PDA

View Full Version : Dark Elf List(2000 pts)

Banimal
11-11-2008, 21:31
LORDS
Dreadlord, Cold One, Sea Dragon Cloak, Shield, Whip of Agony, Armour of Eternal Servitude, Pendant of Khaeleth=274pts

HEROES

Sorceress, lvl2, Tome of Furion,Dispell Scroll=175pts

Sorceress, lvl2, Dispell Scroll, Sacrificial Dagger=185 pts

CORE
20 Corsairs:Command, Banner of Murder=250pts

20 Warriors: Command-155 pts

10 Crossbowmen=100pts

10 Crossbowmen=100pts

8 Harpies=88pts

Assassin: Extra Hand Weapon, Black Lotus, Rune of Khaine-141 pts

SPECIAL
5 Cold One Knights, Standard Bearer, Standard of Slaughter, Dread Knight, =212 pts

5 Cold One Knights, Standard=152 pts

RARE
War Hydra=175pts

Any good? I'm trying to mix my different interests of the Dark Elves: Awesome models like the CoKs and Corsairs, plus the incredible magic prowess(the two sorceresses). I would be using a CoChariot, but as it's still using the old Cold Ones I decided against it.

anerion
12-11-2008, 09:09
nice list, looks nicely rounded. i wouldn't give the Crossbowmen sheilds, can better use the 20points elsewhere, maybe on the second sorceress. i'd be a little concerned about having only one block of infantry mind, but the hyrda should help balance that out. think i could work quite well.

LION
12-11-2008, 15:23
:p I like the list & would keep the RXbow Elves Shields. As you have only one large Block of Infantry the CrossBow units will be seeing more combat than in many other more infantry heavy sit back Dark Elf lists. Hell you may even need to counter charge with them....Shields in that situation will be vital LION

FunkyRatDemon
12-11-2008, 16:08
LORDS
Dreadlord, Cold One, Sea Dragon Cloak, Shield, Whip of Agony, Armour of Eternal Servitude, Pendant of Khaeleth=274pts

HEROES

Sorceress, lvl2, Tome of Furion,Dispell Scroll=175pts

Sorceress, lvl2, Dispell Scroll=160pts

CORE
20 Corsairs:Command, Banner of Murder=250pts

10 Crossbowmen, Shields=110pts

10 Crossbowmen, Shields=110pts

6 Harpies=66pts

Assassin:Additional Hand Weapon, Black Lotus, Touch of Death, Rune of Khaine=171pts

SPECIAL
5 Cold One Knights, Full Command, Standard of Slaughter, Null Talisman=225 pts

5 Cold One Knights, Full Command=175 pts

RARE
War Hydra=175pts

Reaper Bolt Thrower=100 pts

Any good? I'm trying to mix my different interests of the Dark Elves: Awesome models like the CoKs and Corsairs, plus the incredible magic prowess(the two sorceresses). I would be using a CoChariot, but as it's still using the old Cold Ones I decided against it.

I like the Crimson Death over Whip of Agony
You don't really have a good place to toss in the Assassin (because lacking troops). I'd scrap him for a brick of 20Warriors w/ FC
Reapers are best in 2's, a Solo I feel won't do enough, or you could run 2 Hydras instead
Not a fan of Shields on X'bowmen
I like to keep my Cold Ones cheap, only giving them a Champion, use the extra points to give a Sorceress a Sacrificial Dagger (for the Warriors)

Von Wibble
12-11-2008, 18:06
On a mounted lord I would prefer deathpiercer to either of the weapons suggested. Crimson death can't be combined with shield so is best used with blood armour or armour of darkness.

The sacrificial dagger is best used together with a large block of warriors.

As far as shields on crossbowmen goes - imo if you have a medium unit of 16-20 its a good idea with command group - the unit stands on a hill to all fire and requires a lot of effort to be beaten in combat - fast cav has no chance. Later in the battle when there are less targets it can then act as a flanking reinforcement.

But on a unit of 10 imo its not worth it - most units will beat them in combat regardless and the shooting protection is minimal.

Full command on cold ones is pricy. You could drop a champion and musicians and get an extra knight.

I agree with funkyratdeamon about the assassin and rbt. I would also consider 25-30 warriors instead of the corsairs (cheaper, and perfect for a dagger sorceress). With the spare points you could get more warriors, harpies, shades, hydra or dark riders - I would try to find room for more harpies and a hydra myself.

Banimal
13-11-2008, 00:11
Edited list with suggestions from everyone(thanks to all, by the way). Dropped some command models and the bolt thrower and added a unit of warriors, 2 more harpies and a sacrificial dagger. Now the dagger sorc. will sit in the warrior unit while the other stays back with the crossbowmen, while the dreadlord will go with the cheeper unit of CoKs to give them some extra hitting power. I may change the Dreadlord's weapon depending on how well it does the first few times I use it.

Is the new list a step in the right direction? I really want this list to be friendly but still tournament worthy(I'm pretty sure there aren't many HE players in the area, so a Star Dragon in much of a problem), using as many models as I have to minimize buying more(as it stands I just need the harpies, 10 corsairs/xbows, a sorc. and 5 CoKs, which is very dooable on my budget).

Privaron
13-11-2008, 00:13
IMO: This list would get demolished by Dwarfs or Undead. You have a few units that can really pump out a lot of damage but you seem to be focusing on a more shooty list with the Cold Ones and Hydra to really win the fight. I'd drop the Hydra in favor of a bolt thrower, and the assassin for some more warriors as a wall.

PARTYCHICORITA
13-11-2008, 00:34
Overall a good list. Only one thing i didn't like though:

-Corsairs; great models, cool fluff, mediocre rules. Unable to kill anything in combat either drop them for more warriors or find points for BG

A few aditional suggestions:

-Drop harpies to 5, they are suppose to be a cheap unit
-Crimson death for lord
-Magical xbow for sorceress