PDA

View Full Version : My first VC army

Leogun_91
09-11-2008, 19:13
I tried to post this under itīs theme before but then nobody cared about the contents of the list and the tactical parts so here it is. Please tell me what you think

Vampire Lord
Wizzy level,Aura of Dark Majesty,Supernatural horror,infinite hatered,Flayed Haubrek,Sceptre de Noir,Rod of Flaming death, biting blade:450pts

Vampire
Spectral form:150pts

Wight king
BSB,extra handweapon,Drakenhof banner:233pts

Necromancer
Corpsecart, lodestone,staff of damnation,extra spell:210pts

40 Zombies
command:172pts

40 Zombies
command:172pts

24 Skeletons
command,warbanner:237pts

Corpse cart
Balefire:100pts

Corpse cart
Balefire:100pts

3 Wraiths
Banshee:175pts

Total:1999pts

VC Doke
09-11-2008, 19:37
You're going to get out maneuvered by most armies. You have to put all your characters in the skelly unit in order to protect them. But putting them all in the unit will mean you're going to be flanked heavily even with 40 zombies on each side. You won't make your points back - your opponent won't engage the skellies and you'll lose.

Drop one of the zombie units and put out some ghouls or skellies.

Also, if you can shave some points from the zombies and raise them later instead, put out some dire wolves to harass fast enemy units so they don't pin you down so easily.

Drop the Staff on the Necro, 1 attack at Str 2 or 3 isn't worth paying points for. Give him two power stones and make sure you pick Vandel's Danse for one of the Necro spells.

Good luck, tell us how you do!

Leogun_91
10-11-2008, 16:01
You're going to get out maneuvered by most armies. You have to put all your characters in the skelly unit in order to protect them. But putting them all in the unit will mean you're going to be flanked heavily even with 40 zombies on each side. You won't make your points back - your opponent won't engage the skellies and you'll lose.

Drop one of the zombie units and put out some ghouls or skellies.

Also, if you can shave some points from the zombies and raise them later instead, put out some dire wolves to harass fast enemy units so they don't pin you down so easily.

Drop the Staff on the Necro, 1 attack at Str 2 or 3 isn't worth paying points for. Give him two power stones and make sure you pick Vandel's Danse for one of the Necro spells.

Good luck, tell us how you do!
Actually only two of my characters will be with the skellies, the necro rides a cart and the small vamp is etheral and will go with the Wraiths. The staff of the necro can not only be used on the necro can it it is any friendly unit within 12 IIRC otherwise I will take youīr advise and go with the stones.
You are probobly right about manovering so a couple of wolves might come in the final list.

siphon101
10-11-2008, 16:48
The problem is that in 2k points you have almost NOTHING that hits at all hard. You have a ton of zombies, but they're not going to win you any combats, and with them being as easy to raise as it is, bringing so many seems odd.

Likewise your only meat to your army, which has a fair bit of magic, is the skeleton block, but nobody in your army has any mastery ability which means they're never getting above that 24 model cap you started with.

the 3 wraiths with the vampire along is nice, but since man sized skirmishers are always unit strength 1, that entire unit is only US 4, meaning it can't negate ranks, which could be very useful in such a small list.

I just don't see how this list will succeed in actually KILLING anything. It might be annoying to chop through, but that's about it.

Lord Dan
10-11-2008, 17:01
I just don't see how this list will succeed in actually KILLING anything. It might be annoying to chop through, but that's about it.

Quoted for truth.