PDA

View Full Version : Dog Tags

Scopedog
19-11-2005, 20:56
I had these made and wore them right before I got out of the military earlier this year. Look closely at the religion line (the last line).

Hideous Loon
19-11-2005, 21:29
Cool. Why has an area been censored?

Scopedog
19-11-2005, 21:35
It's my social security number. For Americans, it's potentially dangerous to give that information out.

Hideous Loon
19-11-2005, 22:34
Oh. I can understand that.

Heero-Severus
19-11-2005, 23:39
haha sweet.
Reminds me of a story one of the Sailors i work with told me about trying to get "Jedi" down on his paper work and tags, he got a bit of a frapping down :)

warlordgrubnatz
21-11-2005, 19:12
haha sweet.
Reminds me of a story one of the Sailors i work with told me about trying to get "Jedi" down on his paper work and tags, he got a bit of a frapping down

sorry for going off topic but my old english teachersaid that many folk in her generation put JJECI as religion on aplications and its ow an official religion :), seriously those dogtags are cool, te first real imperial guardsman lol :D.

TheSonOfAbbadon
21-11-2005, 19:29
JJECI? What in the Emperor's name is that?

I'm going to get into the army just to have a dog tag that has "Flying Spaghetti Monsterism" printed on it.

cpl_hicks
21-11-2005, 21:45
normal civilians can normally get dog tags printed at airshows/militery shows

i got some plain black tags, but they snapped

Scopedog
21-11-2005, 22:16
normal civilians can normally get dog tags printed at airshows/militery shows

i got some plain black tags, but they snapped

I happened to work in the same building where recruit dog tags were mass-produced and I was friends with the guy that made them, so I got mine for free any time I wanted.

Dog Tag kiosks are common in malls around big military towns like Camp Lejeune, NC and Camp Pendleton, CA. I only know Marine bases, but I assume the same is probably true around big Army, Navy, and Air Force bases. I've seen them available in all kinds of colors, but only the traditional aluminum style is allowed for military inspections- not to mention the fact that the other colors are silly-looking and inauthentic.

Melchor
24-11-2005, 23:20
You geek! :D (said the guy with the Aquila bank card ;))

Crazy Harborc
25-11-2005, 02:28
I took my dogtags off in Feb., 1968. I know I have them somewhere. Dog tags and medals........good for free drinks anywhere:rolleyes: Heck, I still have my copies of my last set of orders.

I like the idea of young ones wearing military gear. Better than spitting on it like they did in 70/74.

Yodhrin
27-11-2005, 00:33
I took my dogtags off in Feb., 1968. I know I have them somewhere. Dog tags and medals........good for free drinks anywhere:rolleyes: Heck, I still have my copies of my last set of orders.

I like the idea of young ones wearing military gear. Better than spitting on it like they did in 70/74.

Nah, we've all learned that it's the politicians in charge we should be spitting on :p