PDA

View Full Version : Q - What weapons does Eltharion the Grim Have?

ssorck
06-11-2008, 23:52
Long story short I'm working on a conversion for my nephew for xmas and need to know what weapons he's got.

I know hes got a sword.

IS the other weapon a lance or a spear?

Does he have a bow as well?

Thanks

pinegulf
07-11-2008, 05:47
Well fluffpictures and gw-mini has sword and spear/lance.

spiderfat451
07-11-2008, 07:31
in his new rules all he has are his sword(fansword of eltharion), and a longbow.....he doesnt have a lance in the rules even though he may have one in the picture and model.

robnixon
07-11-2008, 10:21
i was under the impression that as he got +2s on the charge he used his lance and sword in combination and thye were just under the title fangsword. thats my view anyway,lance couched and swinging his sword with his other arm

enyoss
07-11-2008, 10:54
i was under the impression that as he got +2s on the charge he used his lance and sword in combination and thye were just under the title fangsword. thats my view anyway,lance couched and swinging his sword with his other arm

That certainly used to be the idea. In 5th edition he always used the Lance on the charge (hence the +2S) but then switched to use the Fangsword in later rounds.

To the OP, it's nice to see Eltharion getting a bit of love, and although I have a soft spot for the old model (it was my first High Elf model long, long ago :)) it does look a bit dated. Equipment wise, all you need for WYSIWYG at present is:

Fangsword
Longbow
Helm of Yvresse
... and if you could explicitly model the Talisman of Hoeth I guess that would be a bonus, although I wouldn't worry about it too much.

There's really no need for the lance these days, but if you want to put it on as a nod to the old model I would `holster' it in some way.

Try and put up some pics when it's done :).

Cheers,

enyoss

ssorck
19-12-2008, 21:04
That certainly used to be the idea. In 5th edition he always used the Lance on the charge (hence the +2S) but then switched to use the Fangsword in later rounds.

To the OP, it's nice to see Eltharion getting a bit of love, and although I have a soft spot for the old model (it was my first High Elf model long, long ago :)) it does look a bit dated. Equipment wise, all you need for WYSIWYG at present is:

Fangsword
Longbow
Helm of Yvresse
... and if you could explicitly model the Talisman of Hoeth I guess that would be a bonus, although I wouldn't worry about it too much.

There's really no need for the lance these days, but if you want to put it on as a nod to the old model I would `holster' it in some way.

Try and put up some pics when it's done :).

Cheers,

enyoss

Finished him up, pics are here:

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3148724&posted=1#post3148724

You'll see I decided to drop the lance...