PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Slaanesh Army for friendly gaming.

Todosi
11-11-2008, 04:46
Ladies and Gents, I give you my Slaanesh list for your constructive criticisms This is mostly for playing with friends.

Lord 360pts
Mark of Slaanesh
Demonic Mount
Runesword
Armor of Damnation

Sorcerer 191pts
Steed
Mark of Slaanesh
Level 2
Power Familiar
Dispel Scroll

Exalted Hero 140pts
Mark of Slaanesh
Blasphemous Amulet

Warriors x15 300pts
Mark of Slaanesh
Shields
Full Command
Rapturous Standard

Warriors x15 300pts
Mark of Slaanesh
Shields
Full Command
Rapturous Standard

Warhounds x10 70 pts
Scaly Skin

Marauder Horsemen 105pts
Mark of Slaanesh
Full Command

Marauder Horsemen 105pts
Mark of Slaanesh
Full Command

Chariot 130pts
Mark of Slaanesh

Chaos Knights x5 280pts
Mark of Slaanesh
Full Command
Rapturous Standard

Giant 265pts
Mark of Slaanesh

The overall plan is the Lord rides with the knights, while the sorcerer rides with one of the Marauders. My Exalted Hero will join a unit of Chaos Warriors. The Warriors will form the core of the battle line while the marauders ride the flanks harassing and drawing charges into place for the warriors. The knights and the chariot will hit one flank ard and hopefully roll down the line. Warhounds of course will be redirectors for the other units. I am considering splitting them into two units. Giant is in there just for the cool factor!

I would appreciate your input and suggestions.

DasKhorne
11-11-2008, 05:24
its a good friendly army yea.

Yea, u shuld split your hounds into 2 screening your lord and your main combat army. The giant is a cool factor yea:D and there also good with MOS

DasKhorne
11-11-2008, 05:26
PS also dont use commands in your marauder horsemen, instead buy 10 marauders with flails and MOS

Lord Dan
11-11-2008, 05:31
I second all that has been said, except that you should keep the Marauder horsemen's musicians.

Todosi
11-11-2008, 06:02
Ok, so here are some adjustments. I popped in a BSB and dropped some of the mounted Marauders. Not sure about that though. I'm also considering the unit of Marauders on foot, but I can't decide what to drop to fit them in. Thoughts?

Lord
Mark of Slaanesh
Demonic Mount
Runesword
Armor of Damnation
360pts

Sorcerer
Steed
Mark of Slaanesh
Level 2
Power Familiar
Dispel Scroll
191pts

Exalted Hero
Mark of Slaanesh
Battle Standard
140pts

Exalted Hero
Mark of Slaanesh
Blasphemous Amulet
Shield
145pts

Warriors x15
Mark of Slaanesh
Shields
Full Command
Rapturous Standard
300pts

Warriors x15
Mark of Slaanesh
Shields
Full Command
Rapturous Standard
300pts

Chaos Hounds x5
Scaly Skin
35 pts

Chaos Hounds x5
Scaly Skin
35 pts

Marauder Horsemen x5
Mark of Slaanesh
Musician
81pts

Chariot
Mark of Slaanesh
130pts

Chaos Knights x5
Mark of Slaanesh
Full Command
260pts

Giant
Mark of Slaanesh
265pts

DasKhorne
11-11-2008, 06:14
lovin it:evilgrin:

Djekar
11-11-2008, 07:16
from what I can tell 3 of your units have the Rapturous Standard... I am AFB right now, but I didn't think there was a special rule allowing you to take multiples of it. If there is, disregard. Other than that, looks pretty solid.

Hugs~

GravlinG
11-11-2008, 13:07
NOT a bad army list at all. going to be Tough to face with lots of units on the table that have great stats and armor saves.

BUT things too be weary of.

U obviously see u not going offensively with magic. BUTu have next too nothing for magic defense, as u only have 4 Dispel dice and 1 dispel scroll.
So anyone coming with more than one Lev 2 wizzard could cause problems, also considering u have not got any magic resistance units.

2nd You said u putting ur mounted wizzard in a unit of marauder horsemen. By doing that they lose there fast Cav special rule. Cos he has chaos armor and a barded steed.
Still works but might slow down ur mobility...

Other than that be carfull of flyers that can march block ur 2x 300pts units of warriors leaving them behind the battle lines.

other than that it can work if u have some lucky dice rolls charge ASAP into combat and Flank Flank Flank...

Hope this wasnt too critical but hope it helps as i have learned Alot from ppl who critic/help me with my armies.

BUT as a fellow chaos player, go forth and spill the blood of the non believers... :-)

mattschuur
11-11-2008, 13:19
Yeah, you cant have 3 Rapturous standards. They are magic banners and thus only 1 is allowed.

matt schuur

Todosi
12-11-2008, 00:42
Thank you all for your thoughts! Gravlin, good point on the sorcerer, he may need to ride with the Knights instead. Also, completely forgot about the unique nature of magic items. DOH!

Allright, with your suggestions in mind, here is what I've come up with. I'd like to find a way to take another dispel scroll but am having a hard time deciding what to drop.

In short, I dropped the second hero, dropped scaly skin from the hounds and added another unit of Horsemen and a unit of Marauders on foot.

Lord
Mark of Slaanesh
Demonic Mount
Runesword
Armor of Damnation
360pts

Sorcerer
Steed
Mark of Slaanesh
Level 2
Power Familiar
Dispel Scroll