PDA

View Full Version : first try 2250 mono slaanesh

Max_Killfactor
06-11-2008, 20:10
My two main opponents are TK and VC. After a few games of terrible rolling on leadership tests, I want to try an army that doesn't run or break either. I knew I wanted a mono-god list, and I think Slaanesh offers the most variety.

Here's my first try:

lvl 4 Keeper: allure of slaanesh, temptator, torment blade
lvl 1Herald of Slaanesh: bsb w/Great Icon of Despair, allure of slaanesh, torment blade, steed
Masque :cheese:

18 nettes, full command
18 nettes, full command
15 nettes, musician and champ
5 furies
5 furies

5 seekers, full command, siren standard
5 seekers

1 fiend
1 fiend

Total: 2250

**edit to inclide magic levels

tricker53
06-11-2008, 23:14
this list lacks magic, your only sorceror is the lv 1 KoS. perhaps you should buff him up atleast 1 lv (so you can use both the power dice for your army) or make the herald a sorc as well (although then shell be 320. . .). youll probably need some dispel dice if you verse VC a lot.

also, the great icon of despair wont be that useful against VC (not sure about TK), because theyll just ignore all your fear (as you will theirs), plus youve already got enough stacked Ld modifiers on them with masque and solid ranks in CC. to back up the previous paragraph, perhaps you could take banner of hellfire for a bound spell. and what a bound spell on a fast cavalry unit.

you dont seem to be taking full advantage of a heralds locus in this list. i love the fact that an entire unit of nettes can strike with the ego of high elves when a herald is near by. give the herald temptator, and you can literally deny almost any unit an attack, by temptating any characters, challenging champions and just stacking the kills.

imo you need larger fiend units. a rank of 4 can maximise on the flank of a 4-ranked 20mm squad, for 16 attacks! give them succour and they will just steamroll.

Max_Killfactor
07-11-2008, 03:44
Yeah I am an idiot and didn't include the magic levels. The KoS is level 4 and the BSB is level 1. Our group doesn't go too magic heavy so I should be okay.

My plan was to move around the BSB herald to units that would need the asf. I think asf is a little overrated with S3 anyway, but it would be useful if fighting other units with high Initiative, or so my nettes can strike before a vampire kills the front rank.

I don't like the idea of large fiend units. They will be pretty expensive and far less manuverable.

I'll rethink the BSB's banner though. The -2 to casting one seems pretty awesome and it would really hurt the VC magic phase.

I may try to work in another herald (for the asf and +1 pwer dice) but that's getting pricey...

Thanks for the input, I'll post a new list with some changes sometime tomorrow.

Negativemoney
07-11-2008, 14:41
The Icon of Despair is such a great tool and definitely effects the VC list. Two things are hugely important when it comes to VC first is the ability to cast magic and the other is to protect the General so they don't crumble.

in this case using the lvl 1 Slaanesh Spell (which is potentially the most dangerous in the list) to force leadership tests across the Army. You then use the Icon protected by a unit of Daemonettes to effect the General, you then drop his LD and pop off a 5 dice Phantasmagoria and viola you now have full control of the VC list.

The LD bomb is not in there for Fear or Terror contrary to popular belief. It is there to manipulate the game with Slaaneshi magic.

tricker53
07-11-2008, 21:39
imo casting phantasmagoria on 4 dice would be better, esp. if the KoS gets his 6 and 4 powers, or the herald gets the 4 power. slicing shards in combo with GBoD and the masque AND phantasmagoria is basically removing units from the table.

recently someone told me immune to psych doesnt protect you from stupidity. . . i thought it did. . . well im not complaining of course, being a monogod he/she/it player myself.

Dead Man Walking
08-11-2008, 01:56
I didnt think you could get undead to take leadership tests as they are immune to psychology and auto-pass all leadership checks?

tricker53
08-11-2008, 05:18
immune to psych makes you auto-pass fear, terror, panic and cannot flee. for some reason it does not include stupidity. 'it doesnt have stupidity, why make it immune to it?' i think is their logic; this may have worked up until the invention of acqiescence (and cold one knights with that magic standard).

Lotl Botl
10-11-2008, 03:58
ur oppenent is a vc and doesnt go magic heavy wtf

Boondock
10-11-2008, 05:00
immune to psych makes you auto-pass fear, terror, panic and cannot flee. for some reason it does not include stupidity. 'it doesnt have stupidity, why make it immune to it?' i think is their logic; this may have worked up until the invention of acqiescence (and cold one knights with that magic standard).

Probably because being stupid has nothing to do with psychology.