PDA

View Full Version : The Almighty Ninja Giant of Slaanesh.

Da Black Gobbo
07-11-2008, 21:47
Hey guys! what do you think about the ASF giant?? is it worth, i'm going to give it a try in my WoC list, anybody have tryed them with some success?

thisisntnotjt
07-11-2008, 22:33
Oh my good god. You just gave me my next army theme.

sulla
07-11-2008, 22:49
It's a little better in combat vs most stuff (Not ASF stuff, obviously) but a lot more expensive and still just as vulnerable. If your army can compensate for that vulnerability, it's a great choice. If not, you just wasted 40pts. Up to you really.

happy_doctor
08-11-2008, 16:24
I'm not a chaos player but ,skimming through the new book, this combination seemed really attractive to me.
The giant is ideal for dealing with large monsters and the Always Strikes First greatly boosts his ability; whether he headbutts, yells and bawls or thumps with his club, it's almost certain that monsters won't be able to retaliate.

The same goes for his interaction with units. Even the "pick up and... " result will increase his survivability, not to mention rolling "jump up and down" against charging knights and the such!

As for his vulnerability to shooting, this is the consant drawback of a giant. However, with ASF I have a feeling that even a wounded giant will be a great asset to have in your WoC army.

Goruax
08-11-2008, 21:37
ASF with "Yell and Bawl" would be brilliant - you win by 2 without even the chance to lose a wound (except against ASF characters or High Elves :rollseyes:)
I'm considering adding in an ASF Giant to my Tzeentchian force - model a ton of eyes on it and that explains why it gets ASF...though no ward save as Tzeentch is fickle, and he's already had a previous blessing (of humongousness ;))