PDA

View Full Version : Best Double Dragon load-out? 2k

andy10k
08-11-2008, 23:48
Was wondering what the best setup for the double dragon HE list is, i came up with this and wondered if its close:

Prince (638) Star Dragon, Halberd, Dragon Armour, Shield, Radient Gem of Hoeth, Vambraces of Defence
Dragon Mage (435) Level 2, 2 x Scrolls, Silver Wand

10 Archers (110)
10 Archers (110)

7 Swordmasters (105)
5 Dragon Princes (150)
5 Dragon Princes (150)

Bolt Thrower (100)
Bolt Thrower (100)
Bolt Thrower (100)

Obviously i know it's not friendly, it isn't meant to be :P just wondering if i made the most of the points, or have i missed something/took the wrong items etc? The helm on the lord is so that (i presume) i get +1 to dispell, an extra dispell dice and the ability to cast drain magic for fighting those nasty VC builds.

Thanks

Lord Dan
08-11-2008, 23:57
Since you're obviously not going for composition points, drop the swordmasters for another bolt thrower. They'd honestly be too slow to do much in this list.

andy10k
09-11-2008, 00:01
Interesting + true, so i'd be left with:

Prince (638) Star Dragon, Halberd, Dragon Armour, Shield, Radient Gem of Hoeth, Vambraces of Defence
Dragon Mage (435) Level 2, 2 x Scrolls, Silver Wand

10 Archers (110)
10 Archers (110)

5 Dragon Princes (150)
5 Dragon Princes (150)

Bolt Thrower (100)
Bolt Thrower (100)
Bolt Thrower (100)
Bolt Thrower (100)

7pts , musi on something i guess lol.

Also i'm not trying to be anal or anything, i just like the idea of 2 dragons running around and also trying to compete with those top tier lists like daemons/VC/DE.

Lord Dan
09-11-2008, 01:02
I don't think you should be saying "I want to compete with Daemons/ VC" as justification for taking a completely OTT list. If you want to take one, fine, however I don't think they're necessary for winning. In fact, if you do win, all people will say is: "He only won because he had 2 dragons and 4 bolt throwers". I've actually never seen anyone impressed by the winner of a GT, as all I've heard recently is: "He took a multi-god daemon list" or "he took 4 cannons and 2 steam tanks". The list won, not the player.

...except for that goblin wolf-rider army...anyway!

If you took a more balanced list, yes, it would be harder to win. However the win itself would be much more rewarding. But that's just a hopeless romantic talking: the list looks good for what you're doing.

LION
10-11-2008, 17:08
;) For a 100% Power Cheese Army Rating I would add a Double Eagle in Place of one Bolt Throwers to go with the Two Dragons.

:cool:If you fancy trying a more Interesting option, then mess about with a Double Dragon List with ArchMage MoonDragon....Dragon Mage SunDragon and a Banner of Sorcery in a large Infantry Unit. As Lord Dan might advise...a bit harder to win with but more fun when you do LION

heinrichvoncarstein
10-11-2008, 18:32
I would actually swap out 1-2 bolt throwers with more dragon prince's. Would be more fun to play with.

andy10k
11-11-2008, 12:28
Well, ironically enough, i have enough friends as it is, so why do i need to make any more at tournaments :P so being a terrible person isn't that much of a problem to me! lol.

Just kiddin ^^

But seriously, as i explained earlier, i like the idea of 2 dragons roaming around the field, and i know for a fact it isn't as nasty as it sounds, especially against the top end daemon armies/VC/DE, but its the best i can do with what i wanted.

Lord Dan
12-11-2008, 02:23
...so the list looks good, then.