PDA

View Full Version : 1000pts Lizardmen.

Grey Mage
07-11-2008, 01:32
Also for my groups 3 month league, 1000 point forces with presubmitted lists at the beggining of each month. Heres the list i was thinking of going with.

Scarvet- Light armor, Spawning: Quetzl, Spawning: Tzunki, Enchanted Shield, Blade of Chotec- 142pts.
Skink Priest- Quetzl, Diadem of Power- 105pts.

20 Saurus Warriors- Standard, Spawning of Quetzl- 282pts
19 Saurus Warriors- Standard, Spawning of Quetzl- 270pts.
13 Skinks- Spawning of Quetzl- 83pts.

2 Salamander Hunting Packs- 130pts.

1000pts.

The idea being that the priest will primarily be there for magical defence ala dispell dice and against magic light armies Ill hope to get a decent spell on him that I can use. The scar-vet will go with the unit of 19 saurus and march forward towards melee. Salamanders flank to one side, skinks either flank or screen depending on opponent.

Thoughts/ideas?

Stuffburger
10-11-2008, 22:07
Let me first point out this list is not legal- You only have one core unit, and the priest and skirmishers may not be given the spawning of quetzl.

Take those extra points and fiddle the rest of the army list a bit to get a second unit of skinks- their speed, inexpensiveness and blow pipes make them some of the best skirmishers in the game. (And you need a second core unit anyways to meet the minimum, because giving the saurus a spawning makes them a special choice.)

Grey Mage
13-11-2008, 08:47
Im using a Sacred Host of Quetzl, the list is legal.

Krusty
13-11-2008, 19:23
too many saurus, not enough skinks...

drop the units to 14 and 15 saurus, add more skinks, and make the skarvet a jsod

Grey Mage
13-11-2008, 20:30
I agree that their arent enough skinks in there, but I dont like the idea of dropping saurus for them at this point. Can you give more reasoning behind this?

BEEGfrog
15-11-2008, 16:31
I agree that their arent enough skinks in there, but I dont like the idea of dropping saurus for them at this point. Can you give more reasoning behind this?

Saurus are overpriced, have relatively poor WS for their price and lower initiative than most dead people. You have already spotted that they need the extra protection of quetzl to survive to attack back. They are also relatively slow and so will generally not get to charge in most melees. The move to 5 wide units has further emphasized how expensive each saurus is even before adding the cost of the spawnings. There is a reason why everyone believes the rumours of saurus getting a couple of points cheaper, they need it!

I also question the lack of nikes or a cold one for your scar vet, Tzunki isn't worth the slot.

Your priest should probably be 2nd level if you want to have any credible offensive magic.

While I would probably be thinking of losing both saurus units, you obviously like them, so consider losing one, put your general on a cold one in the saurus unit and add another jav skink unit and a JSoD with the Sword of Might and the enchanted shield with sotek, tlazcotl or tepok in addition to the mandatory quetzl.

You might even be able to afford another sallie or unit of skinks.

Grey Mage
16-11-2008, 18:39
Well with empire and dwarves and undead being in the group, as well as high and wood elves I figured it would be worth ito go before I3. Ive thought about putting up another list with a single block... I might do that soon. Thanks for the constructive critiscism.

*sighs* This is what I get for skipping two editions.

nasty_little_hobbit
16-11-2008, 19:06
I would personally drop the first saurus unit down to 18( 6*3) and then drop the second unit down to 12 with just a champion. With the 108 points left you would have enough for 17 skinks; take 3 skinks from the other unit and youd have another two units of ten.
With this you havnt completly changed the list but think youll find the added skinks will be more useful than the large block of saurus especially when youll be going against likely fast armies of elves and hih toughness dwarfs.

Grey Mage
17-11-2008, 07:15
Actually thats pretty good. Id rather a standard then a champion.... but the idea has merit. Thank you.