PDA

View Full Version : Two tournaments worth of reports

ZeroTwentythree
10-11-2008, 22:15
I've posted two tournaments worth of reports at my blog recently.

I just finished the Marauders Mayhem GT reports, and did a quickie-report for all five games of the Recess Rumble this past weekend. My Marienburgers (Empire) did OK at both events (2-2-1 and 3-2) finishing in the middle of the pack in both cases.

Due to hassles with posting inline images here, I'm not going to repeat the reports here. Check them out at:

http://zerotwentythree.blogspot.com/

spiderhaiku
10-11-2008, 22:40
Hi, great read, glad to see there are tournies where having fun is as important as winning. Let us know if you post more.

p.s. The giant concrete corn was funny :)

Feefait
11-11-2008, 02:30
Nice reports. Your painting and modelling is fantastic as always. Seems like you really benefited on some of those terrain set ups with the artillery. Nice to see so many orcs getting played (and succesfully!).

DasKhorne
11-11-2008, 05:01
lol concrete corn:cool:

Your rocket hellstorm batteries did lots of damage verse those dark elves, how did you guess so good???:confused:

skavenman
11-11-2008, 14:53
Good job once again. I am one of the slackers that played the event and ended up with second(third in reality). Are you gonna go to rumble at the tower again to defend your win last year?

ZeroTwentythree
11-11-2008, 21:28
Hi, great read, glad to see there are tournies where having fun is as important as winning.

I don't think the armies in attendance were weak, but they were by no means OTT either. It really was a good balance.

Nice reports. Your painting and modelling is fantastic as always. Seems like you really benefited on some of those terrain set ups with the artillery. Nice to see so many orcs getting played (and succesfully!).

The artillery benefited from the last scenario largely because my opponent had a fairly slow & small army. If he had some flyers, he may have been able to hurt me. Of almost as much importance as the terrain were the scenario rules & objectives which prevented overrun moves and basically made our troops act as undead (which meant I could through cheap detachments at him to stall one of his warrior units and his knights, while I concentrated on specific units. Also, my dice were hot and his were so so cold. He blew two look-out-sir rolls and although he had a slight magic advantage over me, even when he successfully cast spells he consistently failed to cause any damage!

lol concrete corn:cool:
Your rocket hellstorm batteries did lots of damage verse those dark elves, how did you guess so good???:confused:

I work in architecture. Distances and spatial relations are my business. I can usually do pretty well with guessing ranges, so it ends up being a matter of whether or not the dice want to cooperate. I did have rockets come back and hit my own troops twice due to bad rolls! :eek: Lucky for me they did little damage -- this time.

Good job once again. I am one of the slackers that played the event and ended up with second(third in reality). Are you gonna go to rumble at the tower again to defend your win last year?

I'm planning on it. I'm already getting sick of my Empire army, but I'm determined to play it for a full year. But I think I'm going to try to work on overhauling it completely in the next few months. Not sure where I'll go with that, though.

Maybe I should just bring the skaven, to defend their title? I actually painted up more clanrats for the 'Ard Boys tournament, so maybe I will just try to see how many figures I can fit into the army. What was the point value last year, 2250?