PDA

View Full Version : 2k ogre

anerion
11-11-2008, 11:20
right, playing warhammer for a while plenty of high elves and dark elves, which don't seem to do me too badly. i'm trying OK's now, everyone says there a challenge, and i fancy flexing my tactical mind, so tell us what you think!

(mind i'm limited by the models i actualy have atm)

LORDS AND HEROS

Tyrant 318
Heavy Armour
Brace of Pistols
Tenderiser
Gutmaw
Wyrdstone Necklace

Butcher 190
Bangstick
Dispell Scroll
Tooth Gnoblar (2)

Butcher 190
Halfling Cookbook
Dispell Scroll
Tooth Gnoblar (2)

CORE

Bulls (3) 179
Iron Fists
Light Armour
Full Command

Bulls (3) 179
Iron Fists
Light Armour
Full Command

Iron Guts (4) 214
Bull Standard
Full Command

Iron Guts (4) 194
Full Command

Gnoblars (23) 46

SPECIAL

Lead Belchers (2) 110

Lead Belchers (2) 110

RARE

Man Eaters (3) 270
Heavy Armour
2 Cathayan Longswords
1 Brace of Pistols

Thanks in advance Anerion

Embalmed
12-11-2008, 14:25
The thing that immediately strikes me is that your units are quite expensive. You could easily drop FC in favor of a Bellower in the Bulls and drop the gear for them as well, making them 64 pts cheaper each, and not that much worse off really. This gets you enough points for another unit of them.

Dropping the champs from the guts is probably a good idea too, to an extent depending on what you will be facing.

CrownAxe
12-11-2008, 17:32
I find luck gnoblars to not be worth it because it has no effect when gut magic is at its initial 3+ (since rolling a 1 or 2 automatically fails regardless of the luck gnobs). It only has an effect on when you have to roll gut magic on a 6+ or 9+, but between only having 2 butchers and your opponent having dispel dice you probably won't ever roll on a 6+ for gut magic.

As for the core, as already said, Full command is too expensive and is usually better just to take only a musician.

Also i would only take a 2nd unit of Bulls to take a 2nd unit of Gnoblar fighter which you aren't doing i would replace the 2nd bulls with more Ironguts. Iron guts are are better then bulls point wise. For 13 pts you get a bull with heavy armor, a great weapon (so S6) and Ld8. A bull can only upgrade to light and a in combat shield/extra attack that ignore the Ogre Club, leaving you 5 points short of the great weapon and Ld8.

My only other suggestions for your are personal choice (I like Gorgers over Maneaters for a rare choice, or instead of taking a rare, take the 3rd Special choice as either leadbelchers or Scraplaunchers)