:

The battalion sets will be available over a three-month release period, beginning with the High Elf Set in April 05, then the Skaven and Lizardmen in subsequent months. The book itself is set for release in May 05 and support materials will cover White Dwarf issues 305, 306 and 307

Special Character V Finubar the Seafarer (many centuries before he becomes the Phoenix King) no figure but rules!!!

Nurglitch, Arch Plague Lord of Clan Pestilens. with model

Tehenhauin. Detailed history and stats for the Prophet of Sotek

Red-crested Skinks

X High Elf Bolt Thrower & Crew V Plastic box set
X High Elf Battalion V Plastic box set
X Skaven Plague Monks V Plastic box set
X Skaven Clan Moulder (Rat Ogres/Giant Rats/Rat packs) V Plastic box set
X Skaven Battalion V Plastic box set
X Lizardman Cold One Riders V Plastic box set
X Lizardmen Battalion - Plastic
X High Elf Army set - Hybrid
X Skaven Army set - Hybrid
X Lizardmen Army set - Hybrid
X Mounted Tehenhauin, the Prophet of Sotek V Metal box set
X Saurus General on Cold One V Metal blister
X Old Ones war machine V Metal box set
X Nurglitch - Metal blister
X Skaven Plague Lords V Metal blister
X Skaven Censer Bearers V Metal blister
X High Elf Generals V Metal blister
X High Elf Mage V Metal blister

What a guy who says he's read the book says:
"Neat stuff in the new Skaven list:"

Frenzied, packmasterless, rank and file Rat ogres, frenzied rat packs, Rat Spawn (just like chaos spawn), Frenzied Clanrats and slaves.

They kept the Festering Chantor, but he is upgradeable to level 2 now.

There is also a Lord level version of the Chantor, But he is lvl3 and also knows Plague!

There are Plastic Rat Orge, Plague Monks, Giant Rats, and Packmasters.

There are NEW metal Censer Bearers, as well as Nurglitch(the picture posted as a rumour is the REAL nurglitch)

From what i read the Cauldron may not have a real model. The only picture was on the last page and read like it may have been a custom model.

Anyway it looks very exciting. Time to buy some big movement trays for for rat ogres. "

Battalion box contents:
2 Clanrats regiment box set
1 Plague Monks box set
1 Rat Ogre/Giant Rat/Packmaster box set.

you have said IV characters, is this goinbg to be the new way we get our GW fix :D

Stouty
20-03-2005, 13:34
I SOOOOO wanted undead pirates to come out but it doesn't look like its going to happen anytime soon (if ever).
But i do like the idea of the lustria book, similar books would be a good way to introduce new concepts without having to make a whole army book or re-write the rule book :cool: :)

boogle
20-03-2005, 13:36
if you read the rumours, there will be Zombie Pirates that Vampire Counts can take

Ethereal Alpaca
20-03-2005, 16:02
you have said IV characters, is this goinbg to be the new way we get our GW fix :D

Ignore all the ,,X and iVs, they mean nothing.

McMullet
21-03-2005, 12:09
I think that the Weapon of the Old Ones thing looks like a conversion - the actual beastie could be a modified 3 up of a cold one, or could in fact be the basis for an actual production model of the WotOO, but the trim and the weapon itself are made out of flat bits (platform and rotatey gyroscope thing) and bits of Saurus Warrior standards.

Rabid Bunny 666
21-03-2005, 12:44
wouldn't think it was a conversion, as said earlier, GW wouldn't hype up a conversion so much

McMullet
21-03-2005, 12:54
I know what you mean, it does seem pretty strange that it would appear in official material if it isn't an official model. To me though, the monster chappy looks so good (oh, so very, very good) and the weapon looks so much like a shoddy conversion made out of Saurus standards and plasticard (I could've made something similar with the contents of my own bit box) that it suggests some kind of interim conversion - perhaps the actual weapon wasn't ready in time for the photoshoot, so they cobbled this together and stuck it on top of the monster so they'd have something to go in the book.

Although frankly, I don't really mind that much, as I only want that Dinosaur to use as a Stegadon and so the quality of the weapon model is pretty irrelevant to me.

skavenguy13
21-03-2005, 13:18
wouldn't think it was a conversion, as said earlier, GW wouldn't hype up a conversion so much
OK giant
still waiting for it. I'll never play one until they release one as they told us they'd do. And I don't want the O&G one, I don't really like him (except the club)

Rabid Bunny 666
21-03-2005, 13:27
how did they hype up the OK giant?there were rumors on here, and g/w will probably release it sometime in the future, it may not even have been sculpted yet

rkunisch
21-03-2005, 13:38
If it is a conversion, it is a good one. I don't believe that it is one either, though. It wouldn't make much sense as the GW is a company that is mainly selling minis and they seldom miss an opportunity like this.

Have fun,

Rolf.

t-tauri
21-03-2005, 15:08
If it is a conversion, it is a good one. I don't believe that it is one either, though. It wouldn't make much sense as the GW is a company that is mainly selling minis and they seldom miss an opportunity like this.

It's definitely a conversion. No miniature is being released of it, though there's meant to be a conversion guide in the next WD.

Rabid Bunny 666
21-03-2005, 15:22
ok, my mistake, wonder what its made from....

Kul
21-03-2005, 16:06
Is the new machine of the old ones a conversion?
I read it was, but I'M nt sure.....
it would be soooo cool to convert it to a carnie :D

75hastings69
21-03-2005, 16:39
It's definitely a conversion. No miniature is being released of it, though there's meant to be a conversion guide in the next WD.

Abosolutely correct. I believe that the model seen here is based on a 3 up of a cold one, or one of the Forgeworld Knarloc models. Shame, as it is a really nice piece.

Then again there were some nice stuff in the SoC book, e.g. Bloodcrushers, that never got models released, so i guess i shouldn't be so surprised.

Kul
21-03-2005, 16:58
Then again there were some nice stuff in the SoC book, e.g. Bloodcrushers, that never got models released, so i guess i shouldn't be so surprised.

true, but didn't they get a conversionkit, or so?

pip64
21-03-2005, 18:15
Does anyone have anymore info on the "Rat spawn" mentioned earlier? Since if it is anything like the Chaos Spawn.. Skaven are in for a real treat :D. Plus it will give skaven a good alternative to rat swarms.

Kul
21-03-2005, 18:27
aren't they the new rat ogres?
they look pretty good :D
a bit of [nurgle-skaven]* themed :D

-K

*I remember, it was pestilens :p

75hastings69
22-03-2005, 20:54
Spoke to a guy in GW HQ today, he said the Weapon of old ones IS a conversion, the head of which is from the carnosaur model. There WILL however be an article on how to create such a creature in a future white dwarf. He also added that the new cold one riders are going to be released as a new fully plastic box set. Not sure if everyone already knows that, or if it was just me that didn't :confused: I really like the look of the new cold ones, and the skink characters, maybe i'll start a lizardmen army after all.

75hastings69
25-03-2005, 09:57
Here is a picture taken from GW Sneak Peeks of the aforementioned plastic Saurus Cold One Riders Regiment Box (although i will be surprised if it only contains 4 riders and 4 cold ones).

Sgt John Keel
28-03-2005, 21:59
Here is a picture taken from GW Sneak Peeks of the aforementioned plastic Saurus Cold One Riders Regiment Box (although i will be surprised if it only contains 4 riders and 4 cold ones).

They did so for the Dark Elves Cold One Knights, didn't they? But they are plastic, so there should be 8 to a box.

/Adrian

Crazy Harborc
29-03-2005, 01:00
I hope you're correct about 8 plastic ones in a box. I won't be surprised if it's less, disappointed, but not surprised. My gut feeling is there will be 5 or 6 in a box.

Outcast995
30-03-2005, 00:57
1. does one of the new rat orges have a gun hand?
2.im pretty sure all plastic calvery comes in sets of eight
3.Darn darn darn darn i hate Gw for showing us such a cool conversion which i will probley not have enough money or pateinence to make.
4.Does any one think the name marco colombo is a little werid (its like marco polo mixed with christopher columbus.
5.Do u guys notice those skinks look like 5th edition ones

vermintide
30-03-2005, 02:24
Yes, one of the plastic rat ogre hands is a gun hand.

Jedi152
30-03-2005, 08:15
Don't know if this has been posted, but in UK WD 304, you can see the "cauldron of 1000 poxes" in the background of one scene. Possibly a conversion since the weapon... is a conversion, and i'd never have guessed that!

Sorry, but i don't have a scanner.

Sylass
30-03-2005, 09:40
Don't know if this has been posted, but in UK WD 304, you can see the "cauldron of 1000 poxes" in the background of one scene. Possibly a conversion since the weapon... is a conversion, and i'd never have guessed that!

Sorry, but i don't have a scanner.
A blurry picture of the Cauldron can be seen here:

http://www.vovins.de/bilder/kessel.jpg

Math Mathonwy
30-03-2005, 11:09
Spoke to a guy in GW HQ today, he said the Weapon of old ones IS a conversion, the head of which is from the carnosaur model. There WILL however be an article on how to create such a creature in a future white dwarf.
Also note that the release list that Ethereal Alpaca provided has this as an entry:
Old Ones war machine V Metal box set

I wonder what that is...

Akuma
30-03-2005, 20:03
Does anyone herd how this corno maunted thinge works ??? I've read somwhere it works exactly like stone thrower and tis thing is not cornosaur but another type of dino - can anyone confirm it :confused:

Rohirrim
30-03-2005, 21:42
It is a different kind of dinosaur. And it works very similar to a stone thrower, but all the hits are magical and flaming.

Outcast995
31-03-2005, 00:22
Its a old carnosauer(thus the weaker states) it has a name(its like a charecter but takes a rare spot) and it works like a stone thrower that can hit any where and the attack is magical and flaming i think.

He Who Laughs
31-03-2005, 03:16
Mind you, the "Engine of the Gods" is an insane conversion - I was originally sceptical about if it was or it wasn't (ie, the totem heads are obviously from Saurus standards, and the head and tail are from a Carnosaur but the rest of it looks far too detailed to be a conversion).

The main dinosaur does, however, look a lot like the "Crested Stegadon" model for the Lizardmen Warhamster range - dont you think? Maybe they took the three-up of said model and just used it?

Rabid Bunny 666
03-04-2005, 17:04
Its a old carnosauer(thus the weaker states) it has a name(its like a charecter but takes a rare spot) and it works like a stone thrower that can hit any where and the attack is magical and flaming i think.

thats about it, if you roll a 1 on the misfire, both the engine and the arcanodon die

red skinks sre awesome, like cohorts, but immune to poison, ignore terrain, get cheaper command options than the southland cohorts and they come with shields for 1 point difference

Akuma
03-04-2005, 17:08
Ignore terrain like yeats or just diff ground ??

Rabid Bunny 666
03-04-2005, 17:17
wooded or jungle

and BTW, no sign for rules for skink ROR or undead pirates, but there is a black and white picture of pirate zombies attacking a big alligator

Rohirrim
03-04-2005, 22:40
The pirate zombies will come out in a WD booklet, along with some other interesting little tidbits. It is all to support the mini campaign that is will be going on.

StarFyreXXX
04-04-2005, 12:57
Here are the stuff from Lustria: stats (probably 95% accurate..from someone who sent me the stats, who saw the book):

Rare species of dino called arcanodon (new dino)

M WS BS S T W I A LD
6 2 0 5 6 5 1 3 6

Immune to panic, stubborn, causes terror, scaly skin save 4+
stone thrower rules, all attacks are magical, flaming can move and fire without penalty misfire result of 1 its destroyed. has a 360 degree line of site and fire range (ie. it's bringing down an orbital strike from the heavens to bombard the target)

yours for just 215pts

Tehnihuini 350pts
M WS BS S T W I A LD
6 6 5 4 3 3 6 3 7 or 8

5+scaly skin save
4+ward
counts as being mounted on a lesser swarm, unit strength 3
Red crest
Unbreakable
Lv 3 Wizard Lore of heavens
may only be joined by swarms benefits from the look out sir rule
Plaque of Sotek: swarms regenerate on a 6+
Soteks fang: +1 strength on a charge, killing blow, causes fear in skaven
spawning of sotek

Lesser swarm 35pts
M WS BS S T W I A LD
5 2 0 2 2 3 1 3 10
ALL NORMAL SWARM RULES

RED CREST rules: may move through jungle terrain without penalty, hate skaven, immune to none magical posion, can only be wounded by a censor bearer on a result of a 6, mark of sotek

red crested skinks
rules as above same as normal skinks but WS 3

2 magical banners (skinks only)
20pts allows frenzy in skink unit
25pts allows all failed attempts to wound to be re-rolled

Skink chiefs may take 75pts of magic items, 2 skink chiefs may be taken as one hero choice, may be given red crest for 5pts each

----------------

Some comments:

The person who posted the release list; it states the Weapon of the Old Ones on it, but GW states its only a conversion. Maybe that is a conversion kit via the online store?

The pic in the WD magazine is the head office conversion by some designer.
It's a forgeworld great knarloc with bolt thrower + carnosaur head/tail, not sure on the neck and tons of green stuff to modify it. Not sure what the gyroscope is made from.

The cauldron of poxes is based on the witch elves cauldron i believe it was (maybe Skrags?)

Sanjay :)

Akuma
04-04-2005, 13:42
We are not allowed to post stats and points ;) even if they are just hipotetical :D

Rabid Bunny 666
04-04-2005, 13:50
yup, pretty much but red skinks only suffer the plague cencers affect on a 6

Akuma
04-04-2005, 13:54
WoW so megadon is quite scary acctualy - does it can be used by normal Lizard army - or must be taken only with lustrian one ???

StarFyreXXX
04-04-2005, 14:07
THe arcanadon is used in Tehenhaui's list only.

Stegadons are not allowed in that list either.

No slanns either, so Tehenhaui is the first lord choice (mandatory if 2k) but at 3k, oldblood is allowed (as long as tehenhaui is first lord choice).

Sanjay

Rabid Bunny 666
04-04-2005, 14:09
and in both lists, you need to have the special characters

but you so get chamelion skinks, but i thought they were nearly extinct back then?

Akuma
04-04-2005, 15:05
So the lists are only tourney legal if tourney is 2000 and up and does support usage of special characters ???

Or if it's below 2000 you cen use just normal hero and it legal

Or it can be 2000 but if tourney rules dissalow you to take special chars you can take normal ones

I would say only A is correct - LET THE RAW BEGIN :D

StarFyreXXX
04-04-2005, 15:13
There seems to be alot of confusion about this, but from what GW has stated here (in canada at least):

Unlike 40k, you do NOT need permission to use the special characters that are official. They are play tested.

Unless stated, they CAN be used in a tournament.

THe lustria list works fine below 2k..you can use skink heroes/scar vets.

But at 2k, Tehen. has to be the first lord choice. Thus, logically at 3k, he has to be the first lord choice as well, but then you can add a saurus lord (i hope we can use carnosaurs!!!)

Sanjay

Rabid Bunny 666
04-04-2005, 15:16
nothing to say you can't use a carnie

Heph
04-04-2005, 15:32
Converted Carnosaur. You can tell it is conversion due to standard tops etc. You can only use Sotek army and Pestilens armies when using the book. Think War of the Beard type.

Festering Chantor
04-04-2005, 15:39
You can only use Sotek army and Pestilens armies when using the book. Think War of the Beard type.
Nope... thats wrong, Pestilens and Sotek lists can be used in other games than those described in the books... Makes sense since Clan Pestilens still exists and the red-crested skinks... well that doesn't make so much sense but I guess there is still a few left of those too... Sotek still exists you know.

The special characters are probably dead though, but as someone poited out 'Nurglitch' is the name of all the Plague lords... And the Lizard-thing... well he deserves beeing dead... killing defenceless ratmen and all... mumble....

Akuma
04-04-2005, 21:53
I would oppose earlier statments.

1) If there is clearly stated paragraph that both Special Characters MUST be used WHEN THAY CAN - and we know thay can be used always ( because thay are balanced as everyother character in the game ) -> then the whole army lists above 2000 are teilored to those characters - they are builded with ther usage in mind -> so If there is tournament that clearly states that special characters and DoW cannot be used I would say that both of those lists go to thrasbin for that particular tournament AS special character cost points and by the looks of it arent particulary powerfull - if you replace them with cheeper ones you ruin the ballance of the list AS it was DESIGNED with 2000 and above special character useage in mind :D - so no this lists are not legal over 2000 - unless GW clearly states thay does - BUT then agin why archon DOESNT need to be archons horde general ;) ???

StarFyre
04-04-2005, 22:15
*tries to understand the flow of that paragraph*

GW balances all their armies (or should) at all the point values they decide. I am sure 20k is not tested, but 500, 1k, 1.5k, 2k, 3k are tested.

These have to be tested since there are lords, at 2k and 3 at 3k (settra, the OK guy, and the valten on armoured horse).

So, all special characters, etc should be tested for these values.

Thus, GW has stated that these lists are official, so if they are official, you can play with them at any point value as long as there is no special rule in a tourney saying that you can't use special characters).

The grand tournaments do NOT say that, hence you CAN use them at them (they are set at 2k I believe). There was also a recent tourney in the states somewhere set at 3k and again, special characters are allowed.

40k may be different but who cares 'bout 40k. :)

Sanjay

Akuma
05-04-2005, 15:01
as long as there is no special rule in a tourney saying that you can't use special characters).

Yeah that is exactly what i was claiming - I never use special characters nor allow them to be used on my tourneys - Thay make me feal like some kid with " and i have a special roll like that and in addition my fluff is nice and i would cut you with a sword woosh :) " but it's you'r game - everybody plays it to have fun :D

Ethereal Alpaca
06-04-2005, 07:25
On ratspawn, they are exactly like beasts of nurgle, but have a fixed movement value and only D6 attacks instead of D6+1. My guess they'll cost around 60 points each, and be two to a rare slot.

Kul
06-04-2005, 08:15
Spawn of nurgle is 75 :confused:

15 points for +1 attack?
My bet goes on 67

Rabid Bunny 666
06-04-2005, 11:03
i'll check at the weekend for you

the red crests are still around in the southlands, aren't they?

Kul
06-04-2005, 11:50
Fluffwise?

They are the new unit that comes with lustria... some combat skink unit..
Southlands have cohorts now..

Rabid Bunny 666
06-04-2005, 11:59
i thought the red crests went to the southlands with sotek to help him

they are better cohorts, all the red crest rules and shields for 1 point more, cheap as chips :D

Festering Chantor
06-04-2005, 15:22
The Rat Spawn is exactly like the 'Beast of Nurgle' (spawn 60p+ BoN 15p 'Poison'), the only differense is the 6 movement (2D6), D6 attacks (D6+1) and the 'Frenzy' special rule.

Stouty
07-04-2005, 12:32
Any pictures of the rat spawn? (maybe slightly stupid question)

Festering Chantor
07-04-2005, 15:05
Any pictures of the rat spawn? (maybe slightly stupid question)
The question is not stupid... Not asking the question, that would be stupid...
Sorry, the 'Rat Spawn' and 'Cauldron of a Thousand Poxes' are conversion projects...

Stouty
07-04-2005, 15:09
I thought the cauldron had a model, isn't that why you can give big sticks to the plague monk so they can carry the platform, or is the pic in white dwarf just a conversion?

Festering Chantor
07-04-2005, 15:23
isn't that why you can give big sticks to the plague monk so they can carry the platform?
Yeah, you pretty much said it yourself, the Monks carrying the platform are from the plastic sprue... Supposedly the 'Cauldron of Blood' was used for the conversion, just as the 'Weapon of the Gods' has a Carnosaur head...

Rabid Bunny 666
07-04-2005, 15:27
it is a conversion, the pontifex on it is a conversion of the new skaven hero model

Stouty
07-04-2005, 15:39
I see now, everything has become slightly less foggy, now just very misty...

Kul
08-04-2005, 06:46
lol...
actually..
I hoped the weapon would be a mini they'd bring out..
he was just perfect for my carnosaur :(

Festering Chantor
08-04-2005, 15:04
Link: http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.us?do=List_Models&code=304716&orignav=304716&ParentID=254947&GameNav=9

Can't upload it...

Avian
09-04-2005, 15:46
I've had a decent read through of the book and to be honest I was not overly impressed. Guess I won't buy it, but there were a couple of interesting bitz I may blag for my campaign.

I don't play either of the two armies features, but they didn't seem very good to me, with most of the new units falling into the "expensive, but not very interesting" category.

Anyhow:

Bubonic Court
Everything which is not directlu Pestilens is Pestilens-ish, nothing is plain warlord clan
-Nurglitch (7 attacks with the blade of nurglitch and the army will not lose frenzy if he is alive, compulsory and hugely expensive, so army seems somewhat hard to play at 2k)
-Plague Lord (pretty much as in the Skaven book Pestilens list)
-Plague Pontifex (lvl 2 upgradeable to lvl 3, pestilent breath, plague and death frenzy (if lvl 3)

Heroes
-Plague priest
-Festering chantor (gets plague if you make him lvl 2)
-Fighter with humorous name which I forget (basically a T5 chieftain)

Core
1+ Plague monks (nothing mentioned about Mainstay...)
0-1 Plague rat swarm
Rotting rodents (slightly more expensive clanrats with T4 instead of shield, option for AHW)
Pusbags (more expensive slaves for a somewhat useless ability and D6 of them die each turn, if you want you could have really expensive slaves with flail)

Special
Censer bearers (loses Disciple rule)
Giant Rats (bought singly at clanrat prices, no handlers but frenzy)

Rare
Rat ogres (no handlers but frenzy, loses the mixed formation rule, so if you're willing to pay 200 pts for a second rank you get a +1 rank bonus)
Rat spawn (quite decent, though not 1-2 per Rare as Chaos spawn are, fixed move, less attacks, poison and stubborn)

Red crested skinks
Everything that can have the Spawning of Sotek must, though they stay core
-Tehenhauin (numerous special rules, seems a bit odd and not really all that great, may only join swarms)
-Oldblood

Heroes
-Skink chieftains (2 per hero)
-Skink chieftains
-(Possibly) Scar-veterans

Core
-Saurus warriors
-Skinks (don't count towards required core)
-Skink cohorts (I think)
-Red crested skinks (quite expensive for T2 models with a 6+ save)
-0-1 Jungle swarm
-Lesser swarms (less wounds, attacks and points, smaller base)

Special
-Kroxes
-Terradons
-Saurus Cav

Rare
-Cameleon skinks (not 0-1, apparently)
-Salamander packs
-Engine of the gods (cheaper stegadon with 360 degree move-and-fire stonethrower)

I may be able to answer further questions

Festering Chantor
09-04-2005, 17:00
-Fighter with humorous name which I forget
'Stinking Thing'...

The Undying
10-04-2005, 02:33
I still like Clan Pestilence, could you give a more in-depth description of them? Like Nurglitch? (approximate point cost?)

Stouty
10-04-2005, 09:51
1.In what way are plague lords any different to normal warlords
2. Whats a festering Chantor
3.Frothing giant rats?
4.Mad Rat Ogres

Festering Chantor
10-04-2005, 10:04
1. Tougher, less initiative, less BS, options flail, cencer, 2 handweapons.
2. Pesonally I think he's some kind of unholy preacher running around chanting liturgies in the name of the Horned Rat... He's a lesser Plague Priest...
3. Frenzy
4. Frenzy, no Packmasters...

Stouty
10-04-2005, 10:21
I like it! (This might force me to forgive skaven for their sins of SADness)

Avian
10-04-2005, 11:15
I like it! (This might force me to forgive skaven for their sins of SADness)
Well, the Bubonic Court get no shooting what so ever, and apart from the fact that you can potentially* cast Plague five times each magic phase with a 2k army they are not very scary magic-wise either.

To be honest I was tempted to make a Pestilens list when I got my talons on the new plague monks, but the list itself doesn't seem very interesting.

A Festering Chantor is the same as in the back-of-the-army-book Pestilens list (i.e. not very good), except that he can be upgraded to lvl 2, getting Plague which he'll struggle to cast (26% chance with 3 dice).

*though you'd have to eat a lot of warpstone to manage this

Stouty
10-04-2005, 11:21
A Festering Chantor is the same as in the back-of-the-army-book Pestilens list (i.e. not very good), except that he can be upgraded to lvl 2, getting Plague which he'll struggle to cast (26% chance with 3 dice).

*though you'd have to eat a lot of warpstone to manage this

Howd you work out it was 26% chance, explain.
Also I don't have the skaven book, so tell me what the chantors like, please.

Stouty
10-04-2005, 11:26
Urrr.....right.
I meant whats its stats like; mage, fighter ect

skavenguy13
10-04-2005, 12:35
as most mages: take the stats for the normal trooper (plague monks) and add a magic level and magic equipment. I'm pretty sure the festering chantor follows that rule (the only one not following the rule is the ogre butcher I think)

And :wtf: plague priest a wizard? I thought he was a fighting hero, but you could make him level1 for 40 points. Is he like in the skaven army book as well?

Avian
10-04-2005, 13:16
Howd you work out it was 26% chance, explain.
Also I don't have the skaven book, so tell me what the chantors like, please.
http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~tarjeia/avian/calculations/casting.html

Chantors are rather crappy wizards, according to one local skaven player who used the army book pestilens list in the last league. They get a rather useless spell which they have problems casting and are frenzied which means they have a habit of expiring in close combat.
The only good side was the ability to take a flail (I don't remember if they can have a censer or not) and at least halfway decent stats, giving you a scroll caddie who can do a bit of damage in combat.
I personally would never consider the lvl 2 upgrade, which costs a whupping +45 pts for very dubious benefits.

Avian
10-04-2005, 13:18
And :wtf: plague priest a wizard? I thought he was a fighting hero, but you could make him level1 for 40 points. Is he like in the skaven army book as well?
The Plague Priest is exactly the same as in the skaven army book with no changes at all.

Stouty
10-04-2005, 13:36
Thnx Avian for the table and all!

skavenguy13
10-04-2005, 16:37
The Plague Priest is exactly the same as in the skaven army book with no changes at all.

So they're no wizards. Just frenzy fighting machines.

Avian
10-04-2005, 17:15
So they're no wizards. Just frenzy fighting machines.
??? Plague Priest aren't any new form of character, they're just the same as before. The Bubonic court has the following types of Hero characters:
-Frenzied fighting machine
-Not-frenzied fighting machine
-Frenzied spellcaster

Stouty
12-04-2005, 20:31
Frenzied spellcaster

Well that's stupid; "I'll charge those khornate knights over there"
;)

skavenguy13
12-04-2005, 20:53
Well that's stupid; "I'll charge those khornate knights over there"
;)

Don't forget they can take censers. the censers' gas thingy + 2 S5 attacks can be quite good, and he should even be able to handle most skirmishers :eek: :D

CauCaSus
24-04-2005, 15:19
Maybe I'm wrong here, but isn't the spawning of sotek vs Bubonic host thing a little unbalanced? I mean, lots of skirmishing skinks with poison is just perfect for owning a high T, no armour save, frenzied army

skavenguy13
24-04-2005, 16:14
If we could take night runners (maybe frenzied too) as special choices, I think it would have been balanced. But yeah, you're right. It's just like the poisoned skinks running around faster and frenzy slayers: they never get caugth ben if they are, they're dead

Sai-Lauren
25-04-2005, 09:40
News from Salute.
They had the sprues for the plastics to support lustria at Salute on saturday - my word they're packed with stuff (skaven and lizardmen, high elves not so much), and look very nice, from the Rat Ogre cannon arm previewed in WD, to the high elf bolt thrower.

Rat swarms look to be with the rat ogre sprues now, there's certainly a good few rats on the second half of it. There's also a little model that I can only describe one way :-

Death Of Rats. ;)

Crazy Harborc
28-04-2005, 00:39
Um.....more info about that death of rats please. Are they giving OR receiving??

Avian
28-04-2005, 10:51
If you've read the Diskworld series by Pratchett you know what the Death of Rats looks like. :p

TheeForsakenOne
28-04-2005, 11:43
lol SQUEAK

The red host more focuses on ranked up units of skinks and swarms (I've read the book). Although you can take skirimishers. Personally I think the red host has great potential for MSU.

The Bubonic court also has access to swarms and other fast things to guard flanks so an all skirmishing forces won't be all powerful against them.

He Who Laughs
28-04-2005, 13:33
Ok, I'm going to avoid the whole - "I think X is crap, or Y is a wothless frenzied wizard" and take a different tack to this conversation:

I reckon it's bloody cool that there is at least one Chameleon Skink on just about every page of the Lustria book (even in the photo set aside for solely displaying the Clan Pestilens-theme army!!! - See if you can find it!!)

TheeForsakenOne
28-04-2005, 16:05
@He Who Laughs. The Lizardmen book is the same. On TPV they had a spot the chameleon competition to see who could find the most in the book.

Personally I haven't seen anything thats crap in the Lustria book. It all looks good to me.

Sai-Lauren
29-04-2005, 09:52
Additional (ok, I forgot about it earlier :p )
Aly Morrison also had the three-ups for some new cold ones, some in progress, but one was completed with a lot of aztec style gear around the head and is more bipedal than normal (typical, right after I get a load of cold ones to convert into some rough riders for my hoth-themed imperial guard army). My immediate guess is it's a character model.

(He also said that there's only two places in the world a three-up model should be, on his desk and in the factory - which I guess means he's head of figure design these days. If there's one on e-bay, it's gone out the back doors under someones jacket).

Death of rats - it's not skeletal, but there's so little (mainly it's nose) poking out from under the robe you couldn't really tell anyway - model's probably intended as a familiar or something. I can see lots of people making a small scythe for it - I would. :D

Quetzl
01-05-2005, 20:48
I just can't wait to get rumbling in the jungle.

Some heads are gooing to role.

75hastings69
01-05-2005, 23:00
Also note that the release list that Ethereal Alpaca provided has this as an entry:
Old Ones war machine V Metal box set

I wonder what that is...

Metal boxed set, do you not notice how big that thing is, how much do you think the METAL boxed set would be 400? I can see everyone rushing out to buy that!!!

For the last time it IS A CONVERSION!!! future issue of WD will give you ideas of how to create your own. GW would not touch a model of that size to make in plastic, never mind metal, as it will have a limited market, sure everyone is going to say well i would buy it!, but how many would each of you buy? The reason regiment boxes ar made in plastic (which is the more expensive type of moulding process) is that armies are made up of several regiments, when the initial cost of the mould is offset against the cheap price of plastic, and the mark up on the regiment box, then the fact that multiple regiment boxes are sold to make up an army, GW are on to a money spinner. It is not financially viable for GW to produce such a model, as most "normal" people will not want/be able to afford more than one, that's when projects are worked by forgeworld, they are lovely models (apart from the numerous casting bubbles and tonnes of flash) but you must have seen how expensive they are (625 for space marine fortress walls - hello,just walls and guns, not too difficult to make at home).

I know this has been off thread but i really want to put this to bed, the EotG IS A CONVERSION, i even listed some of the parts earlier in the thread. And before everyone gets on my case I guess the LOTR Mumak must be the exception, although i wonder if GW made a loss on that model? quite possible.

Sylass
04-05-2005, 06:35
Not sure if it's been posted already, but the LUSTRIA MINIATURES GALLERY (http://uk.games-workshop.com/lustria/miniature-gallery/1/) is online now.

Lustria main section with links to designer notes, artwork and stuff can be found here (http://uk.games-workshop.com/lustria/).

Crazy Harborc
06-05-2005, 01:52
The Saurus cav box "contains EIGHT models"...........I just may be in trouble now. I REALLY like those Coldone mounted lizzies. :D :D

Hey, it's all Sylass's fault..........he MADE me look at the photos :D THANKS Sy...

StarFyre
06-05-2005, 02:52
There is no way it would be that much. It's not THAT big. it's like 1.5 to 2x the length of a stegadon... a steg is like 55 cdn so maybe 90 to 100 cdn...no where close to 400 pounds. THere is no way that would be more than a forgeworld large monster :P

Sanjay

GodHead
07-05-2005, 01:41
Two perfectly fine lists completely, totally, utterly ruined by the mandatory inclusion of special characters.

Why the hell bother making them official when most tournaments will refuse to allow the armies, and most pick-up games will require a house rule to leave the special characters out?

I have nothing against the characters themselves (except for how Nurglitch was sculpted, do I hear Morrison?) but won't include them in my army. And my league won't go for the house rule, so I'm **** out of luck.

I was looking forward to doing Pestilens, but now I'm just mad.

StarFyre
07-05-2005, 16:31
*sigh*

GW tournaments do NOT disallow special characters. Conflicts and GTs both allow them...

Sanjay

GodHead
07-05-2005, 16:58
It depends on where you play, North America is big, but it's rules don't apply to the world.

For example the Dutch GT
http://ne.games-workshop.com/eventsdownload.asp
and the UK:
http://uk.games-workshop.com/tournaments/pdfs/wfb-gt-pack.pdf

In fact, I bet they are banned at more tournaments than they are allowed.

It also doesn't change the fact that most players do not WANT to play with a special character...

Crazy Harborc
08-05-2005, 00:52
For my regular opponents and I special characters are used only with the advance agreement of an opponent. So far, at the GW store, special characters aren't in the campaigns.

GodHead
08-05-2005, 03:06
So you are playing the lists without the characters? Why did GW do this?

Crazy Harborc
09-05-2005, 01:47
I guess the store is doing a pre-campaign campaign?? There was no Lustria book for sale last week at the GW store.

At this time it looks like three of us are going to pass on the campaign. Too much like hero questing or 'let's play magic".

boogle
09-05-2005, 21:44
the Lustria book has been out for a week in the UK (10 days in the Indy stores)

Crazy Harborc
10-05-2005, 00:17
I guess the local GW store isn't supplied as quickly as shops in the UK. It's also possible the store display dates are different