PDA

View Full Version : Artillery Bases

Conotor
11-11-2008, 11:01
What do you do with war machines for LOS, as they have no base?

parus_ater
11-11-2008, 11:19
What's bases to do with line of sight?!

Gazak Blacktoof
11-11-2008, 11:21
I can't say its ever come up in a game however warhammer treats all models as blocking LOS across their "base". For a warmachine without a base I would assume the plan view of the machine was its base size and shape. So for a cannon I wouldn't count just the carriage but also the gun.

From your poll I would suggest that "The entire model blocks LOS" probably fits this closest. With the exception of large targets, models don't have heights in warhammer.

Lordmonkey
11-11-2008, 12:04
Agreed. It's always bugged me in fantasy that some things do not have bases, would fix so many problems!

theunwantedbeing
11-11-2008, 12:11
Drawing line of sight from a war machine to its target
You pivote the machine around its centre and then draw line of sight from the point on the machine you wish to act as the point you draw line of sight from (usually the barrel or outermost part of the machine)

Drawing line of sight to a war machine
You just need to have the models wishing to fire to be able to see part of the crew or the machine itself.
As the machine almost never has a base you draw line of sight to the machine itself, and ignore any base your opponent may have placed it on.

Desert Rain
11-11-2008, 16:22
I would say that the entire model blocks the LOS. It becomes easier to see more exactly if you put it on a base.

Storak
11-11-2008, 16:33
Agreed. It's always bugged me in fantasy that some things do not have bases, would fix so many problems!

truth.

give them a huge base and place the crew on their own bases on it. would fix a lot of issues...